We Need This Law in Maryland

Mikeinsmd

Kain99 said:
This is a logistical nightmare. The law will never stick. Really....
I want all the tag #'s of the supporters of this absurdness..... Some buddies and I have time to kill Saturday night and thought it'd be a hoot to follow them around, calling in, getting them a ticket!! :jet: Thank gawd it's anonomous!! :killingme

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Kain99 said:
This is a logistical nightmare. The law will never stick. Really....
Imagine how many, "OK, sorry. Here's your $50" responses versus the number of "What the *bleeeeeeeeeep* are you talking about? I wasn't *bleeeeeeeeeeping* there! I don't even *bleeeeeeeeeping* smoke!" responses. :lol:

That won't be a pain in the arse at all! :cheesy:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
cholo said:
I'm not a smoker, and I don't like it when I someone flick their butt out either, particularly when it hits my car. But I woult NOT want to see Maryland start issuing tickets on the word of some anonymous tattletale. Why let it go at butt-flicking? Why not let citizens report speeders, red light runners, lane weavers, and people who don't use their turn signals and automatically send the alleged violator a speeding ticket in the mail and force them to prove they were acting within the law?
I agree.

Why do some smokers throw their cig butts on the road in the first place? It's not like they're dumping toxic waste, but it does seem disgusting. I never understood the people who hock loogies in public, either.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Mikeinsmd said:
I want all the tag #'s of the supporters of this absurdness..... Some buddies and I have time to kill Saturday night and thought it'd be a hoot to follow them around, calling in, getting them a ticket!! :jet: Thank gawd it's anonomous!! :killingme
It's a terrific law. Much like their "Better not let your underwear show or we'll fine you!" attempt earlier this year.

Mikeinsmd

K_Jo said:
It's a terrific law. Much like their "Better not let your underwear show or we'll fine you!" attempt earlier this year.
This lady found a loophole in the underwear law.....

Attachments

• 00007313.jpg
    00007313.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 66

cholo

¡Tengo una tarjeta verde!
Tonio said:
I never understood the people who hock loogies in public, either.

It's out of necessity. Having just gotten over a cold, I can tell you that I get great deal of satisfaction clearing my throat of a jawbreaker-sized phlegm-wad. If my car had a built in spitoon, I wouldn't have to hurtle it out the window. But then it wouldn't be as much fun.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
What did I EVER do with my time before the forum??? :roflmao:

KJo - You beat me to the karma option!
Mikey - I almost peed my pants thinking of a gang busters approach to a group of us SoMDers riding around calling in cig flickers for entertainment - to only THEN RUSH HOME TO WRITE ON THE BOARD ABOUT IT!!! :killingme

I must confess however, I do deserve a ticket for this one time, :inbandcamp:
while driving to my crib in Alexandria, I flicked a butt out da window and it landed in a beautiful open convertible.... :yikes:

My fellow Virginian was NOT happy with me.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
morganj614 said:
Aren't butts biodegradable?:cool: What about folks like me that toss gum out?
Nope they aren't. and the amount of nicotine and other drugs found in the butt if ingested can be fatal to most animals (and BTW kids), not to mention the chance of starting a grass fire or a forest fire..

Just think it's disgusting to look at the edge of roads, and curbs at intersections and see 2 - 3 inches of cigarette butts that SOMEONE has to pay to clean up. I used to smoke, and at the end of each day would empty my pocket of cigarette butts into the trash... and while in the Army, while a smoker myself I HATED police call in the morning where I time was spent picking up hundreds of cigaretter butts around the comany and battalion area (Or Troop and Squadron area for Cavalry types like me!!)

itsbob

I bowl overhand
itsbob said:
Nope they aren't. and the amount of nicotine and other drugs found in the butt if ingested can be fatal to most animals (and BTW kids), not to mention the chance of starting a grass fire or a forest fire..
Take that back, i guess EVERYTHING would be considered biodegradable gvein enough time.. 5 years.. 10 years.. a millenium..

mAlice

professional daydreamer
How 'bout the bags garbage of that have fallen off of trucks and busted open, spreading dirty diapers and the weeks dinner scraps all over the road? And people have the nerve to complain about ciggy butts. :rolleyes: Or, how 'bout dead animals? Let's talk about real litter.

cholo

¡Tengo una tarjeta verde!
virgovictoria said:
I must confess however, I do deserve a ticket for this one time, :inbandcamp:
while driving to my crib in Alexandria, I flicked a butt out da window and it landed in a beautiful open convertible.... :yikes:
My dad had a few butts come back in the rear windows and land on the seat. Now you're bringing up memories of road trips in a smoke filled station wagon that I'd much rather forget.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
cholo said:
It's out of necessity. Having just gotten over a cold, I can tell you that I get great deal of satisfaction clearing my throat of a jawbreaker-sized phlegm-wad.
I understand that. I'm not talking about spitting out the wad while driving. I'm talking about spitting it out on the ground while walking or while standing with a group of friends.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Tonio said:
I understand that. I'm not talking about spitting out the wad while driving. I'm talking about spitting it out on the ground while walking or while standing with a group of friends.

What do you do with your lung biscuit while hangin' out with your pals?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
elaine said:
How 'bout the bags garbage of that have fallen off of trucks and busted open, spreading dirty diapers and the weeks dinner scraps all over the road? And people have the nerve to complain about ciggy butts. :rolleyes: Or, how 'bout dead animals? Let's talk about real litter.
I'll give ya that.. I think they should be more aggressive tickting people with unsecured loads.. or people that have lost loads. thought I did seeone in Columbia a couple of weeks ago got me thinking how safe is a safe following distance.. guy towing a boat, doing about 50 - 60 MPH.. the BIMINI top seperates from his boat and goes bouncing down the highway PERILOUSLY close to the cars that were behind him.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
cholo said:
My dad had a few butts come back in the rear windows and land on the seat. Now you're bringing up memories of road trips in a smoke filled station wagon that I'd much rather forget.

:poorbaby: Sorry man... :kiss: