Unused Retail Space in St. Mary's

BuddyLee

Football addict
Originally posted by Chrystee
I don't get where the prices are so high? The quality is SO MUCH better than FL.. If you have the bonus card, you get excellent deals! I also heard that they take ALL coupons, and double them.

Hows about Shoppers?:confused:

They're prices are well below that of Giant and they compare to Food Lion's prices on many items. At shoppers you dont need a card its the same price for everyone so you dont have to fumble through the 50 cards you have and expect the angry mob in line behind you to not be ####ed at you.

P.S. Shoppers is nice and also takes coupons.:wink:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Originally posted by Barbra
I was placing a lunch order not long ago when a mouse ran across the counter. I haven't been back since. Yuck. :barf:

Yes I dont like Chic-Fil-A either. I paid 4 bucks for 6 dime sized chicken nuggets. WTF:burning:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Originally posted by BuddyLee
Yes I dont like Chic-Fil-A either. I paid 4 bucks for 6 dime sized chicken nuggets. WTF:burning:

Their salads are the bomb though...

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Originally posted by dustin
hush woman! :nono: Only certain peeps need to know my secret squirrel name...

My bad....

You know what they say, "You can't make friends with a squirrel. A squirrel is just a rat with a cuter outfit".

dustin

UAIOE
Originally posted by Nickel
My bad....

You know what they say, "You can't make friends with a squirrel. A squirrel is just a rat with a cuter outfit".

Don't talk to me about rat's. You are the one who wants to hang out with a deadbeat who collects rat carcasses...:lol:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Don't talk to me about rat's. You are the one who wants to hang out with a deadbeat who collects rat carcasses...:lol:

:whip: Don't talk about Buddy like that, he bought you an Easter present :lol:

Chrystee

Originally posted by BuddyLee
Hows about Shoppers?:confused:

They're prices are well below that of Giant and they compare to Food Lion's prices on many items. At shoppers you dont need a card its the same price for everyone so you dont have to fumble through the 50 cards you have and expect the angry mob in line behind you to not be ####ed at you.

P.S. Shoppers is nice and also takes coupons.:wink:

First week open, we bought some meat there.. it was ROTTEN. They are ok for some things.. but.. I stay at Giant. I like to support Unions.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Originally posted by Chrystee
First week open, we bought some meat there.. it was ROTTEN. They are ok for some things.. but.. I stay at Giant. I like to support Unions.

SFW is union.:wink:

Originally posted by tatercake
we just park in the Lowes lot behind Starbucks. :wink:
:yeahthat: Whenever I visit my buddy who managest the Verizon store, I just park in the Lowes lot, in the row across the back closest to Starbucks and walk across the grass.

Originally posted by SamSpade
YES.

Considering the considerable traffic in and out of that area, imagine peacefully whistling towards Starbucks, anticipating a nice frothy cappucino - and around the corner on two wheels is a double axled pickup zooming through the parking lot.

Ok, a little hyperbole. But I've seen gas stations on busy corners become drive-thru lots, and in rush hour traffic, it becomes dangerous just to go buy GAS. I'm all for making things convenient, but I understand people's willful ability to be stupid, if they really apply themselves.
This happens ALL THE TIME at the New Market Texaco at Rt. 5 & Rt. 6 in Charlotte Hall.

A bit off topic. But does anyone know what a small size retail store in one of those shopping centers would cost to lease? And also, would someone be able to reside in said retail store as a home? Or are there some type of zone restrictions?

I was wondering what the cost comparison is of a retail lease is as compared to an equally sized apartment in the area....considering the lack of housing here....
I can ask my buddy what his store pays in rent if you want.

You have to have special zoning to live in the same building as a commercial operation (i.e. living over your store). But generally not allowed. But, if you have a cot/futon in the back room office, who's to say you are living there, instead of just crashing there after a late night doing inventory?

dustin

UAIOE
Originally posted by huntr1
I can ask my buddy what his store pays in rent if you want.

You have to have special zoning to live in the same building as a commercial operation (i.e. living over your store). But generally not allowed. But, if you have a cot/futon in the back room office, who's to say you are living there, instead of just crashing there after a late night doing inventory?

Thanks huntr, but it looks like my plans are foiled again.

I was hoping that a commerical "cube" inside one of those strips on 235 would have around the same price for a lease as would rent for a house/apt...but have more square footage.

Then I could put up a bunch of those japanese folding wall thingees and stick a shower in the bathroom and be set!