What, no Friday Night enthusiasm yet?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I'm in for wherever as long as I'm feeling up to it & FH gets off work in time. Today's my first day back to work & I'm a little tired out so I don't think I'll be up to driving all that way or being out late.

Toxick

Splat
..and we'd love to meet ya! :yay:

But Potomac is waaaay up there for happy hour. What time do you get down the road? When we're in Northern Calvert we'd be on your commute home & often we are out until at least 9.

I was actually being a smartass trying to be funny - I do not expect these social gatherings to actually occur near or around Montgomery County - It just seems that since I've started wanting to show up at one, they seem to get farther and farther out of my way. A few months ago, the get-togethers seemed to be in CJ's Back Room or White Sands - but now they seem to happen in Chesapeake Beach, Edgewater or BFE.

If they ever start happening around the Solomons/Lusby area again, I'll pop in.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
I don't think Mangoes is worth a three-peat...
Man your flashlights!! :war:
I do not expect these social gatherings to actually occur near or around Montgomery County - It just seems that since I've started wanting to show up at one, they seem to get farther and farther out of my way. A few months ago, the get-togethers seemed to be in CJ's Back Room or White Sands - but now they seem to happen in Chesapeake Beach, Edgewater or BFE. If they ever start happening around the Solomons/Lusby area again, I'll pop in.
What is the big deal about driving to these events? None of us gets drunk and most times we leave by 10. It would be different if we all rode horses...:shrug:

Bann

PREMO Member
I was actually being a smartass trying to be funny - I do not expect these social gatherings to actually occur near or around Montgomery County - It just seems that since I've started wanting to show up at one, they seem to get farther and farther out of my way. A few months ago, the get-togethers seemed to be in CJ's Back Room or White Sands - but now they seem to happen in Chesapeake Beach, Edgewater or BFE.

If they ever start happening around the Solomons/Lusby area again, I'll pop in.

We move the venues to accommodate the larger group that was showing up. Also because we wanted to be outside near the water during the summer months. So we started looking for new places near or on the water.

BLUIGAL

Hey.....how is coconut joe's ? Food good or bad? Is it in Edgewater?......I am meeting friends there Saturday night, never have been there before, would appreciate any info you can give, thanks much.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
And I'll be there with rings on my fingers and bells on my toes :dye:
:yikes: Say it ain't so...
Hey.....how is coconut joe's ? Food good or bad? Is it in Edgewater?......I am meeting friends there Saturday night, never have been there before, would appreciate any info you can give, thanks much.
I gave directions from southern MD in post 26. It's at the end of a small access road just before the South River bridge. When you see Kalas funeral home on the right, look for that access road and turn onto it. The restaurant is at the end of it. If you cross the bridge, you've missed it.

I like the place and I'm not sure if anyone here has given it a bad review. I had lunch there recently on a Saturday and it was great.

bcp

In My Opinion
I should be able to be there by 6 with the skillet. the other half might be with me at that time or show up a little later.

Bann

PREMO Member
After my Friday commute I'd be a bigger buzzkill than Buzz Killington.

Actually, you wouldn't. That's because we're so dang much fun it's impossible to be a buzzkiller around us. :getdown:

Bann

PREMO Member
And FYI:

The menu (which looks very good & pretty reasonable) says no split checks and 18% Gratuity for tables of 6 or more. (their scanned menu comes out blurry on my computer screen, it may say 16%)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And FYI:

The menu (which looks very good & pretty reasonable) says no split checks and 18% Gratuity for tables of 6 or more. (their scanned menu comes out blurry on my computer screen, it may say 16%)

I usually give 20% and bring cash to these things for just such an emergency, so no worries here!

nobody really

I need a nap
how do i recognize you guys?

i'll be there at probably a tad after five. how do i recognize people? just check in as "so md forums group?" whoever gets there first? then i can just ask the hostess....

bulldog

i'll be there at probably a tad after five. how do i recognize people? just check in as "so md forums group?" whoever gets there first? then i can just ask the hostess....

Vrai will spot you as you search for them. Part of their fun is watching as you seach them out. First one I went to, I walked around looking for...I'm not sure who/what when Vrai finally said, "I'll bet you're looking for us".
They had a table tent out that said something like SOMD Fun Group so pay attention to the tables.

You could also look for a group of servers standing in the corner, whispering and pointing to a particular dude. That'll be Italian's table and they'll be talking about him being a stalker. :killingme

Ya'll have fun.