What's for dinner?

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I'm headed to the grocery, try to find an oven stuffer chicken. So good done on the grill.

Have fresh cucs, green beans, baby potatoes. Had C-O-C yesterday, cut leftovers off the cob and will fry with onion, green pepper, and celery.

Might grab a watermelon from grocery, because YUM!

Eating good in the hood tonight!

Reactions: rio

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm headed to Fresh Market - I find that if I spend the money for quality produce and meat I actually eat it. Also their roast chickens are a couple bucks more than at Publix, but it's a nice plump meaty chicken instead of a sad little scrawny one. Anyway, they do fresh fired pizzas now and "say" that they beat out a national chain in a blind taste test.

That chain was Domino's :lol:

So even though the FM pizza probably isn't going to be a superstar, I'm going to get one anyway.

Reactions: rio

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So even though the FM pizza probably isn't going to be a superstar, I'm going to get one anyway.

So 61% of taste testers preferred the FM pizza, which means 39% preferred Dominos.

Meaning that 39% of the taste testers are freaking idiots who need to be banned from pizza for life.

This is an excellent pie. Cheesy, crispy pepperoni, the sauce is perfect, and the crust is amazing. And stayed that way even after it sat in my car for an hour. It's not even in the same food category as a Dominos pizza.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
It's not even in the same food category as a Dominos pizza.
Well duh...the three food groups being kegs, bottles and cans.

I'm going to make some pulled pork bbq from the leftovers from last week's pig roast. There were tons of awesome leftover food/deserts from that Saturday event (celebration of ashes for my son) and my sorry butt had to bugger off to San Diego at o-dark-thirty Monday morning and all the good stuff except the leftover pig was long gone by the time I got back.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
0630241620~3.jpg

NOTSMC

Crab and shrimp pasta. First time I've ever boiled the shrimp in beer. Man were they good! Fresh peach pie that I mistakenly air fried. Must have been good - Lee kept half of it and my son took the rest.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well duh...the three food groups being kegs, bottles and cans.

I'm going to make some pulled pork bbq from the leftovers from last week's pig roast. There were tons of awesome leftover food/deserts from that Saturday event (celebration of ashes for my son) and my sorry butt had to bugger off to San Diego at o-dark-thirty Monday morning and all the good stuff except the leftover pig was long gone by the time I got back.

There's a crappy cinder block of a low rent grocery store in the bowels of Panama City FL that makes the most amazing smoked meats. I picked up a couple pounds of butt and some brisket.