What's in your Birchbox?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Same here. I'm the weirdo of the bunch because I like perfume samples and the Arquiste is really nice.

:yay: Good!

Now I know who to give my Sephora samples to. I don't like the perfume samples. Most of them give me headaches, so I usually don't select them.

The Birchbox sounds fun, but I don't change my products up a lot, and it would be a bunch of stuff lying around, which I'd hate. I like Sephora because I get my bare minerals stuff from them & I'll use my points to try products from them. :dance:

VenusDoom

Rock Star
Was your sample really sparse? I had to squeeze pretty hard to get a little bit to put on the back of my hand and it seems like there's not much in it at all. Like maybe one or two uses in a much bigger tube. I'm going to try it out tomorrow.
Yes... I had to fight to get it out... but it worked amazingly.

lovinmaryland

I got:

Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline Eau de Toilette Spray - I love this scent, honestly. I may look for the rollerball next.
Dr. Jart+ Waterfuse BB Cream - I tried it out today and I LOVE IT. I went on to Sephora to price it and it's $2 more, plus it's out of stock. Ordered the full size today.
Ojon Volume Advance Volumizing Conditioner - I haven't tried this out yet, will try out in the morning
Stila Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner - I'm not too fond the of the color (it's more brown based and I primarily wear black based colors) but I will probably give it a whirl the next time I use brown bases
Twistband Hair Tie - I might use it when I work out
Notecard - It's already found it's way to the trash
OMG the Ojon conditioner is AMAZING! I got the travel kit last year and my hair looked & felt fantastic. It is really pricey though (like $30 a bottle) and I cant justify spending that much...especially when my boys dont realize that mommy's special shampoo's & face washes are just for her :mad:
I'll try this. I tried the Kiehl's Abyssine Cream last night & I think I'm allergic to it. :rolleyes: It's just not my week, :lol:

It was the Omnia Crystalline. I loved that Sephora skin care box -- lots of cool things to try! Working up my courage to try that big tube of self-tanner. I spot-tested so I know I'm not allergic, just afraid of getting "streaks" :lol: I've never used a self-tanner before. Yeah, I'm a chicken -- cluck cluck cluck... :roflmao:

It was medium to dark and I am a pasty white so I gave mine to a girlfriend. The box that it came in is super cute.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
So far I don't like the Keratase set -- the shampoo is nice and smells awesome, and I'd use it if it were cheaper (and not $38 for the bottle). The conditioner didn't wow me at all... and I have much better success w/Suave for $1.50. :smile:

I do like the Keratase hair serum stuff though. That seems to work pretty well.

doubtfull24

So far I don't like the Keratase set -- the shampoo is nice and smells awesome, and I'd use it if it were cheaper (and not $38 for the bottle). The conditioner didn't wow me at all... and I have much better success w/Suave for $1.50. :smile:

I do like the Keratase hair serum stuff though. That seems to work pretty well.

I also didn't like the conditioner to be honest I didn't like the shampoo either the smell was good but I have long hair and it didn't lather very well and the condition really sucked . I liked the serum a lot I would buy that :0)

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Yes... I had to fight to get it out... but it worked amazingly.
I used it today and am kinda on the fence about it. On the one hand, it did what I wanted - light coverage, just enough to even out my skin tone and I didn't feel like I was wearing anything. Also, foundation and tinted moisturizer always make my face oily after a couple hours - that didn't happen with this. I didn't like that it didn't last all day. I've been wearing Maybelline's Dream foundation (the liquid one) and I apply it with a damp brush to kinda sheer it out for light-medium coverage and it lasts ALL day. Like 7am to 11pm. But it makes my face oily and I have to blot every couple of hours.

ETA: I just noticed that it's SPF 45 PA+++. That pretty much seals it - I'll purchase a full size. That's a pretty impressive SPF for makeup.

Last edited:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I got

*Algenist Firming and lifting cream moisturizer - pretty nice sized sample, but it reminds me of Pond's Cold Cream like my grandma used. Kind of greasy. It also doesn't even compare to my "miracle" product. I think I'm ruined for any other moisturizers.

*Dior Diorshow Extase Mascara - this stuff is awesome. Nice sized sample and the wand on the mascara is nice too. I like it. Now if I can only justify spending $28 on mascara....that I rarely wear. :lol:

*Dior Miss Dior Eau de Parfum - OMG I love this perfume. Love it. I just love it. My husband liked it too, which is rare for him. But his :eyebrow: went way up when I asked if I could buy it at $102 a bottle. :lol:

*Keraste Age Premium Bain Substantif Shampoo - I haven't tried this yet but it's in a travel size bottle.

*Kerastase Age Premium Masque Substantif Deep Conditioner - I haven't tried this either but it's in one of those plastic sample things.

*Cute Notecard - Like everyone else. I like stationary so this is cute to me.

VenusDoom

Rock Star
I used it today and am kinda on the fence about it. On the one hand, it did what I wanted - light coverage, just enough to even out my skin tone and I didn't feel like I was wearing anything. Also, foundation and tinted moisturizer always make my face oily after a couple hours - that didn't happen with this. I didn't like that it didn't last all day. I've been wearing Maybelline's Dream foundation (the liquid one) and I apply it with a damp brush to kinda sheer it out for light-medium coverage and it lasts ALL day. Like 7am to 11pm. But it makes my face oily and I have to blot every couple of hours.

ETA: I just noticed that it's SPF 45 PA+++. That pretty much seals it - I'll purchase a full size. That's a pretty impressive SPF for makeup.
I use Urban Decay's setting spray and my make up will last all day, and all night if I fall asleep in it (I've proved that twice this week).

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I use Urban Decay's setting spray and my make up will last all day, and all night if I fall asleep in it (I've proved that twice this week).
I'd actually been wanting to try their De-Slick spray but the Sephora in Waldorf didn't have any. Lo and behold, when I'm checking out I notice that they have the Beauty Insider rewards now and one of the 100 point ones was a little bottle of De-Slick. Score! I'm going to try it out today.

And I was wrong, the BB Cream I got was SPF 25, but Dr Jart does make a 45 that you can get at Sephora. It looks like that's a bit heavier though so I'll stick with the 25.

lovinmaryland

I got

*Algenist Firming and lifting cream moisturizer - pretty nice sized sample, but it reminds me of Pond's Cold Cream like my grandma used. Kind of greasy. It also doesn't even compare to my "miracle" product. I think I'm ruined for any other moisturizers.

*Dior Diorshow Extase Mascara - this stuff is awesome. Nice sized sample and the wand on the mascara is nice too. I like it. Now if I can only justify spending $28 on mascara....that I rarely wear. :lol:

*Dior Miss Dior Eau de Parfum - OMG I love this perfume. Love it. I just love it. My husband liked it too, which is rare for him. But his :eyebrow: went way up when I asked if I could buy it at $102 a bottle. :lol:

*Keraste Age Premium Bain Substantif Shampoo - I haven't tried this yet but it's in a travel size bottle.

*Kerastase Age Premium Masque Substantif Deep Conditioner - I haven't tried this either but it's in one of those plastic sample things.

*Cute Notecard - Like everyone else. I like stationary so this is cute to me.

I have been wearing this for 5 years now I absolutely love. Hands down my favorite perfume!. Big B's favorite also. It is pricey so I only wear it once in awhile.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I'm a perfume whore and I was upset that I didn't get any perfume samples. :frown: My ever day wear is Coach (I have to pick between 3 of them :lol:) or Philosophy's Falling in Love.

lovinmaryland

I'm a perfume whore and I was upset that I didn't get any perfume samples. :frown: My ever day wear is Coach (I have to pick between 3 of them :lol:) or Philosophy's Falling in Love.

Me too :high5:

I must say seeing all these good perfume samples every one got has me super jealous!

When I made my last Sephora purchase I was able to get big sample of Dolce & Gabana Rose the One. It smells really nice, especially for summer time. Nice & light.

VenusDoom

Rock Star
Me too :high5:

I must say seeing all these good perfume samples every one got has me super jealous!

When I made my last Sephora purchase I was able to get big sample of Dolce & Gabana Rose the One. It smells really nice, especially for summer time. Nice & light.
Dolce & Gabbana The One, Michael Kors Very Hollywood, and Escada Taj Sunset at the 3 scents I alternate. Usually, if I'm in a hurry, it's almost always Very Hollywood. I like it because it smells beachy.

lovinmaryland

Dolce & Gabbana The One, Michael Kors Very Hollywood, and Escada Taj Sunset at the 3 scents I alternate. Usually, if I'm in a hurry, it's almost always Very Hollywood. I like it because it smells beachy.

Love Taj Sunset too. I love it when Escada has their 6 mini summer scent sets. They smell so fantastic!

VenusDoom

Rock Star
Love Taj Sunset too. I love it when Escada has their 6 mini summer scent sets. They smell so fantastic!
I just wish they would carry Taj Sunset over! Now, I'm madly in love with the fragrance but have to rely on ebay to find it! It smells like a mai tai.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Escada Taj Sunset
I LOVE Taj Sunset! I also really like Viva la Juicy and lately I've just been wearing Bath and Body Works' Coconut Lime Breeze. I'm picky about perfume - I don't like the floral scents and would prefer to just walk around smelling like fruit. :lmao:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
BG's Birchbox is full of warmth and love, and it's just a happy place to be..

Or are we talking about the same thing??

VenusDoom

Rock Star
I LOVE Taj Sunset! I also really like Viva la Juicy and lately I've just been wearing Bath and Body Works' Coconut Lime Breeze. I'm picky about perfume - I don't like the floral scents and would prefer to just walk around smelling like fruit. :lmao:
Ed Hardy's Hearts and Daggers has the same fruity and summery feel.

I've noticed that with perfume, like with all things in my life, I tend to be a creature of habit. If I like a perfume, there's a very good chance it has a mandarin note in it. There is usually also a jasmine note.