Wellbutrin and Xanax

Any reviews on either of them? So far I just feel tired but not really relaxed. :boo:

I still feel like I'm ####ing crazy... but... whatever. :coffee: I guess it has only been 4 days.

SoMDGirl42

:jameo:

The doctor said the Wellbutrin would take 2-3 weeks to kick in... so he gave me the Xanax which is supposedly fast acting?

I just feel tired... I am not any less stressed. Oh, and i don't understand why people take the Xanax for recreational use... :confused: Maybe insomniacs?

Xanax is used to "relax" you. Don't ask me why they abuse it. Why do they abuse any drugs. :shrug: Hell, if I want to go to sleep that badly, I'll pop a couple of generic benedryls. :lol:

< cheap date

Xanax is used to "relax" you. Don't ask me why they abuse it. Why do they abuse any drugs. :shrug: Hell, if I want to go to sleep that badly, I'll pop a couple of generic benedryls. :lol:

< cheap date

That is what I have been doing for the past year. My doctor was all :nono: and said it was causing my migraines. :ohwell:

My problem is I stress all day about certain things... then I get in bed to go to sleep and can't sleep because I thought of something else to worry about.

I wake up in the middle of the night worried and determine 3AM is the best time in the world to try to find solutions to all these problems. :banghead:

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
:jet:

Holy shiat

Be careful. That's a good dose of Xanax.

Recommended dose to start is 0.25 or 0.5 mg to start 3x's a day. Different people tolerate it differently. One important thing is to not drink alcohol while you're taking it.

Never heard of taking both at the same time.

I've heard of taking them both. Welbutrin is more for depression (which is often linked with anxiety) and the xanax is mostly for anxiety.

Interestingly enough, Welbutrin can also assist people with stopping smoking.

Last edited:

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Didin't work for me.

Sorry to hear that. It was very successful with someone I know but then the insurance companies decided that they wouldn't cover it unless the official diagnosis was "depression" and the person I know didn't want to be saddled with that history so had to stop taking it.

Kind of stupid on the part of the insurers because now it's going to cost them mega-bucks to treat other health issues related to smoking on down the line but hey, God forbid medical insurance companies should do anything that makes sense for the patient.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
That is what I have been doing for the past year. My doctor was all :nono: and said it was causing my migraines. :ohwell:

My problem is I stress all day about certain things... then I get in bed to go to sleep and can't sleep because I thought of something else to worry about.

I wake up in the middle of the night worried and determine 3AM is the best time in the world to try to find solutions to all these problems. :banghead:

I mean this in all seriousness -- have you tried yoga? And I totally get where you're coming from (been there, done that). Yoga is helping me a lot. Seriously, try a short-term class (Calvert Parks & Rec does them & there might be something else close to you), just to see if it helps (in addition to the meds, not instead of right now).

I am still smoking. :ohwell:

It takes a bit more than 4 days to kick in. :huggy:

And I'll throw in some prayers for you and also send out some "positive energy of the universe" on your behalf. :lol: Hang in there, it will get better.

SoMDGirl42

And I'll throw in some prayers for you and also send out some "positive energy of the universe" on your behalf. :lol: Hang in there, it will get better.

My best friend suffers from depression and anexity attacks. She is on a anti-depressant and Xanax.

Wellbutrin didn't work for her, and I can't remember the name of the drug that finally worked. She did discover that .5 mg of xanax made her sleep all day. She now takes .25 in the am and .25 at night to help her sleep.

I mean this in all seriousness -- have you tried yoga? And I totally get where you're coming from (been there, done that). Yoga is helping me a lot. Seriously, try a short-term class (Calvert Parks & Rec does them & there might be something else close to you), just to see if it helps (in addition to the meds, not instead of right now).

Thanks for the input. I have a bulging disc and degeneration in my lower lumbar :yay: and I'm in physical therapy. Not sure I could handle Yoga at this point

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I have found that Xanax does wonders for me if I'm having a panic attack. I take half of a pill and I'm instantly calmed. I don't take Xanax often -- maybe once a month. It is habit forming so be careful. I do take daily medication to suppress my overall anxiety.

I have found that Xanax does wonders for me if I'm having a panic attack. I take half of a pill and I'm instantly calmed. I don't take Xanax often -- maybe once a month. It is habit forming so be careful. I do take daily medication to suppress my overall anxiety.

I hate taking that stuff, makes me feel too strange. However, the thing that works really well for me, of all things, is DayQuill. Two of those and I just mellow out.

"Oh, the car just died 100 miles from home? :smile: No problem..."

"Oh, my taxes just went up another $500? :smile: No problem..."

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Thanks for the input. I have a bulging disc and degeneration in my lower lumbar :yay: and I'm in physical therapy. Not sure I could handle Yoga at this point

Ouch! Obviously, check with your doctor & physical therapist first. There are always adaptations to the yoga positions that can be made for specific physical issues and a good yoga teacher will do this. Hospital Wellness programs may be able to suggest someone in your area.

It's not just the physical poses that one thinks of whenever somebody says yoga (and everyone thinks about twisting your body into a pretzel shape). The positions are actually only a small part of a yoga practice. Great emphasis is placed upon learning how to focus attention, how to breathe (yes, there are right ways and wrong ways), how to get to know the limits and appreciate the functioning of your body, and most importantly, learning how to focus your attention away from those pesky anxiety devil thoughts that attack us when we let them. It does a great deal to help to learn how to channel all that negativity away from our minds and learn how to substitute it with more positive things and teaching you how to relax.

I have been learning a lot about different types of yoga because I thought it was all pretzel-bending and never knew about all of the other stuff involved. I did not know that they do yoga with nursing home patients, that there is actually something called "laughter yoga" (youtube that one, it'll make you laugh!), and that there is even something for office workers called "desk yoga"! Who knew?

No matter what, I'm sending good thoughts your way and hoping that it doesn't take too long for you to hit on the right therapeutic dosage for you that will help. Those 3 AM anxiety attacks are the worst because everything always looks worse from 2 to 3 AM!! I had to make it a rule that I would never make any decisions based upon my 3 AM thoughts! :lmao:

Last edited: