Welcome Back NHL

Baz

This. ------------------>
Interesting turn of events...

Craig Adams has been suspended for one game and Penguins head coach Dan Bylsma has been fined $10,000 for Craigs instigator penalty at the end of the game.

Considering Crosby Started that fight and Adams jumped in, why wouldnt Crosby be fined as well?

Most likely because Crosby didn't start the fight. Sid and Hartnell were engaged, but they weren't fighting. Adams was the one who got the ball rolling.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Well, that wascertainly one of the most horrendous weekends of Penguins "hockey" I've seen in a very long time. Disgusting play topped off with that bull#### at the end of game 3.

This team was one of the best defensive teams all season with a great goaltender, neither of which decided to show up for the playoffs. It's as if they did a complete brain dump of what they've been doing al regular season. And I understand their frustration getting embarrassed by their biggest rivals, but c'mon. I know the Flyers aren't completely innocent victims in all of that, but the Penguins totally melted down and embarrassed themselves and the entire organization.

There's no way they're coming back in this series. The Flyers have owned them all year, and the Pens have completely lost their senses in this series. If they can manage to get one good game out of this series to prevent a sweep, fine. But I honestly won't be too upset to have the Flyers finish them off in 4 to put an swift end to this playoff embarrassment.

They could probably use the extra time this summer to get some emotional therapy.

:yeahthat:

Thanks for summing this all up. I was so disheartened by games 1 & 2 that I didn't even watch game 3. I think I'm glad that I missed it and it hurts to say that.

I've seen them pull out a 4 game win before but not this time. They'd need a miracle & I think God is not coming through on this one. Haven't decided if I'll watch game 4 or not yet.

Hell, between the Pens' current playing and the Steelers getting rid of Hines Ward, I think I'll just go back to doing girly sh*t like watching Lifetime movies (kill me now....)

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Peter Forsberg

Most likely because Crosby didn't start the fight. Sid and Hartnell were engaged, but they weren't fighting. Adams was the one who got the ball rolling.
Believe what you want. Crosby started the fight and Adams jumped in. Actually Crosby engaged Hartnell from behind and Hartnell started to fight back then Cindy's mom came to his rescue. (Adams)

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Typical Penguin bandwagon fan... Probably never even watched a regular season game...:razz:

You would be incorrect sweetie. I watch them every chance I can get down here (which isn't that often), I have their schedule on my Google calendar, a Fleury jersey & white-out t-shirt upstairs, hats in the cars, and when I really need a "Penguins fix", I go hang out with my Mom in western PA and we watch the games together on her big-screen TV.

:razz: back at ya!

:roflmao:

and PS -- I considered the possiblity that my watching might be jinxing them this year, and that's the main reason I didn't watch. I was hoping they would win it if I wasn't watching them. (We hockey fans are fairly superstitious you know...:lol:)

Last edited:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Hopefully the refs in the Bruins v. Caps series don't ref another future series in this years Stanley Cup Finals. Been inconsistent and downright horrid at times.

Hank

my war
Hopefully the refs in the Bruins v. Caps series don't ref another future series in this years Stanley Cup Finals. Been inconsistent and downright horrid at times.

In my opinion all the refs need a talkin' to..... I can't believe Torres of The Coyotes was not even penalized for leaving his feet plus a head shot! Ridiculous!

Peter Forsberg

Asham suspended for 4 games and Neal for 1....
Backstrom gets 1 game for crosscheck and Neal takes a run at 2 different players and he is a repeat offender.... he ony gets 1 game? Shanny is a joke. Let's see what Torres gets for taken a run at Hossa tonight.

Baz

Believe what you want. Crosby started the fight and Adams jumped in. Actually Crosby engaged Hartnell from behind and Hartnell started to fight back then Cindy's mom came to his rescue. (Adams)

Obviously you're wrong. Again.

Baz

Asham suspended for 4 games and Neal for 1....

That's about what I had figured. I think Asham got 4 just to ensure he was out for the length of this series.

While we've been focused on the Pens/Flyers series for obvious reasons, it's amazing just how much of this stuff is going on in other the other series as well. SuspensionFest 2012! :jameo:

Of course the biggest joke is how Weber got off with just a $2500 fine for intentionally slamming Zetterberg's head into the glass, repeatedly. If that isn't clear intent to injure, (while having nothing to do with making a hockey play), nothing is.

Baz

You stopped watching because the PENS were getting their @ss beat again. Was Cindy not face washing Hartnell from behind?

Face washing is not fighting.

Both Crosby and Hartnell got 2 for roughing for their antics. Then Adams came in and flung Hartnell around to fight him, which got Adams the instigator and misconduct, while both he and Hartnell got 5 for fighting.

Sweet 16

^^8^^

Not to mention allowing games to get so out of control. It's their job to make sure they get the call right and keep it under control and they can't even do that! They're also in the way a lot. Even Joe B. or Locker mentioned that the same official got in the way of the play multiple times during the last game. These guys are supposed to be professionals and they shouldn't have more impact on the outcome than the players do!

Last edited: