What's for dinner?

frequentflier

happy to be living
A friend gave me fresh beets and I roasted some and let them cool. Added scallions, mandarin oranges, chopped walnuts, feta cheese and balsamic vinegar. The salad was delicious!
This morning I took the greens and sautéed some garlic and onion and used some balsamic vinegar and water and cooked them for awhile. That was my lunch today. Again, quite delicious!
Fortunately, it was a huge bunch and I have more. In my next "salad," I might try some fresh ginger. There is still a little left and that will be dinner tonight!

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Made Ramen for me with beef stock, pre-cooked hamburger meat, mushrooms, onions and celery.
Made Pastina soup for the Mrs. with diced, cooked chicken, some Bell's poultry seasoning and grated Italian 3-cheese mix on top.
Pastina are the tiny egg pasta stars. Edit: I did use chicken stock for her soup.

Last edited:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Where didja catch 'em, prch? And don't tell me "in da river".
Same place we always go, Bluff Woods betw Canoe Neck Creek and St Clements Bay. Inside the crab pots staying betw the rock revetments. There's only about 4-6 feet of water, but it's wide open sand flats. Don't tell anyone.

Also caught 2 "pan size" rockfish 15-18". Loads of fun on an ultralite outfit w/ 4lb test. Released the rockfish unharmed.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Same place we always go, Bluff Woods betw Canoe Neck Creek and St Clements Bay. Inside the crab pots staying betw the rock revetments. There's only about 4-6 feet of water, but it's wide open sand flats. Don't tell anyone.

Also caught 2 "pan size" rockfish 15-18". Loads of fun on an ultralite outfit w/ 4lb test. Released the rockfish unharmed.
I'll mark the thread for you.

red_stencil_top_secret_label-r95b5f765470642f5a795c4053d967516_v113i_8byvr_540.webp

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Good thing I know egg zachary the spot you are talking about. Might head over there next time I'm up to St. Catherine's. I sure haven't been doing much up the Wicomico last couple times out.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Went to the produce auction today. Green beans, golden beets, Cherokee tomatoes.

Ham steaks from the half hog we bought in the spring from a local farmer. Rice, well, it's rice. And fresh Sweet Tea. Yeah, summer!
0614231817~2.jpg

Also picked up zucchini and chinese cabbage, tomorrow's dinner, and I'll make some zucchini bread.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We went to the beach today and then for grilled shrimp at Off the Hook. After that we went in the pool, then Monello made pork and bean soup.