what song are you listening to?

acommondisaster

Does anyone here listen to Saturday Morning Update on WMAL? The bumper music is driving me crazy - for about 8 months now they've played a song around 7am that for the life of me, I can't figure out what it is. It's making my life a mess not knowing. It's just a guitar riff.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This morning in the shop Nickleback and Kid Rock are playing, So Dr Larry what does that say?

It says you're defensive, insecure and probably had a bad experience with an older sibling making fun of you. Perhaps recently? :evil:

I happen to LOVE Ernest Tubbs as he's a dude after my own heart; can't sing a note and did it anyway. I'm actually making decent progress and CAN hold a tune in a bucket. :diva: If you knew me, that alone would impress the hell out of you. Sorta like Lurch being able to claim a respectable Samba.

Nickleback is a guilty pleasure as well as Kid Rock. Though I can't claim to ever have had them show up and play IN my shop!!! Well done! :lol:

black dog

Free America
It says you're defensive, insecure and probably had a bad experience with an older sibling making fun of you. Perhaps recently? :evil:

I happen to LOVE Ernest Tubbs as he's a dude after my own heart; can't sing a note and did it anyway. I'm actually making decent progress and CAN hold a tune in a bucket. :diva: If you knew me, that alone would impress the hell out of you. Sorta like Lurch being able to claim a respectable Samba.

Nickleback is a guilty pleasure as well as Kid Rock. Though I can't claim to ever have had them show up and play IN my shop!!! Well done! :lol:

Nope, your 9th grade psychology is poor, only have one older sibling and we haven't spoken in over a decade.
More like I grew up with a Mom from Page, WV. With constant twangy mountain and old country music playing. Going to Jamboree in the Hills every summer to see cousins from Tennessee and Mississippi, namely Jimmy Martin and family.
A father that listened to rock from the 60's and 70's.
I'm very diverse in what I listen too.

black dog

Free America
See? I knew it!!! And that's 5th grade. :drama:

:buddies:

I would have LOVED to have been at any of those shows!!! Oh, the stories you must have!!!

LOL.. Jimmy was not a really nice guy, he was loud and proud and didn't do much for his kids. He wasn't a good father. But he was what he was, a foul mouthed musician, and that part I liked. His daughter Lisa and I speak often, I stay with her when I hit the Nashville area. I listen to his music often. The last time I saw Jimmy was at one of my Gmothers funerals in 2002? A few years before he died.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
LOL.. Jimmy was not a really nice guy, he was loud and proud and didn't do much for his kids. He wasn't a good father. But he was what he was, a foul mouthed musician, and that part I liked. His daughter Lisa and I speak often, I stay with her when I hit the Nashville area. I listen to his music often. The last time I saw Jimmy was at one of my Gmothers funerals in 2002? A few years before he died.

OK, I'm buying! :popcorn:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
[video=youtube;W7mNmiW9qts]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7mNmiW9qts&list=PLXatjNWMk15A6uveXHXJtpWZxIbXnF_hr&index=2[/video]

black dog

Free America
I just put away a old Root Boy Slim album we were listening to last night that I bought at the " Bayou " in the early eighty's.