Vick goes to...

QB all the way. Vick is not a RB and he's not a WR. It's all well and good to get all those rushing yards when you don't get touched the first 10 yards after scrambling. It is quite another thing to go across the middle and know you're going to get your clock cleaned as the ball arrives and it is yet another thing to take off from the backfield when the D KNOWS you're running.

I think there are so many people who've been around dog fighting in the NFL that they GOTTA try to make a happy ending out of this.

Somehow.

But, a QB as in, under center, running the offense the whole game? I don't think so. I think he takes snaps, but in more gadget-type formations - not as a primary quarterback. If Donovan goes down, do you think Vick is the person that replaces him? I seriously doubt it.

And I agree, Vick is not a running back.

Anyone wanna tell me Vicks role?

It is multi-faceted, and some of the facets aren't just about his on-field role.

(1) On the field, his role is kinda like what Slash's was. He can come in as quarterback for a few plays in some alternative formations. Maybe he spreads out wide for a play or two. Maybe he serves as a distraction for a play or two.

(2) As crazy as it sounds, he serves a marketing role. He creates interest - good and bad - and ultimately, in this situation, I believe that might equate to increased revenue and marketing prominence for Philadelphia within the NFL.

(3) He actually takes a little pressure and focus off of Donovan. Donovan won't have to deal with as much of the 'should Donovan be our quarterback' talk - at least not early in the season. When was the last time that wasn't the primary focus of the football conversation in Philly? Personally, I think this part of it may backfire, because I see McNabb as a prima donna who doesn't like it when the focus isn't on him.

(4) Here is the gem for Philadelphia. He has the potential to become a trade-able football asset for Philly, if he gets through this year from a PR standpoint. He gets through the worst of the public outrage over him playing. He gets back into football shape. He makes a few plays on the field and shows that he still has the ability to be a dangerous weapon. Philadelphia took the chance and dealt with the potential media circus, and in so doing they redeemed his value as a player. Now, they have an option for next year, and the rights to a Vick that a lot of other NFL teams may have an interest in. Perhaps, for their small salary investment this year, they could get a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick from someone for him next year.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It is multi-faceted, and some of the facets aren't just about his on-field role.

(1) On the field, his role is kinda like what Slash's was. He can come in as quarterback for a few plays in some alternative formations. Maybe he spreads out wide for a play or two. Maybe he serves as a distraction for a play or two. It is one thing to take off after scrambling when everyone on the Di has their back to you or has to chase you. It is another to come across the middle and they are waiting for you.

(2) As crazy as it sounds, he serves a marketing role. He creates interest - good and bad - and ultimately, in this situation, I believe that might equate to increased revenue and marketing prominence for Philadelphia within the NFL. If Vick pulls off the 'I repent' gig I can see that. If he starts getting in trouble...

(3) He actually takes a little pressure and focus off of Donovan. Donovan won't have to deal with as much of the 'should Donovan be our quarterback' talk - at least not early in the season. When was the last time that wasn't the primary focus of the football conversation in Philly? Personally, I think this part of it may backfire, because I see McNabb as a prima donna who doesn't like it when the focus isn't on him. To me, he puts more pressure on Donovan every time he misses a receiver or gets picked

(4) Here is the gem for Philadelphia. He has the potential to become a trade-able football asset for Philly, if he gets through this year from a PR standpoint. He gets through the worst of the public outrage over him playing. He gets back into football shape. He makes a few plays on the field and shows that he still has the ability to be a dangerous weapon. Philadelphia took the chance and dealt with the potential media circus, and in so doing they redeemed his value as a player. Now, they have an option for next year, and the rights to a Vick that a lot of other NFL teams may have an interest in. Perhaps, for their small salary investment this year, they could get a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick from someone for him next year.

Unless he's at QB it seems to me he's gonna get hurt and that's that.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Unless he's at QB it seems to me he's gonna get hurt and that's that.

I have to admit, I'd give Vick more of a chance of survival, in Philadelphia, than I would give to Brett Favre on his supposed comeback in Minnesota!

Keep your wits about you, old man!:evil:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well, you can't play scared and on what if's.

Especially so if you're in Vick's shoes. You play your ass off because that's all you've got.

My point is that he's never been a RB or WR. It's just different skill sets. I have no doubt Vick will play hard. However, I don't see how he holds up physically.

BuddyLee

Football addict
My point is that he's never been a RB or WR. It's just different skill sets. I have no doubt Vick will play hard. However, I don't see how he holds up physically.
Well, if you're a Vick or Iggles fan that's the beauty. He's not a QB or RB or WR perse; he's all rolled up in one. As a defense you like to know what the opposing offense has in store for you. That's a tough feat to accomplish if you have Vick, McNabb and Westbrook on the field all together.

If he can survive rushing as a QB and gaining close to and over 1,000 yards in three season I have no doubt he can stay healthy.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm

He, (Vick) still has some good moves, and he's fast. He might last a while........

LordStanley

I know nothing
A buddie of mine from Philly sent me this

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2 (2).jpg
    imagejpeg_2 (2).jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 29

Peter Forsberg

No, it's not. It's hatred and insanity. I've seen passion, I'm a Gator fan...the passion for SEC schools is unmatched. THAT'S passion. Eagle fans are just hateful.
I have passion not only for the Eagles but for all other Philly sports teams. I have been to many a Redskins game and have seen how they treat the visiting teams fans. Sure Philly fans can be ignorant but no worse then other fans. I'm embarrassed at the sigining of Vick but that will not change the passion for the team my father brought me up to love.

Last edited:

LastSon

Man of Tomorrow
He, (Vick) still has some good moves, and he's fast. He might last a while........

How does anyone know that for sure? He hasn't been on a football field in over 2 years. He was already injury prone and slowing down before his time in jail, now he's pushing 30 and hasn't worked with NFL coaches and trainers for 2 full season, who knows what he'll be like now.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
A buddie of mine from Philly sent me this

:yay:

Thanks!

I have passion not only for the Eagles but for all other Philly sports teams. I have been to many a Redskins game and have seen how they treat the visiting teams fans. Sure Philly fans can be ignorant but no worse then other fans. I'm embarrassed at the signing of Vick but that will not change the passion for the team my father brought me up to love.

I don't hate the Eagles, I just won't be rooting for them for a bit because my passion lies in standing up for the weak and innocent, the dogs.
I will however bash Michael Vick, his signing on to the Eagles is not something I would have ever supported. The guy is finished, I mean millions of dollars in endorsements gone, all the fines he owes..... he is washed up even if he gives it his all. I don't ever see him rising to the top ever again.

Beta84

They're out to get us
Im an Eagle Fan... Are you calling me hatefull?
very :coffee:

I have passion not only for the Eagles but for all other Philly sports teams. I have been to many a Redskins game and have seen how they treat the visiting teams fans. Sure Philly fans can be ignorant but no worse then other fans. I'm embarrassed at the sigining of Vick but that will not change the passion for the team my father brought me up to love.

The skins fans are pretty bad too. I've heard they will #### on you if you aren't wearing their colors at a game...even if you're cheering for them! :doh: