We's camping now!

SamSpade

Anyway, now the cultbots are trying to say the wind turbines didn't fail, when there's pics of them at a standstill frozen solid with helicopters flying over them trying to de-ice them.

It does seem however that the bulk of the problem is not whether or not the windmills FAILED. They did - but they don't produce the overwhelming majority of the energy in Texas that natural gas does. From what I read, non-winterization of gas lines is the biggest culprit.

Second culprit would appear to be the way the entire state is wired - the grid itself.

This cold snap DOES however point out what we all ought to see - whether you want green energy or not - and that is that most green energy sources are at least now, not robust enough to withstand catastrophe. I mean, it DOESN'T MATTER if the failure of the windmills caused the blackouts - they STILL FAILED. It doesn't MATTER if the infrastructure is the problem - they STILL FAILED. If it had been there, the result WOULD HAVE BEEN WORSE had Texas gone full tilt windmill (pun intended).

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It does seem however that the bulk of the problem is not whether or not the windmills FAILED. They did - but they don't produce the overwhelming majority of the energy in Texas that natural gas does. From what I read, non-winterization of gas lines is the biggest culprit.

Second culprit would appear to be the way the entire state is wired - the grid itself.

This cold snap DOES however point out what we all ought to see - whether you want green energy or not - and that is that most green energy sources are at least now, not robust enough to withstand catastrophe. I mean, it DOESN'T MATTER if the failure of the windmills caused the blackouts - they STILL FAILED. It doesn't MATTER if the infrastructure is the problem - they STILL FAILED. If it had been there, the result WOULD HAVE BEEN WORSE had Texas gone full tilt windmill (pun intended).

See, that's the thing - green energy has to have a backup and that backup is either fossil fuels or nuclear energy, both of which the cultbots hate even though they don't know why or understand anything about it. Nobody cares about coal and gas for its own sake; we care about it because it does the job.

AP took time off from reporting the "news" to debunk some meme supposedly going around that says it's a helicopter de-icing turbines in Texas when it's really from Sweden. The bots take this to mean that the turbines in Texas were ripping along just fine like superheroes come to save the day, and that's false. In FACT there were helicopters trying desperately to de-ice the turbines in Texas and get them back in action, and there are numerous photos and reports of it. It's just that this particular pic that AP decided to cherry pick wasn't one of them.

And that's why these Leftist disinformation outlets are evil. While AP didn't outright lie, it did mislead and manipulate. They count on the bots not clicking on the story to read that in fact the turbines in Texas did fail hard and were a contributing factor in the outages.

But I console myself after watching the cultbots deal with adversity, knowing that all their little pet feel-good movements will end up literally destroying their lives. They'll beg government to save them, and government will laugh right in their faces because it created their distress to begin with.

SamSpade

See, that's the thing - green energy has to have a backup and that backup is either fossil fuels or nuclear energy, both of which the cultbots hate even though they don't know why or understand anything about it. Nobody cares about coal and gas for its own sake; we care about it because it does the job.

High school buddy of mine works in Big Pharm and I get a lot of information from him - and his daughter works for Big Oil as an engineer. Good direct sources of info.

One thing he brings up often is that the left really wants to shut down fossil fuels, but even though most of it IS actually used for fueling cars and planes and trains and power plants - a huge portion is used directly in manufacturing. He has a list of items that woud not exist at all without the oil industry.

That's why getting rid of the Keystone Pipeline was so stupid IF THE REASON was to wean off of fossil fuels. Getting rid of the pipeline did no such thing and in fact, probably endangers the environment MUCH WORSE. I could understand it if the rationale was to protect aquifers and avoid spills and such - but that wasn't the justification given by the progressives. Their reasoning was to fight the production of oil. Seriously. How monumentally stupid. Worse are the remarks from Uncle Joe and John Kerry - which has been, too bad get another job. I really wonder how they both would feel if they woke up one morning and their bank accouns were EMPTY and were deeply in debt - and someone said hey just get a better paying job.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The water is off again but the power is hanging in there.

Throughout this whole thing there has been no rioting or looting in this area. Not sure about Houston/Austin/etc but in RGV there is no unrest. Imagine if the power and water went out in Baltimore - the local talent would have that city destroyed within a few hours.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
The water is off again but the power is hanging in there.

Throughout this whole thing there has been no rioting or looting in this area. Not sure about Houston/Austin/etc but in RGV there is no unrest. Imagine if the power and water went out in Baltimore - the local talent would have that city destroyed within a few hours.
Saw this and thought immediately of that difference.

Bonnie Valdez posted a photo of cash all over the ground at a Texas gas station during the winter storm of 2021.

Customers reportedly left the cash behind after they took cases of water that were outside of the gas station. Many in Texas have been without power and water for a week now, so when necessities are available folks are taking advantage of the opportunity.

However, that did not stop some "customers". from paying for what they took. Valdez reports in the Facebook post below that she found over $600 in cash at the store after people took the cases of water outside the gas station.

By the looks of things in the photo below, customers must have slid dollar bills through the crack at the front doors before leaving with the water they needed.

In recent years we have seen others take what hey need after hurricanes to survive, but I can't recall anyone ever reporting that people actually left cash for what they took.

This says so much about the people of Texas and their honesty. Perhaps the rest of the world can learn from the story Bonnie Valdez shared on social media.

Texas Gas Station Workers Finds Hundreds of Dollars at Store (1079ishot.com)