What do I do with all this food?

Cowgirl

Chasey_Lane said:
I do that almost every time I go to the grocery store. When something runs out, I make a note of it on some cute magnetic note pad that I have on the fridge. But when you bring a husband and two girls with you, they all want this and that, which is never on the list. I am a nice mommy and I always say yes no matter what. :smile: :lol:

Tell them the only input they get is helping you think of meals. :yay: And don't be so nice! :lol:

Chasey_Lane said:
But when you bring a husband and two girls with you, they all want this and that, which is never on the list.
Simple solution. Don't take them with you. 9 times out of 10, I stay home with the kids and the wife goes and does the shopping by herself.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
When we cleaned out my mom's items from her house, we discovered 27 - yes 47!!! - large bottles of Palmolive dish detergent, and - I kid you not - 14 containers of the 90-wash Tide clothes detergent. And this is just a very small example of her buying habits.

The woman lived alone! :jameo: What in the world did she need with all that stuff?

At least I come by my hoarding tendencies honestly. :blushing:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
huntr1 said:
Simple solution. Don't take them with you. 9 times out of 10, I stay home with the kids and the wife goes and does the shopping by herself.
I already stated them going with me doesn't bother me really. I'm mean enough to tell them no if I don't want them to have something. :lol:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
BadGirl said:
When we cleaned out my mom's items from her house, we discovered 27 - yes 47!!! - large bottles of Palmolive dish detergent, and - I kid you not - 14 containers of the 90-wash Tide clothes detergent. And this is just a very small example of her buying habits.

The woman lived alone! :jameo: What in the world did she need with all that stuff?

Holy crap! I guess she stocked up whenever there was a sale, huh? :lol:

Cowgirl

BadGirl said:

:confused: Did she have 27 or 47 bottles of Palmolive? :lmao:

Cowgirl

Chasey_Lane said:
I already stated them going with me doesn't bother me really. I'm mean enough to tell them no if I don't want them to have something. :lol:

Maybe let hubby do the shopping. :shrug:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Chasey_Lane said:
You said you take a list with you, but end up buying things that aren't on the list, which leads to too much food in the cabinets, which is what your original issue was. Right? :confused:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Nickel said:
You said you take a list with you, but end up buying things that aren't on the list, which leads to too much food in the cabinets, which is what your original issue was. Right? :confused:
I don't mind snacks (which is what the girls and hubby purchase extra). I'm talking about actual stuff that I can use for meals, but don't have enough of. Such as the salmon, chicken fingers, hot dogs, etc.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Chasey_Lane said:
I don't mind snacks (which is what the girls and hubby purchase extra). I'm talking about actual stuff that I can use for meals, but don't have enough of. Such as the salmon, chicken fingers, hot dogs, etc.
So buy some more salmon, chicken fingers, and hot dogs to add to the stuff you have so you can make a meal. :shrug: When I only have one piece of chicken, I add chicken to my list and (presto!) I buy more chicken the next time I go shopping.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Christy said:
How about a hot dog, salmon casserole? Or chicken fingers with a salmon dip? :shrug:
Please delete this before Dustin sees it and asks me to make it for dinner. :buttkick:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Chasey_Lane said:
one salmon filet
2 packages of hot dogs
3 small fish filets
a handfull of chicken tenders
1/2 bag of potstickers
pretzels
a ton of waffles
sherbert
Texas Toast
2 pork loins
flour
bag of ice
cheapie boxed meals.
canned vegetables (corn and peas)
rice
BBQ sauce
vienna sausages
packets of marinade
popcorn
canned fruit (including those apple thingy's)
taco shells
chicken & dumpling stuff
tuna fish

Anyone have a meal idea?
Pitch the items in red.

Marinade a pork loin, cook until very tender, then shred and toss with BBQ sauce. Make shredded pork tacos and serve with Mexi-corn (canned corn with diced red and green peppers).

Get some chicken breasts and make:
Rice and gravy
Creamed chicken and peas over waffles (this sounds disgusting but is DELICIOUS!)

Make tuna salad sandwiches on Texas toast. Or if it's the plain kind, make French toast out of it.

Get pudding and add canned fruit to it for dessert parfaits. (Get the girls to do this because it will be fun for them).

Combine thawed salmon and fish filets, cut into chunks and stirfry them, glaze with teriyaki and serve over rice.

Man, you've got all kinds of food!

Cowgirl

Chasey_Lane said:
See, I knew somebody would have some ideas! :love:

:confused: So, you just wanted recipes? I thought you wanted to know how to quit buying food you didn't use?