Washington Redskins at Carolina Panthers

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Redskins - Three

Panthers - A billion

Did you hear about Merriman?

I haven't seen the news, read a paper or done anything intellectual in a week. I have, however, seen every kids movie for those under four. What happened to Merriman?

I am DYING for real football season.......

BuddyLee

Football addict
I haven't seen the news, read a paper or done anything intellectual in a week. I have, however, seen every kids movie for those under four. What happened to Merriman?

I am DYING for real football season.......
He has knee ligament damage. He will miss time, I'm not sure how much. Could be the whole year if he has surgery.

Big blow to the Chargers. Sorry.

PsyOps

Pixelated
It's Snyder and learn a little something about the guy the past few seasons before you throw him under the bus.

The guy is still about the money. Money buys a winning team. :rolleyes: He'll never get it. Snyder is the bane of this team and always will be.

And BTW... Snotty Snydie owns the bus.

BuddyLee

Football addict
The guy is still about the money. Money buys a winning team. :rolleyes: He'll never get it. Snyder is the bane of this team and always will be.

And BTW... Snotty Snydie owns the bus.
Care to elaborate with examples from the last two seasons?

BuddyLee

Football addict
You wanted examples?

I gave one to you.
You gave me a loss, which relates to this woeful pre-season game.

You didn't give me an example as to why Snyder is the problem with this team.

I didn't see him playing middle linebacker in that game but maybe I missed that part.

Peter Forsberg

You gave me a loss, which relates to this woeful pre-season game.

You didn't give me an example as to why Snyder is the problem with this team.

I didn't see him playing middle linebacker in that game but maybe I missed that part.
Brandon LLoyd, Adam Archuleta. Big money for terrible players.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Brandon LLoyd, Adam Archuleta. Big money for terrible players.
I agree. Adam Archuleta was supposed to be a dominant safety. It's too bad we got him after his slide. Now he's a linebacker for the Raiiida's.:ohwell:

Every team makes roster mistakes. Another one could be T.J. Duckett.

All of these were 2006, which was a bad year.

There have been many calls from the media lambasting Snyder for his past as an ass. I agree that he's been an ass in the past too. However, I believe he's coming around and learning. Starting from the 2007 campaign we drafted well. The organization got London Fletcher in free-agency, which was a helluva pickup.

They had a great draft this year as well. They didn't go out spending millions on busted old free-agents. When one veteran went down they picked up another to take his place, quickly too.

Perhaps its all an aberration. We'll just have to wait and see. I think Snyder is getting on the right track and a lot of the media is jumping on to that idea.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Snyder says he's matured

PALM BEACH, Fla. — His offseason has been uncharacteristically quiet, and his newly hired coach is unusually inexperienced.

Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder says, however, that despite the seemingly radical departures from past practices, he hasn't really changed, only matured.

"There are a bunch of things I wish I would have done differently," Mr. Snyder told The Washington Times yesterday at the annual NFL meetings. "I've made plenty of mistakes, but I've learned from my mistakes as a good entrepreneur, a good CEO would do. I've matured. I wasn't patient enough in certain areas early on. I didn't understand the game the way I do now. I didn't understand the agents, the contractual relationship with the salary cap, the importance of the age of players. Now it's easy for me, second nature."

Washington Times - Skins' Snyder says he's 'matured'

I think it's easy to point to his failures. Most don't know what he really has done and given to the team, especially over the past few years.