Washington Redskins at Carolina Panthers

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Arrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

This game should be the best indicator of what we might expect in the regular season. The starters will play for at least a half if not into the third quarter.

I expect the offensive line to maul and destroy. Joe Bugel just buried his daughter today in Arizona. To his character he is in Charlotte, North Carolina coaching his team now. What a guy.

The defense should play everyone but Laron Landry who is still trying to get rid of that lingering hamstring.

I would like to see Campbell more crisp this week. Quick smart throws. I want to see Clinton Portis get some good runs in.

I do not want to see Devine throwing the ball at all in this game.

Should be interesting. HTTR!

...yeah, it was. :jameo:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah...

Doctors calling Jason Taylor's injury a sprained right knee.

Very good news.

...except it's just one more illustration of why you build your own team with lots of young guys and stay away from expensive, older free agents; too much can be lost on one guy be it poor performance or injury.

Build within. Buy used parts cheap.

outlawrc

Well that was certainly embarrassing (sp). I am glad I wasn't buying $8.00 beers for that one.
Not taking the redskins stuff off the truck though.
Good thing Buddylee put his tickets up for sale before this game or it would look bad.:gossip::killingme:killingme:killingme:howdy:

Otter

Nothing to see here
This game should be the best indicator of what we might expect in the regular season. The starters will play for at least a half if not into the third quarter.

I expect the offensive line to maul and destroy. Joe Bugel just buried his daughter today in Arizona. To his character he is in Charlotte, North Carolina coaching his team now. What a guy.

The defense should play everyone but Laron Landry who is still trying to get rid of that lingering hamstring.

I would like to see Campbell more crisp this week. Quick smart throws. I want to see Clinton Portis get some good runs in.

I do not want to see Devine throwing the ball at all in this game.

Should be interesting. HTTR!

So glad I didn't watch it...:lol:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I had...

So glad I didn't watch it...:lol:

...a pile of light fixtures I wanted to install when I cracked my first beer, set the lights aside and started getting into the game.

1/2 way through the third ALL three kitchen fixtures were up plus a broken cabinet hinge was fixed. :lmao:

Could be a very productive season! :jameo:

Otter

Nothing to see here
...a pile of light fixtures I wanted to install when I cracked my first beer, set the lights aside and started getting into the game.

1/2 way through the third ALL three kitchen fixtures were up plus a broken cabinet hinge was fixed. :lmao:

Could be a very productive season! :jameo:

Only thing I can see coming out of that game is that its a nice wake-up call for the team and the fans.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Care to elaborate with examples from the last two seasons?

Leading into the 07 season there were only two teams that were over the $102 million cap. The Colts and the Skins. The Skins by almost 5 million. All other teams were below the cap. When Spurrier was coach Forbes listed him as THE highest paid coach in the NFL. Snydie blew millions on non-producers like Brunell and Portis. He thought (and still thinks) spending big money on a few players will BUY a winning team. Snydie had spent half of the $800 million he spent on the Redskins on player salaries in just 4 years. This doesn't even address the cost of going to a game or a pre-season practice.

If you're denying Snottie Snydie isn't ALL about the money and very little about a solution for a winning team then you're a kool-aide drinker. Since he's owned the team they have been losers. Money doesn't make a winning team. Some of us are sick of this wealthy snot-nosed attitude. We want the old Redskins fire back, not this business suit dictator.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I would...

Only thing I can see coming out of that game is that its a nice wake-up call for the team and the fans.

...have referred to stay asleep and dreaming. The Panthers, a mid to upper tier team, exposed every weakness we have and then some.

Jansen, as usual, got used.

Samuels got shown what life is like on the downside by Peppers.

Rabach got blown up several times.

Portis is a fine back but has got something to prove if he's still to be thought of as a top five guy, including playing a whole season. Betts seems to have had his 1/2 season of fame.

Campbell is, in fact, in his 7th system in 8 years.

Kelly and Thomas have shown nothing, not even the discipline to be ready for camp. Joey T made the most laughable comparison I have heard in some times claiming Santana Moss and Steve Smith are the same player.

The d line is still a weakness since the '05 season. You've been right about that since at least then. That makes the LB's vulnerable and they're not set anyway and that makes the DB's the last line of defense and that's three plays from Smoot, Springs and Rogers from being on the shelf for part or all of the season.

We looked good against two also rans and the Colts JV. I'm not even looking forward to the Jags.

There is certainly an argument to be made that they were never as good as they looked earlier and aren't as bad as they looked last night, but, none of these worries are new.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Just to...

Leading into the 07 season there were only two teams that were over the $102 million cap. The Colts and the Skins. The Skins by almost 5 million. All other teams were below the cap. When Spurrier was coach Forbes listed him as THE highest paid coach in the NFL. Snydie blew millions on non-producers like Brunell and Portis. He thought (and still thinks) spending big money on a few players will BUY a winning team. Snydie had spent half of the $800 million he spent on the Redskins on player salaries in just 4 years. This doesn't even address the cost of going to a game or a pre-season practice.

If you're denying Snottie Snydie isn't ALL about the money and very little about a solution for a winning team then you're a kool-aide drinker. Since he's owned the team they have been losers. Money doesn't make a winning team. Some of us are sick of this wealthy snot-nosed attitude. We want the old Redskins fire back, not this business suit dictator.

...be fair, I think Zorn was a good choice and they showed at least some commitment to the draft and I think it is a very good thing that Cerrato, finally, has a title so there is at least an official place to point fingers instead of the mysterious cloud that was Gibbs/Snyder/Vinny.

Now, to support your argument, supposedly, the only thing that saved us yet another FA disaster in terms of Chad Johnson was the Bengals actually being dumb enough to not unload him on us. Kelly and Thomas both seem well on their way to having wasted rookie seasons. Nothing, again, was done to build a top d line. Same thing with an O line that features as obvious has been in Jansen, a 36 year old LG and other aged guys, Samuels and Thomas who are probably a year or two from being done. Plus, the team is relying on a near 34year old new comer, Fletcher, as the D leader.

Finally, Taylor was not worth a second rounder and the fact that he himself was a third round pick reveals the folly of trading for him. As usual, our pipeline is pretty much bare.

As another piece of bleakness, Zorn as head coach was an accident and choice of convenience more than a deliberate thought process and system akin to the Chad non trade; more luck than plan.

PsyOps

Pixelated
...be fair, I think Zorn was a good choice and they showed at least some commitment to the draft and I think it is a very good thing that Cerrato, finally, has a title so there is at least an official place to point fingers instead of the mysterious cloud that was Gibbs/Snyder/Vinny.

Now, to support your argument, supposedly, the only thing that saved us yet another FA disaster in terms of Chad Johnson was the Bengals actually being dumb enough to not unload him on us. Kelly and Thomas both seem well on their way to having wasted rookie seasons. Nothing, again, was done to build a top d line. Same thing with an O line that features as obvious has been in Jansen, a 36 year old LG and other aged guys, Samuels and Thomas who are probably a year or two from being done. Plus, the team is relying on a near 34year old new comer, Fletcher, as the D leader.

Finally, Taylor was not worth a second rounder and the fact that he himself was a third round pick reveals the folly of trading for him. As usual, our pipeline is pretty much bare.

As another piece of bleakness, Zorn as head coach was an accident and choice of convenience more than a deliberate thought process and system akin to the Chad non trade; more luck than plan.

Well, that is fair… if I were talking about Zorn. My problem is with Snyder. I happen to like Zorn. Fresh mind. A choice that went from one extreme (Gibbs, old school) to another. We're actually seeing some good things under his leadership. And I bet he likes jazz. :biggrin:

We’ll see if Snottie can keep his fingers out of the field-of-play decision-making.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
No...

Well, that is fair… if I were talking about Zorn. My problem is with Snyder. I happen to like Zorn. Fresh mind. A choice that went from one extreme (Gibbs, old school) to another. We're actually seeing some good things under his leadership. And I bet he likes jazz. :biggrin:

We’ll see if Snottie can keep his fingers out of the field-of-play decision-making.

...on the whole, I think you are obviously correct; what the hell does Snyder actually care about the Redskins as long as it's making money. I say 'it' on purpose because I think you are right. Redskins is a product to him, not a 'they'.

BuddyLee

Football addict
...except it's just one more illustration of why you build your own team with lots of young guys and stay away from expensive, older free agents; too much can be lost on one guy be it poor performance or injury.

Build within. Buy used parts cheap.
We still have a bunch of young hopefuls.

Erasmus James. Rob Jackson. Chris Wilson.

Not sure if they're every down players though.

BuddyLee

Football addict

I cannot and will not disagree that Snyder is all about the money. I think he's changing for the better though. He bought the team in this 30's, people mature...even Sndyer.

Being over the cap isn't that big of a deal either. Before no time we were 10 million under and had secured all 22 of our starters from the previous season.

I think the 2007 and 2008 drafts were well done and were pushes in the right direction, youth driven. We're building good depth.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Jason Taylor will be out for 10-14 days.

Terrible news for the G-men...

...Osi Umenyiora is done for the season. He will undergo season ending surgery soon.

BuddyLee

Football addict
I know the Skins line looked like poo in pass protection last night, giving up 4 sacks. I didn't realize how pourous the Giants line was last night.

7 sacks and a forced fumble.

MrSnyder

You're not very nice, but I do understand since you don't have my pedigree. :nono: