What's a 'hen' in here?

justin anemone said:
You know why chickens are always so grumpy?

'Cause they always have to walk around with their peckers on their faces!

Thanks! I'll be here all week! Tip your waiters!! Try the veal!!!
Try the veal :Yay:

Why did the chicken cross the road...

Snoop Dogg 's Answer:
This (censored) fool of a chicken didn't (censored) know
what the (censored) he was doin crossin a (censored) alley in (censored) Harlem at 1:00 in the (censored) mornin'.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pete Rose 's Answer:
I don't know, but I swear I didn't bet on it.
[/font]

R.I.P Johnny C.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Johnny Cochran 's Answer:
Because the road was black and the chicken was white. We must acquit.
[/font]

Christy

b*tch rocket
elaine said:
One must embrace a thing for what it is.
Precisely. :diva: I am an original "hen" :lol:. I adore the title of "hen" and the fear it generates :lol:. I've never minded being "labeled". I yam who I yam. :shrug: Besides, being a hen keeps away the riff raff and I can more easily pick and choose who I feel I wish to associate with. :jet:

MLE

flibberdejibbit
Kizzy said:
I use to work in the courthouse, and they had a group of girls they called hens. It was because they gossip endlessly, always cackling, complaining or b#t#hing about something or someone, showed very little compassion to others unless it was a way to get closer to them to find out something to take back and gossip about. If they got upset/angry/peeved/whatever at somebody in their little click they would all pal up to one side and pluck the other person to death, almost as if they enjoyed watching them suffer in pain. Of course, they always had "some" target to torture.

The irony is they always denied their behavior, but others saw it, caught on to the game after awhile. They had their group, and they didn't extend beyond that. And, the group were the ones who had been there for years.

I was friendly to them, saw the head games, decided they were people I did not want to be close to or have any involvement with, because they seemed to lack the true meaning of being someone's friend.

After awhile, I became desensitized to the chatter. It started to sound like standing outside a hen house, just noise.

That was the only time I’ve heard the terminology until I came here to the board. Personally, I would find it insulting to be called a hen.

"pick a little, talk a little, pick a little, talk a little, pick pick pick, talk a lot, talk a little..." Music Man

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
MLE said:
"pick a little, talk a little, pick a little, talk a little, pick pick pick, talk a lot, talk a little..." Music Man
What's funny is that nobody would be talking until the threads and PMs started - then we'd be talking. :lmao:

K

Kizzy

vraiblonde said:
What's funny is that nobody would be talking until the threads and PMs started - then we'd be talking. :lmao:

My courthouse experience is a true story, and it wasn't meant to be a stab at the hens on this board. Several took it that way and even a few hens perceived it that way. That is thought provoking, and I’ll leave it at that.

I think when PM's start flying that is a way to solve things at the lowest level possible, before it escalates. I don't find a problem with that at all. It is the way it should be handled.

Last edited by a moderator:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Kizzy said:
Several took it that way and even a few hens perceived it that way.

Really?

Have I been kicked out of the hen club? Because I haven't gotten the memo.

K

Kizzy

elaine said:
Really?

Have I been kicked out of the hen club? Because I haven't gotten the memo.

"a few"

Guess if you are not getting your memo's, you better fire your secretary. :confused: If you have one. :shrug:

Or you didn't take it that way, which is good.

Last edited by a moderator:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Kizzy said:
Several took it that way and even a few hens perceived it that way.
They did? I must not have gotten that memo, either. :ohwell:

CC started calling us the "hens" for that very reason - she thought we were in a private forum gossiping about her. We weren't, but then she'd start a thread or send PMs about this supposed gossip-fest. Of course, once that happened, we WOULD start talking about her. So it was a self-fulfilling prophecy.

It appears to me, Miz Kiz, that you're her heir apparent.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
vraiblonde said:
They did? I must not have gotten that memo, either. :ohwell:

CC started calling us the "hens" for that very reason - she thought we were in a private forum gossiping about her. We weren't, but then she'd start a thread or send PMs about this supposed gossip-fest. Of course, once that happened, we WOULD start talking about her. So it was a self-fulfilling prophecy.

It appears to me, Miz Kiz, that you're her heir apparent.
Don't drag me into ya'lls b!tchfest here. :nono:

Go back and read what I posted in Elaine's thread about calling a couple of ya'll hens and quit assuming crap ... makes ya look paranoid.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
crabcake said:
Don't drag me into ya'lls b!tchfest here.
You're like Beetlejuice - say your name and you appear. :lmao:

I wasn't trying to drag you into anything and I didn't think this was really a b!tchfest. But you DID start calling us the "hens" and it WAS because you thought we were gossiping about you - I have the PMs to prove it.

But that's beside the point. That happened a couple of years ago and I don't think anyone cares anymore. I was merely pointing out to Kizzy that her office story wasn't simply a nonsequiter on her part - it was relevant to the discussion at hand, even though she's trying to backpedal now.

I'm not assuming anything nor am I paranoid. But this is America and, if you want to think I am, go for it :yay:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
vraiblonde said:
You're like Beetlejuice - say your name and you appear. :lmao:

I wasn't trying to drag you into anything and I didn't think this was really a b!tchfest. But you DID start calling us the "hens" and it WAS because you thought we were gossiping about you - I have the PMs to prove it.
My ears were burning. :biggrin:

Do ya'll really save PMs from crap that happened months/years ago? It's no wonder this crap keeps getting drudged up every so often. Thanks for the free rent! :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
crabcake said:
Do ya'll really save PMs from crap that happened months/years ago? It's no wonder this crap keeps getting drudged up every so often. Thanks for the free rent! :yay:
You're welcome. I don't know about the "ya'll" part but I save almost everything that might make a good chapter for my book. I'll give you a fake name, of course, so you can't sue me. :biggrin:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
About now, I realize the folly in bringing this up in a thread. Next dummy question I have will be via PM - I'm SORRY I caused all this!!