Welcome back! Here's what's new:

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Hey, is there a way to get to SOMD.com (main page) from the Forums?
That's on my cleanup list. I lost most of my day Thursday due to this Murder-Suicide debacle. So, in order to get this online by COB Saturday, thus allowing us Sunday to flush out issues before the week starts, I was forced to prioritize and move some items to the post-install list. Probably more than you wanted to know. But, I had a rock solid plan, hours and hours of prep time, and don't want people to think I'm a slacker by having missed obvious things. :)

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I am trying to upgrade to Premo and it says I have to put in payment info.
No place for payment info.....

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
I'll take a look... PayPal is the only payment processor enabled, so it should redirect you to their site and then they'll redirect you back. If you're using one of the new browsers which blocks everything, try disabling the blockers. I use Brave for my personal browsing and I end up disabling their blockers for most of the sites I use because it constantly breaks them---especially when forms are involved.

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
OK, My Bad. It works now. I didn't assign PayPal as a payment option for that upgrade. When you click on the button, it will take you to PayPal. If not, check those blockers i mentioned earlier. Thanks for pointing this out! 🐱

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yes, that is not what I meant. I can see them that way but I would like to see them on the front page like they used to be. For example:

1. Forum
    1. Sub-forum with latest thread and date/time of last post showing
    2. Sub-forum with latest thread and date/time of last post showing
    3. Sub-forum with latest thread and date/time of last post showing
Now, I have to actually go into the forum to be able to see the latest thread in each sub-forum.

I never saw that - just the main forums on the front page, then go in to see any sub-forums. I must have been using a different skin or had them collapsed.
Hey, is there a way to get to SOMD.com (main page) from the Forums?

That was mentioned yesterday and David is going to revamp the top menu to include Somd.com and the classifieds.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
EMAIL MANIA!!

Good grief! To make it stop, go into your account, and Preferences. At the top you can turn off email notifications.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
@David There used to be a feature in the old forums that if you weren't interested in a sub forum (say Ladies Room) you could double click the page icon (where now there are the balloons) to the left of the sub forum title and it would mark it as read. I liked that ability a lot. If it can't be done I can deal with marking them read from inside the sub forum.

EMAIL MANIA!!

Good grief! To make it stop, go into your account, and Preferences. At the top you can turn off email notifications.
I just turned off every possible notification and don't know what the hell a push is so that is turned off everywhere too.

So far the only thing I like about this new format is the 'ignore' feature. If a progbot yaps away in a forest and we all have them on 'ignore' do they make a sound? :jet:

Last edited:
Not important to logged in users, but non-logged in users cannot click on and view picture attachments in a separate window. A message to log in is displayed.
Way back in the day, it was when a forum upgrade made it so you could only see "chit chat" if you were logged on that made me finally go from lurker to poster. Once I made an account there was no going back.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Way back in the day, it was when a forum upgrade made it so you could only see "chit chat" if you were logged on that made me finally go from lurker to poster. Once I made an account there was no going back.

Candygram! :jet:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
BTW, not sure if anyone mentioned it, but the little green avatar that appears over a user's Avatar at the bottom signifies that they are currently online.
I don't see that. 😕

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
EMAIL MANIA!!

:jameo:
I SAW THAT when I went into preferences yesterday. It defaults to all the notifications, it looks like. I unchecked most of them. :yay:

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
@David There used to be a feature in the old forums that if you weren't interested in a sub forum (say Ladies Room) you could double click the page icon (where now there are the balloons) to the left of the sub forum title and it would mark it as read. I liked that ability a lot. If it can't be done I can deal with marking them read from inside the sub forum.
Those type of how to use questions are probably best for @vraiblonde or other 3xpert users. I am more of the mechanic who keeps the race car running. You guys are the drivers who know how to make it go around the course as fast as possible. 😉