What's for dinner?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
20240817_174654.jpg

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Was planning on those juicy burgers on the Weber tonight, that I never got around to last night. I went to the back porch for a smoke and heard the rumble of thunder over the Potomac. May have to settle for pan seared now.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
St Louis style ribs rubbed down a couple hours ago. Will be cooked using indirect heat with a couple handfuls of wet hickory chips tossed on the charcoal. Sides of Cole slaw and biscuits to go with them.
Sounds great. Hope you finish them before the next round of t-storms!

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Sounds great. Hope you finish them before the next round of t-storms!
The beauty of indirect cooking on a Weber is the vent is over the cook grate and the fire is to the sides. I'm smoking up the whole neighborhood with thunder rolling overhead. Last I checked, the temperature was holding around 350. Not fall off the bone cooking, but it serves the purpose.

Edit: Sauced, wrapped in foil, and put back on for an hour. Close to falling off the bone now.

Last edited:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Sirloin steak over charcoal and baked sweet potatoes with butter, cinnamon, and stevia topping.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Took myself to dinner at The Local tonight. Salad, crab cake and fries. I have the other CC and fries for lunch tomorrow.