Ugly Broad!

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Techno Kat said:
Oh my gosh, this is an unbelievable link. Every time I hit refresh there are more and more calls for rescue.
Guess they should've listened when they were told to evauate... :whistle:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
FoxNews was just reporting on the off-shore oil platforms called the L.O.O.P. just south of NO. They said every 1 in every 10 barrels of oil imported in the US goes through there and the eye of the hurricane passed right over top of it. There have been unconfirmed reports of platforms/rigs adrift in the sea, too. Not good. :frown:

Mikeinsmd

jazz lady said:
FoxNews was just reporting on the off-shore oil platforms called the L.O.O.P. just south of NO. They said every 1 in every 10 barrels of oil imported in the US goes through there and the eye of the hurricane passed right over top of it. There have been unconfirmed reports of platforms/rigs adrift in the sea, too. Not good. :frown:
:dead: :bawl: :dead: :bawl: :dead: :bawl:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Kizzy said:
Oh gas prices could be REAL bad after this. :ohwell:
I'm listening to them talk about this now. Oil analysts are already warning that $3 a gallon could be a reality. Fortunately, oil prices are only up $1.07 a barrel right now to $67 and change after is was over $70 a barrel, but who knows what will happen when they get to assess what the REAL damage is.

K

Kizzy

jazz lady said:
I'm listening to them talk about this now. Oil analysts are already warning that $3 a gallon could be a reality. Fortunately, oil prices are only up $1.07 a barrel right now to $67 and change after is was over $70 a barrel, but who knows what will happen when they get to assess what the REAL damage is.

Earlier they said $10 a barrel increases "could be" possible.

This morning it was @ $70 a barrel, but I think Bush's announcement could have affected that as the day went on.

:rolleyes: As I was typing this, Fox News just said the same thing. :lmao:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Kizzy said:
Earlier they said $10 a barrel increases "could be" possible.

This morning it was @ $70 a barrel, but I think Bush's announcement could have affected that as the day went on.
I'm sure it had a LOT to do with it as well as several refiners saying their plants had minimal damage. That and they just don't know what the extent of the damage is yet. One company said two of its oil rigs had "drifted off location" and were being tracked via built-in tracking devices. I'm sure there will be a lot of bad news when they get an actual look-see.

:rolleyes: As I was typing this, Fox News just said the same thing. :lmao:
We must be listening to the same channel. :wink:

tomchamp

We do it on are own!

When the Tsunamis hit...Who was there? When Iran..yes Iran..had a major earthquack.? Who was there?..Tell me one other country in the world that has or will offer help after Katrina just wiped out some of are lower states cities..! We don't need their help..we will rebuild and move on..! When Russia had a nuclear reactor..bassically explode..lost a submarine? Who was there?
(spelling on all?)

BuddyLee

Football addict
Thing about oil is that those Gulf coast states harbor a substantial portion of refineries. I think earlier this morning they said that it was estimated that they'd lose about 1 million barrels of production per day. Yep, keep complaining about those oil prices now, just wait.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
jazz lady said:
Weird. We just came back from New Orleans a couple weeks ago, went by those platforms and saw all that stuff pre-hurricane. It's sad. :sad:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
BuddyLee said:
Thing about oil is that those Gulf coast states harbor a substantial portion of refineries. I think earlier this morning they said that it was estimated that they'd lose about 1 million barrels of production per day. Yep, keep complaining about those oil prices now, just wait.
Actually, it's more like 1.5 million for the entire Gulf region that was affected by the hurricane. The 1 million bpd was just for the LOOP (Louisiana Offshore Oil Port).

REGARDLESS, :wink: fuel prices are going to be going up unless we tap into the oil reserves.

In other news, I was just watching a live report from The French Quarter. There is some damage, but little or no flooding and not much of it major structural damage. :yay: Unfortunately, places south and east of there are MUCH worse off. :frown:

Agee

kwillia said:
Wow... I'm reading these posts and it's amazing to watch it all unfold. And to think these posts are only referring to people being specifically referenced... there is no way to know just how many people are in major trouble. I can't believe so many of the elderly were left to wait out the storm.
According to the "News Channels", officials still can't get into parts of Biloxi to determine damge, or more importantly, of the people that stayed, how many have met demise.

Looks like Biloxi MS., took the major brunt of this storm. Wow, I know people there...

Agee

Dumb Azz Reporters...

A FOX news reporter mentioned that an Oil Rig got blown into a major bridge in Mobile, AL. Bridge closed down. Well the anchor on FOX (made her name as an OJ legal analyst) was questioning a major Oil Rig executive. Referred to the incident of the rig, and how an Oil Rig from the Gulf could make it into the Mobile area and strike a bridge. The executive went on to say "all of our rigs are anchored to the Gulf floor, and seems highly un-likely they could make it to Mobile".

Bottom line, the Rig was being re-furbished at a local Mobile shipyard, and busted loose from it's morrings. :tantrum:

Can you say sensationalisum!

Triggerfish

tomchamp said:
When the Tsunamis hit...Who was there? When Iran..yes Iran..had a major earthquack.? Who was there?..Tell me one other country in the world that has or will offer help after Katrina just wiped out some of are lower states cities..! We don't need their help..we will rebuild and move on..! When Russia had a nuclear reactor..bassically explode..lost a submarine? Who was there?
(spelling on all?)

tsunami...a hell of a lot of countries. Even North Korea (probably for propaganda purpose) was offering help. Even countries that were hit hard were offering others that were hit help.

Iran...also a lot of nations. Especially rescue groups that helped search the rubbles for survivors.

Submarine Kursk....Norway....others offered but rejected by the Russian govt

Recent submarine that was caught....Rescued by the British....US help was on the way. Japanese government offered some help with logistics in the way of other ships.

If Katrina would have destroyed New Orleans or if there was a higher loss of life.... The nation probably would have received offers of help from countries that U.S. considers friendly (U.K., Japan, Australia, etc) to some less friendly to others many Americans love to hate.

Remember 9/11? The nation had aid and volunteers coming from all over the world.
BTW why the negative feelings?

Last edited: