Well, the Kenny Woodburn case is over, sooooo

MMM_donuts

Stuff like this keeps me up at night. Her posts are full of hate and condescension but not common sense or even a quest for understanding. I hope she doesn't have children and now I'm worried about her pets. She lacks emotional maturity.

Hank

my war
My son is a crabber and so are many of my friends. So the bushels I get and cook are about as fresh as fresh gets...and there will still be 3,4..6 dead crabs in every one..crabs that I do not cook, of course. It's amazing how many people don't know something that basic about dealing with crabs. I can sure see how somebody who deals with the volume you do would accumulate a lot of dead crabs in any given week.

Awww come on dude. She gets her info from bluecrab.com..... Crabs live out of water for days! Especially in the Summer! :lmao:

Tito

Donkey Smell
Dammmmmnnnnnnnnn
Talk about inbred! I just flipped through her pics on that facebook thing.
:barf: Looks alittle dikey

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Smash the crabs up, put them into a container and freeze them. Chum logs. Put the frozen block into a mesh sack. When you anchor your boat, toss the sack over the side. Make sure you secure the end of the line before said toss. YW

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Smash the crabs up, put them into a container and freeze them. Chum logs. Put the frozen block into a mesh sack. When you anchor your boat, toss the sack over the side. Make sure you secure the end of the line before said toss. YW

I'm sure that Mel does a lot of sport fishing.

OK...maybe I'm not sure.

Hank

my war

That's exactly what Lance does to his first dates.

It has to be my imagination running overtime, but I could swear I smell dead crabs. Really. No Kidding.

frequentflier

happy to be living
My son is a crabber and so are many of my friends. So the bushels I get and cook are about as fresh as fresh gets...and there will still be 3,4..6 dead crabs in every one..crabs that I do not cook, of course. It's amazing how many people don't know something that basic about dealing with crabs. I can sure see how somebody who deals with the volume you do would accumulate a lot of dead crabs in any given week.

Well, that's the thing. If Mel buys crabs by the bushel to resell, the dead ones per bushel could add up quickly. My understanding is that they are kept refrigerated until taken by truck to the landfill. It would not be cost effective for a business to take unwanted and unsellable merchandise to the dump until they had a good load.

What was the person that took the picture trying to prove? Maybe they saw the disposal of dead crabs as being wasteful? I do hope that if it was a landfill employee, they are reprimanded. Does their job title include taking pictures with their cell phones; of people/businesses paying to dispose of their unwanted product and posting on Facebook?

I am sure it pains Mel, the small business owner, to take the financial loss of product. I am sure it sucks even more to be put on the spot like this and to have to justify disposing of product that has no retail value and/or that would be unsafe to consume.