Welcome Back NHL

BuddyLee

Football addict
That was a brutal loss after being up 3-0 in the first. :mad: The Flyers do that against the Pens.

The silver lining is that it's nice to eliminate the usual "The officials favor the Penguins" bull#### right at the start of the playoffs.
Yeah, I was at work and was listening on the radio. When I heard the Pens go up 3-0 I turned the game off figuring it would be a blow-out. I come home to find them in overtime. Crazy game.

Peter Forsberg

That was a brutal loss after being up 3-0 in the first. :mad: The Flyers do that against the Pens.

The silver lining is that it's nice to eliminate the usual "The officials favor the Penguins" bull#### right at the start of the playoffs.
LOL... Nice defense Staal! Blame you're team for the collapse not the refs.

Baz

This. ------------------>
LOL... Nice defense Staal! Blame you're team for the collapse not the refs.

I'm not blaming the refs, the Penguins blew that game. The Penguins had plenty of opportunites to put that game away and didn't. Ill-timed defensive lapses led to way too many breakaways and odd-man chances, not just on Briere's first (offsides) goal.

Of course Philly gets major credit for hanging in there and taking advantage of their opportunities. Again. Hell, the way things have gone against the Flyers this season, I'd almost prefer them to get an early lead on the Penguins tomorrow night. :lol:

LordStanley

I know nothing
I'm not blaming the refs, the Penguins blew that game. The Penguins had plenty of opportunites to put that game away and didn't. Ill-timed defensive lapses led to way too many breakaways and odd-man chances, not just on Briere's first (offsides) goal.

Of course Philly gets major credit for hanging in there and taking advantage of their opportunities. Again. Hell, the way things have gone against the Flyers this season, I'd almost prefer them to get an early lead on the Penguins tomorrow night. :lol:

The refs blew 2 huge calls. Brieres OffSides and Girouxs "Bording" on Orpik.

But I have to say, the intensity the Pens came out with was hard to sustain the whole game. They lost that after the first period... Where as the Flyers finally got thier #### together and played smart hockey.

Just goes to show how good both these teams are! Its a shame that one will be knocked out so early in the playoffs

LordStanley

I know nothing
Did anyone else notice how fast Pierre McGuire and Mike Emrick jumped off the Pittsburg band wagon when philly tied up the game :lol:

Baz

The refs blew 2 huge calls. Brieres OffSides and Girouxs "Bording" on Orpik.

But I have to say, the intensity the Pens came out with was hard to sustain the whole game. They lost that after the first period... Where as the Flyers finally got thier #### together and played smart hockey.

Just goes to show how good both these teams are! Its a shame that one will be knocked out so early in the playoffs

I agree on all accounts. Even while enjoying the first period, I knew they wouldn't be able to keep that up, and also knew the Flyers would be much better in the 2nd. After Briere got the Flyers on the board, I 'knew" the Penguins better score the next goal, or things could unravel. That powerplay HAS to score in that situation, which it didn't.

But again, all credit to the Flyers for stealing that one. Luckily it was only game one. And yes, it's ridiculous that these two teams are meeting up in the first round. There's alot of serious conversation about changing that after this year.

Baz

Did anyone else notice how fast Pierre McGuire and Mike Emrick jumped off the Pittsburg band wagon when philly tied up the game :lol:

That's what that little turd (McGuire) does in every game he's on. He jumps between the bandwagons based on the scoreboard. And every game I'm hoping he'll take a puck to the mouth.

Odd thing is, when he's being interviewed on radio, he's actually an intelligent hockey analyst. It's just when he's down on the ice doing television where he turns into an irritating cheerleader, slurping up whoever's on a roll at the moment.

LordStanley

I know nothing
That's what that little turd (McGuire) does in every game he's on. He jumps between the bandwagons based on the scoreboard. And every game I'm hoping he'll take a puck to the mouth.

Odd thing is, when he's being interviewed on radio, he's actually an intelligent hockey analyst. It's just when he's down on the ice doing television where he turns into an irritating cheerleader, slurping up whoever's on a roll at the moment.

It does get annoying :buddies:

Sweet 16

^^8^^

It's only Game 1.....give it time.

Peter Forsberg

I agree on all accounts. Even while enjoying the first period, I knew they wouldn't be able to keep that up, and also knew the Flyers would be much better in the 2nd. After Briere got the Flyers on the board, I 'knew" the Penguins better score the next goal, or things could unravel. That powerplay HAS to score in that situation, which it didn't.

But again, all credit to the Flyers for stealing that one. Luckily it was only game one. And yes, it's ridiculous that these two teams are meeting up in the first round. There's alot of serious conversation about changing that after this year.
Isn't that what I said about these 2 teams playing this early but then again I know nothing about hockey.

Baz

Isn't that what I said about these 2 teams playing this early but then again I know nothing about hockey.

Your hockey knowledge gets lost behind the ignorant trolling posts you are fond of. If you want to be taken seriously maybe you should cut back on that.

Baz

Round 2

:boxing:

Sounds like Bylsma's addressing the powerplay. :yahoo: Pens realllllly want to win this one. Obviously.

LET'S GO PENS!!! :cheers: