Which religion(s) do you have a problem with?

Which religion(s) do you have a problem with?

• Muslim

Votes: 22 40.7%
  • Buddist

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Jews

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Christian-Catholic

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Christian-Protostan

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Scientology

Votes: 30 55.6%
  • Wiccans

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • All of the above

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Other

Votes: 13 24.1%

• Total voters

This_person

:roflmao:
oww that hurt :otter:

he's a self oppressing anti oppressor who wants to judge people by their questions, but hates people questioning anything. Get it right!
Whom did I judge?

And, who was supposed to be hurt? I didn't try and hurt anybody.

This_person

It's not arrogent to think that morals didn't exist before religion?
Who suggested they did (now that you finally feel you can speak with me on something, just nothing you've been proven wrong on).

I never suggested morals didn't exist before religion, nor that morals exist without religion. If you read it that way, perhaps you need to evaluate yourself as to why you feel to defend against that thought, even when it's not there.

Beta84

They're out to get us
Whom did I judge?

And, who was supposed to be hurt? I didn't try and hurt anybody.

i hurt myself by roflmaoing too much. and i was just bringing my original comment of your post + avatar + siggy and bringing it full circle. :shrug:

L

luckystar

Scare tactics, guilt tactics, hurting people...that's how religion works.

Nah, I'm pretty sure that's how the crazies like God-woman on Wife Swap/Muslim Suicide Bombers and the like work. It's the people, not the religions.

Edit: That episode what legendary.

This_person

They may be religious principles to you, but I can't be sure that those principles really came from an almighty being.

That, and I only have a few friends that are actually religious. We atheists were just taught to play nice. Since when is "play nice" a religious thing? Why can't it just be a human thing to get through this life alive?
I never suggested that the principles came from an Almighty Being, just that they were religious principles.

Taught by whom to play nice? What is considered nice (ie, by what standard)?

I don't know why you feel you can't just be a human and get out alive.... Certainly nothing I've said

This_person

I was a little hurt by being referred to as arrogant for my beliefs.
If you misunderstood what I said (and then when I explained it more completely), I apologize.

I never referred to you as arrogant for your beliefs, and I'm sorry you took it that way.

This_person

Some of the most immoral people I've come across practice one form of religion or another.
Me too :high5: And, some of the best.

And, some of the worst have been atheist, and some of the best.

Imagine that. Fits right into what I was saying......

Beta84

They're out to get us
I never suggested that the principles came from an Almighty Being, just that they were religious principles.

Taught by whom to play nice? What is considered nice (ie, by what standard)?

I don't know why you feel you can't just be a human and get out alive.... Certainly nothing I've said

so basically you're saying principles didn't come from an almighty being, but from religion. so if not an almighty being, then 'religion' would be developed by people and thereby pointless to worship, since who's to say which people are any better than others when it comes to moral principles.

Good job at disproving your argument :buddies:

If anything, I'd trust my own moral compass above anyone elses. So why would I follow religion if it's just made up by a bunch of potentially corrupt and unknown people that were around thousands of years ago? Maybe they got it wrong. :gasp:

I'm not necessarily arguing that what I just said is correct, but you just argued their point more than your own.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
so basically you're saying principles didn't come from an almighty being, but from religion. so if not an almighty being, then 'religion' would be developed by people and thereby pointless to worship, since who's to say which people are any better than others when it comes to moral principles.

Good job at disproving your argument :buddies:

If anything, I'd trust my own moral compass above anyone elses. So why would I follow religion if it's just made up by a bunch of potentially corrupt and unknown people that were around thousands of years ago? Maybe they got it wrong. :gasp:

I'm not necessarily arguing that what I just said is correct, but you just argued their point more than your own.

I'm convinced the only thing it's attempting to do is stir the pot and offend people.

L

luckystar

If you misunderstood what I said (and then when I explained it more completely), I apologize.

I never referred to you as arrogant for your beliefs, and I'm sorry you took it that way.

As I understand it, you atheists believe that we will die, get our bodies eaten, and basically account for nothing but "the circle of life" no matter how we act or what we do - thus having your morals be completely self-contrived arrogance.