What am I missing about this???

Hijinx

Maybe I am nuts. I believe the Chinese invented this virus in their bio-weapons lab and it got loose.
They really do not know hoow serious it is so they are panicing, because it is killing people in their country which it was not intended for.
If it is loose and causes real problems all over the world it could bring down hell for them.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
I'm thinking most of the stock market dip was/is due to supply chain issues. Now that the initial panicking is over and businesses start to find works-around my sense is that the markets will recover fairly quickly.

Coronavirus deaths will be concentrated on the elderly and those with preexisting conditions/comorbidities (as others have noted). My bet is that the "death rate" will even out to reflect a rate very similar to other flu bugs.

The big loser in all of this is China. This might be a stake in the heart of its economy (tariffs were already causing it a real level of "hurt"). And while nations who use China as a supplier will "hurt" for a bit this could turn out to be a winner in the long-term from realizing the dangers of sole-sourcing and sole-sourcing from a nation such as China.

Time for us to stop our addiction to China's economic crack and seek out other, better, healthier alternatives.

--- End of line (MCP)

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
How did I morph into @kwillia? :p

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited: