Why are Jeeps so expensive?

rpexie

.:Georgia Peach:.
Thanks everyone for taking the time to share some info. I think I will end up getting a Jeep and Ill feel better buying one with a bit of miles on it now that I know they can last a good deal longer. =)

E

EmptyTimCup

there is one on 373 beween brandywine and accokeek for $ 3500

XJ series, 32's maybe ........ small lift kit

rpexie

.:Georgia Peach:.
Thanks everyone for taking the time to share some info. I think I will end up getting a Jeep and Ill feel better buying one with a bit of miles on it now that I know they can last a good deal longer. =)

corollinout

I'm on my second one and looking for another one. Once you get one you kind of fall for them. My first was a 91 YJ and after I sold it I wanted it back. Finally got another project one that I have been rebuilding for two years which is an 81 CJ7. Once I get my Yukon paid off, I am going to be on the look out to get a TJ or newer. They are easy to work on and you don't need to go to the dealer for everything. You can just about build a new one from Quadratec.com or 4wd.com.

Christy

b*tch rocket
I love my Jeep Wrangler. I bought it new in 2007 and I will never get rid of it, although it has been tempting since the trade in value is so high, even with the high miles. I have over 90K miles on it.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I love my Jeep Wrangler. I bought it new in 2007 and I will never get rid of it, although it has been tempting since the trade in value is so high, even with the high miles. I have over 90K miles on it.

Hubby loves his, too! We bought it new in May 2012 and it's got just over 11K miles. I just wish it had heated seats. :lol:

warneckutz

You could get Wet Okole seat covers. They offer the heated seat and lumbar support.

It *is* neoprene though, so that's something to consider if it's going to get a LOT of sunlight (which they should)... neoprene seems to fade pretty quick as I understand it.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Hubby loves his, too! We bought it new in May 2012 and it's got just over 11K miles. I just wish it had heated seats. :lol:

Heated seats? Which would only make it even more expensive, hence getting back to the OP of the thread.

The reason(s) Jeeps are so expensive:

1. They are cute and hip, and women love them
2. Men buy them for their women
3. Men buy them to get women
4. Women buy them because they are cute and hip which makes them -
5. In demand, especially with heated seats
6. They have good resale value because of 1 - 6, which jacks up the price of a Jeep.

Popeye The Jeep 1938 - YouTube

Simple economics. Capitalism does work, even at the individual level.

It *is* neoprene though, so that's something to consider if it's going to get a LOT of sunlight (which they should)... neoprene seems to fade pretty quick as I understand it.

Had those for quite a while in my truck. They were great. The seat belt zipping up and down cut the drivers side though.

glhs837

Power with Control
Heated seats? Which would only make it even more expensive, hence getting back to the OP of the thread.

The reason(s) Jeeps are so expensive:

1. They are cute and hip, and women love them
2. Men buy them for their women
3. Men buy them to get women
4. Women buy them because they are cute and hip which makes them -
5. In demand, especially with heated seats
6. They have good resale value because of 1 - 6, which jacks up the price of a Jeep.

Popeye The Jeep 1938 - YouTube

Simple economics. Capitalism does work, even at the individual level.

And the fact that they have a worldwide reputation for toughness and proven offroad capability has nothing to do with it? Nothing at all? :killingme

dont mistake me, I have never owned one, and realize they make bonehead moves like any other company, but they do make some products that do exactly what they are advertised to, and more. Thats part of why they sell and have good resale.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I've been wanting to get a jeep for a while, been looking around. Finally go serious and I'm going to look at this one today. They really are expensive, but after doing a lot of research, they are worth the money.

Attachments

• 30303834174.341242376.IM1.08.565x421_A.562x421.jpg
    30303834174.341242376.IM1.08.565x421_A.562x421.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 102

sockgirl77

Both my mother and father have had Grand Cherokees. My father had one in the early 90s. My mother had two, '98 and '01. All 3 of them spent quite a bit of time in the shop. All 3 were well taken care of. But, I have friends that have had Wranglers for years and they're still running like champs after taking severe beatings from muddin'.