What's for dinner?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Maybe leave it on next time - might improve the flavor. FWIW I can't stand their pizza. Tried a lot of them, thinking, the price is great.
This coming from a guy who sometimes eats store brand frozen.
I'm not a fan of frozen pizza at all, but I keep trying in hopes of finding a good one. I did find a deep dish frozen that is really good, the flavors pop, very good pie, but locally only at Aldi and only once every few months. Gino's East of Chicago. I buy a bunch when I do see them.

SamSpade

Did you take off the plastic wrap? Maybe you shouldn't have. :whistle:
Probably would have added SOME flavor - the problem with most prefab pizzas is, they have zero flavor.

When the kids were small, we would make pizzas by buying the cheapest store pizzas - and adding EVERYTHING to it.

SamSpade

I'm not a fan of frozen pizza at all, but I keep trying in hopes of finding a good one. I did find a deep dish frozen that is really good, the flavors pop, very good pie, but locally only at Aldi and only once every few months. Gino's East of Chicago. I buy a bunch when I do see them.
Ah - I am only referring to the ones JUST inside the door, across from the produce - and they're just chilled, not frozen.
I think they're called "Mamma (something)" - and they are awful. But - because what I said before - no flavor at all.

MANY YEARS ago, I delivered pizza for a startup in Massachusetts. Their "secret" was - they would experiment from time to time with different cheese mixes and offer discounts for customers to comment on the different ones they tried.

Ditto the dough - they'd add seasonings - take them out - maybe add sugar - until they found winning combinations.

Prefab pizzas' cheese and dough have no flavor at all.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Ah - I am only referring to the ones JUST inside the door, across from the produce - and they're just chilled, not frozen.
Yeah, tried those. Not impressed.

Kwillia recommended the pizzas from Bradford's, but I rarely get up that way. Maybe I'll do that today.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I think they're called "Mamma (something)" - and they are awful. But - because what I said before - no flavor at all.

MANY YEARS ago, I delivered pizza for a startup in Massachusetts. Their "secret" was - they would experiment from time to time with different cheese mixes and offer discounts for customers to comment on the different ones they tried.

Ditto the dough - they'd add seasonings - take them out - maybe add sugar - until they found winning combinations.

Prefab pizzas' cheese and dough have no flavor at all.
Mamma Cozzi. Blick.
Yeah, tried those. Not impressed.

Kwillia recommended the pizzas from Bradford's, but I rarely get up that way. Maybe I'll do that today.
When I pop in, they look as though they have been sitting under the heating lamps for a long time. Harris Teeter has some pretty good fresh pizza. I always forget about that.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
When I pop in, they look as though they have been sitting under the heating lamps for a long time. Harris Teeter has some pretty good fresh pizza. I always forget about that.
Just got back from Bradfords. The only pizza they had (beside the usual frozen name brands) appears to be made to order or hot slices. So I didn't try it.

I did get a couple of bottles of wine and some ground sirloin while I was there.

SamSpade

Ok, got a question - can you think of a dinner dish that pretty much tastes BETTER after it is refrigerated and reheated?

The only thing that quickly comes to mind is lasagna, which always tastes better once the layers have congealed and solidified.

Anything? Meatloaf? Noodle salad?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Ok, got a question - can you think of a dinner dish that pretty much tastes BETTER after it is refrigerated and reheated?

The only thing that quickly comes to mind is lasagna, which always tastes better once the layers have congealed and solidified.

Anything? Meatloaf? Noodle salad?
Spaghetti. Chili.

Reactions: rio