Why are you here?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
So far, so good

Originally posted by IM4Change
Raiders better win this go around. :wink:

:cool: Raiders 27 to 10 with about 7 1/2 minutes to go, if they don't pull a Giant-like mistake, they've got it.
:cheers: penn

FIREMAN

Originally posted by pixiegirl
Sleuth and I went out a couple times while I was dating Marty (the bald guy, who wasn't on here) and Fireman and I have always just been friends; we live too far away to date each other (me - Waldorf, him - Valley Lee).

Wahooo I've made it up too the friend statis. Moving on up!:biggrin: :blushing:

Athena1078

Social Director
why I am here

I am here because I moved here a few months ago, and being 25, with no kids, not married, it is hard to meet people, other than those that are hanging around bars. Not that you can't find nice people at bars, but more often than not, they are looking for a lot less than what I am looking for...

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Re: why I am here

Originally posted by Athena1078
I am here because I moved here a few months ago, and being 25, with no kids, not married, it is hard to meet people, other than those that are hanging around bars. Not that you can't find nice people at bars, but more often than not, they are looking for a lot less than what I am looking for...

:biggrin: Wait until someone pops up on the board here and asks
"What are you wearing?" If that furrows up lines on your forehead, just wait, someone will explain!

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
What was that?

Originally posted by willie
What is an MPD?
:cool: It's a condition whereby some established boardmembers change their names, for one reason or another. AKA - Multiple Personality Disorder. Some probably consider it a "security blanket".

:smile: penn

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Re: What was that?

Originally posted by penncam
:cool: It's a condition whereby some established boardmembers change their names, for one reason or another. AKA - Multiple Personality Disorder. Some probably consider it a "security blanket".

:smile: penn

I thought MPD was where people post under different names at the same time. For a while, it seemed like Demsformd and Smcdem were the same person. I've seen that done on other boards.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Re: Re: What was that?

Originally posted by Tonio
I thought MPD was where people post under different names at the same time. For a while, it seemed like Demsformd and Smcdem were the same person. I've seen that done on other boards.
:smile: Well, I can't say with all certainty, Tonio, but I've heard through conversation that the MPD could also be someone who's ticked off the administrator(s) here, and been banned from the site. But some just refuse to leave, so they come back using another name, using another browser.
penn

Last edited:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Re: Re: Re: Re: What was that?

Originally posted by bluto
I've heard that rumor as well. Vicious and unfounded.
:neener: :roflmao: :lmao: See, that's why I said I couldn't say for all certainty that was the case! "Just my Ever humble opinion Today".

:biggrin: penn

willie

Thanx....it's all clear now except for the Dingus part. Is that measured in gallons, feet, cm.???:confused:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
What's fun about it is........

Originally posted by bluto
It is measured in posts. It's the average amount of posts an MPD will write before their creator forgets the second password and is forced to return to their original username.

:biggrin: Now you're learning about the intricacies of website boardplay! The fun, or interesting aspect of it all is when you notice one day after coming home from work, that someone has stopped posting. You get used to seeing certain individuals post on certain topics, and all of a sudden they stop. Hmmm!
Then one day a new member signs on, and after a while, you start noticing subtle traits. Aha! Sounds like someone that used to post here a lot. PMs start flying around, suggesting this person or that person, someone finally confirms the MPDs' identity, and you say "Oh"! and move on. Some will play MPD just
for the fun of it, to get others wondering.

bknarw

Attire Monitor
I know I'm a little late in responding...but...

Every now and then I start to feel good about myself...or I get a little too self-assured. Then I come here and I'm INSTANTLY cured!!!
:biggrin:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Re: I know I'm a little late in responding...but...

Originally posted by bknarw
Every now and then I start to feel good about myself...or I get a little too self-assured. Then I come here and I'm INSTANTLY cured!!!

TRUE STORY! :razz:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
No, no...don't thank us! Just doing our job, sir. Please leave a tip in the jar by the door.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Re: Re: Re: I know I'm a little late in responding...but...

Quit making fun of my phrase!

Oh, it's only your FACE we're supposed to make fun of? :eek:

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Re: Re: Re: Re: I know I'm a little late in responding...but...

Originally posted by jazz lady
Oh, it's only your FACE we're supposed to make fun of? :eek:

Ohhh...you're AXING for it!!!