We's camping now!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
28*, the power went out on the whole island last night so no heat, and the water pipes are frozen.

We went to bed last night figuring the power would be back on by the time we woke up but no joy. Now I have to go forage for coffee or there's going to be trouble....

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I was going say, surprised you don't have a generator on board, but after I thought about it... how often do you lose power at a campsite vs the cost/weight/maint of one.

Happy Foraging!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I was going say, surprised you don't have a generator on board, but after I thought about it... how often do you lose power at a campsite vs the cost/weight/maint of one.

Happy Foraging!

We never use it so Neal didn't get it serviced when it was in the shop last time. :doh: :lol:

Grumpy

Heard from my friend in Texas(Abilene) this morning, she has 14 inches of snow, 2 degrees and rolling blackouts. Her power shut down at 3am this morning and as of an hour ago, still no electric.. Not fun...

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Friend living NE of Dallas has no power and lots of snow on the ground. Said it is 6 degrees out, so he is warming himself in his vehicle outside. Another friend is in Arlington, TX, where it is 5 degrees, snow on the ground, with a wind chill of negative 15 degrees. 🥶

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Family in NW Arkansas get weather similar to TX, so I looked it up. I see -1 with a wind chill of -7. Texted my SIL, she sent me a screenshot of the weather at 7am Central time. -4 with a RealFeel of -23. Holy Carp..... :twitch:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Sister in Houston sent me a picture of her downed palm tree. She is NOT happy, but says the forecast calls for 68F by Sunday.

Grumpy

Family in NW Arkansas get weather similar to TX, so I looked it up. I see -1 with a wind chill of -7. Texted my SIL, she sent me a screenshot of the weather at 7am Central time. -4 with a RealFeel of -23. Holy Carp..... :twitch:
Listened to a radio station in Abilene (via that site that Yooper(?) posted the other day), tho they get winter weather there, they're not used to weather this cold and snowy. Obviously the Texas electric grid wasn't built for this.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Obviously the Texas electric grid wasn't built for this.

That, and the electric company wasn't prepared with a game plan. Here's all these people with no heat in 25* weather....yeah, not a good thing.

Just a few days ago we had the AC on.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Watching the news, they said Texas is instituting rolling blackouts everywhere because of high energy demands.

black dog

Free America
We never use it so Neal didn't get it serviced when it was in the shop last time. :doh: :lol:
Shoulda shacked up with a tattooed Marine, he would have kept you warm last night and you would have woke to the smell of strong coffee and bacon and eggs cooking on a campfire.
Just sayin.....

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
One of my GFs from high school lives in Lissie, TX, west of Houston. She thinks her above ground pool may be completely frozen.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Okay, so it's freezing cold - literally - and the power is out. Almost everyone is without heat. Do you think local officials have opened up warming centers for people to go to?

No. No they have not.

Guess why.

Seriously, guess.