Westboro Baptist in our neck of the woods

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Lawsuit against WBC

On March 10, 2006 WBC picketed the funeral of Lance Cpl. Matthew A. Snyder.[56][57][58] On June 5, 2006 the Snyder family sued[59] Fred Phelps, WBC, and unnamed others for defamation, invasion of privacy, and intentional infliction of emotional distress. On 31 October 2007, WBC, Fred Phelps and his two daughters, Shirley Phelps-Roper and Rebecca Phelps-Davis, were found liable for invasion of privacy and intentional infliction of emotional distress. A federal jury awarded Mr. Snyder $2.9 million in compensatory damages, then later added a decision to award $6 million in punitive damages for invasion of privacy and an additional $2 million for causing emotional distress (A total of $10,900,000). The organization said it wouldn't change its message because of the verdict.[60][61][62]

Westboro Baptist Church - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is why they are protesting this funeral. They lost this lawsuit in the State of Maryland, therefore all of Maryland is evil. If you go to their website and look at their protest schedule, they've been picketing the courthouse in Baltimore all week, this funeral just happened to fit their schedule. Which is probably why they aren't protesting the other funerals related to this crash, pure timing.

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch
This is why they are protesting this funeral. They lost this lawsuit in the State of Maryland, therefore all of Maryland is evil. If you go to their website and look at their protest schedule, they've been picketing the courthouse in Baltimore all week, this funeral just happened to fit their schedule. Which is probably why they aren't protesting the other funerals related to this crash, pure timing.

Makes me sick to my stomach to think about. Pure evil.

SoMDMama82

I was wondering why they said God hated Maryland. There are 2 other states which they mention on their schedule that God hates, so I'm guessing it's for the same reasons.

What a bunch of psycos!

SoMDGirl42

I'm not one to usually wish death upon someone, but wouldn't it be a damn shame if they all piled into one bus and it went off a cliff? :sarcasm:

God bless Tonya's family. There will be plenty of supports there in support of her. They will know that most people are very thankful for her ultimate sacrafice. RIP Tonya. Thank you!

Arista

I'll be perfectly honest and admit that I'm not one that's for gay rights, but that doesn't mean I'm going to protest about it to any degree. How they can call themselves members of a Baptist church I'll never know. These people must read the bible with selective reading habits, and it makes me sick.
They absolutely twist and warp the Bible's text to suit their purpose. Understand that the WBC is NOT affiliated with any Baptist conventions. They're an independent church who have decided to use the word "Baptist" in their title.

I was wondering why they chose the Medic's funeral and not the Retired Trooper or the Active Trooper's funeral. Or did I miss something. I would think they did this because they knew they'd probably get locked up at the officer's funerals with 1000 of cops there. What a bunch of sissy azzholes!
No rhyme or reason why they chose Ms. Mallard's funeral over the others. As I said, their actions are often illogical and without any real reason. They picketed the funerals of the Sago miners. How does that support their agenda?

The WBC is hypocritical, expressing an extreme hatred of Islam, but supporting "Muslim terrorists" as exacting God's revenge on America and Americans. They say the Bible says it's a sin to be racist, yet they routinely post racist messages on their website.

Having witnessed them in action several times, I've come to the conclusion that they just like to hear themselves talk and see themselves on TV. This is their way of getting their 15 minutes. Personally, I think they've overstayed their welcome.

Arista

Where there's a TV camera, they will twist things to suit their agenda.
Agreed. The point I was trying to make is that most of the time, the things they're picketing aren't really applicable to their platform so they skew it to make it relevant in their minds. They believe it's all connected. Overthinking it.

Dymphna

Agreed. The point I was trying to make is that most of the time, the things they're picketing aren't really applicable to their platform so they skew it to make it relevant in their minds. They believe it's all connected. Overthinking it.
The average protester/member may think it's all about them but I don't think the leaders are that dumb. I think they know exactly how to get attention and that is their one and only goal.

I mean how many other dinky little churches in the mid-west do people all over the country know the names of?

B

Blueyedmdgrl

Where there's a TV camera, they will twist things to suit their agenda.[/QUOTE]

We know there will be media there...will they show these people? or feature them in their story on Tanya's funeral?....I really hope not. Is there a way we can ask them to just focus on the reason we are there that day! This will be the 3rd funeral that I've attended that these animals have shown up. The others were military and God Bless Patriot Guard and those angel of men! who came and blocked the family from hearing any of the mess going on. All of this stuff makes me sick. God has an express lane to hell waiting for these people when they go up for their Judgement Day! I agree that they are reading parts of the bible and interpreting it for their own causes...or uses.

Arista

The average protester/member may think it's all about them but I don't think the leaders are that dumb. I think they know exactly how to get attention and that is their one and only goal.

I mean how many other dinky little churches in the mid-west do people all over the country know the names of?
Again, I agree.

bcp

In My Opinion
Where there's a TV camera, they will twist things to suit their agenda.

We know there will be media there...will they show these people? or feature them in their story on Tanya's funeral?....I really hope not. Is there a way we can ask them to just focus on the reason we are there that day! This will be the 3rd funeral that I've attended that these animals have shown up. The others were military and God Bless Patriot Guard and those angel of men! who came and blocked the family from hearing any of the mess going on. All of this stuff makes me sick. God has an express lane to hell waiting for these people when they go up for their Judgement Day! I agree that they are reading parts of the bible and interpreting it for their own causes...or uses.
you're asking that the media shows some class.

not gonna happen.

B

Blueyedmdgrl

you're asking that the media shows some class.

not gonna happen.

True. There are such things as Miracles...right?

I don't know....when did Respect! for those serving our country and our county go down the drain...these were Maryland's finest and bravest! We'll see come the weekend.

jlfree25

Steelers Fan 4-life
DOes anyone know how to get in touch with anyone int the Mallard Family to let them know about the Patriot Guard and how to invite them.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

But, geez, they are almost universally reviled. So, yeah, everyone knows the name of their church, but there's nothing positive about it. I think they're just all mentally ill - I can think of no other reason why they'd want to provoke the wrath of the masses.

Arista

But, geez, they are almost universally reviled. So, yeah, everyone knows the name of their church, but there's nothing positive about it. I think they're just all mentally ill - I can think of no other reason why they'd want to provoke the wrath of the masses.
I agree with this, as well. They're seriously cracked. They protested getting a college education under the pretense that going to college would make you gay. Logic is not their friend.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I agree with this, as well. They're seriously cracked. They protested getting a college education under the pretense that going to college would make you gay. Logic is not their friend.

Not to mention that several of their members are lawyers, and you don't get a law degree without going to college.

jlfree25

Steelers Fan 4-life
Not to mention that several of their members are lawyers, and you don't get a law degree without going to college.

Then it's settled they haven't come out of the closet yet with everyone so they are trying to hide the fact of being gay by protesting the good people.

jsouthan

Looks like they are planning on being at a second funeral as well:

10/04/200810:15 AM - 11:00 AMWhite Plains, MDSouth Patomac Church - Chopper Down, Dead MD Cop 4915 Crain Hwy What's better than one dead MD chopper copper? THREE! Yea baby. We will certainly take advantage of our trip to MD this weekend to remind you each one that GOD HATES YOU!...

I deleted the Scripture reference that they continued on with because I think it is completely warped and twisted the way they are using God's Word as a weapon in their sick game. There is no way that anything they are doing is in any way in line with what God would have them do.

I have never been to South Potomac Church, but we used to attend SouthPoint Church, which was a plant-church of South Potomac, before we moved. I am sure it is very much the same and they will do everything they can to make sure the family is taken care of on this day. God Bless all of the families involved and may you make it through these tough days without being dragged down by idiots like this.

Dymphna

Looks like they are planning on being at a second funeral as well:

10/04/200810:15 AM - 11:00 AMWhite Plains, MDSouth Patomac Church - Chopper Down, Dead MD Cop 4915 Crain Hwy What's better than one dead MD chopper copper? THREE! Yea baby. We will certainly take advantage of our trip to MD this weekend to remind you each one that GOD HATES YOU!...

I deleted the Scripture reference that they continued on with because I think it is completely warped and twisted the way they are using God's Word as a weapon in their sick game. There is no way that anything they are doing is in any way in line with what God would have them do.

I have never been to South Potomac Church, but we used to attend SouthPoint Church, which was a plant-church of South Potomac, before we moved. I am sure it is very much the same and they will do everything they can to make sure the family is taken care of on this day. God Bless all of the families involved and may you make it through these tough days without being dragged down by idiots like this.
they just added that one, it wasn't there a couple of hours ago.