What's for dinner?

PJay

Justin Bieber Food GIF

salad and garlic bread :yum:

Strawberry pie for dessert

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Leftover stuffed zuke.

The stuffing was an experiment that worked out so well I've used it on spaghetti and just on the side.
Brown 1 lb. ground sage sausage. Add a can of diced fire-roaster tomatoes. Add a cup of tomato sauce. Grill some peppers, add to the mix (the tri-colored blend in the freezer section works well). Add sliced not diced onion. Use as stuffing or sauce. If sauce, cook it down a bit until the onion is soft. Going to use this for a lasagna.

Oh yeah... salt, onion, garlic powder and oregano to taste.

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Leftover stuffed zuke.

The stuffing was an experiment that worked out so well I've used it on spaghetti and just on the side.
Brown 1 lb. ground sage sausage. Add a can of diced fire-roaster tomatoes. Add a cup of tomato sauce. Grill some peppers, add to the mix (the tri-colored blend in the freezer section works well). Add sliced not diced onion. Use as stuffing or sauce. If sauce, cook it down a bit until the onion is soft. Going to use this for a lasagna.

Oh yeah... salt, onion, garlic powder and oregano to taste.
My neighbors have an ample garden this year. They have shared zucchini, yellow squash and tomatoes, so far.

SamSpade

I'm going to make some pulled pork bbq from the leftovers from last week's pig roast.
Is there a way to make pulled pork so that it DOESN'T taste like a BBQ sauce sandwich?

Asking because I'm always having to navigate through my family's food preferences -and one member hates really sweet dinners. Doesn't care for spaghetti or anything with a sweet marinara sauce - doesn't like BBQ sauce - and so forth. Can't say I'm totally on board with it as well - at Chinese buffets, I tend to steer clear of the entrees that are very sweet.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Is there a way to make pulled pork so that it DOESN'T taste like a BBQ sauce sandwich?

Asking because I'm always having to navigate through my family's food preferences -and one member hates really sweet dinners. Doesn't care for spaghetti or anything with a sweet marinara sauce - doesn't like BBQ sauce - and so forth. Can't say I'm totally on board with it as well - at Chinese buffets, I tend to steer clear of the entrees that are very sweet.
Sure..."North Carolina style".

SamSpade

Sure..."North Carolina style".
Is that the more - vinegar-y sauce? I was hoping for - well - OTHER alternatives. We have a LOT of pork butt in the big freezer, and aside from pulled pork and just cooking or smoking it like a regular pork roast, I was hoping for others.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Is that the more - vinegar-y sauce? I was hoping for - well - OTHER alternatives. We have a LOT of pork butt in the big freezer, and aside from pulled pork and just cooking or smoking it like a regular pork roast, I was hoping for others.
Well..there's "Korean Style"....usually very thinly sliced pork, not pulled/shredded but I can't see why it wouldn't work with either.

SamSpade

Isnt' that the style where you make BBQ scent saturate the air, get everyone all worked up and when they approach the counter, tell them "We're all out?"
Ha! Made me think of a couple weeks ago, my daughter who started driving was proudly navigating the McDonald's drive-thru when she asked for a McFlurry.

I don't think I need to tell ANYONE what the answer was....kind of an international JOKE.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Don't put BBQ sauce on it. I never sauce mine - I smoke the marinated and seasoned piggy bum, then use it for tacos, sandwiches, casseroles, etc.