Why do women change after marrage?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
elaine said:
Both men and women change. You either grow together, or grow apart.

:yay: You hit the nail on the head. People change over time - it's the nature of the beast. What you do together as a couple makes or breaks the relationship.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
jazz lady said:
:yay: You hit the nail on the head. People change over time - it's the nature of the beast. What you do together as a couple makes or breaks the relationship.
I've known couples that actually go #2 together. :lol:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Chasey_Lane said:
I've known couples that actually go #2 together. :lol:
My cousin lived in an apartment for awhile with two bathrooms that shared a door. She and her husband would sit and go #2 at the same time with the door open so they could talk about ####. :shocking:

Foxhound

Finishing last
elaine said:
Both men and women change. You either grow together, or grow apart.

This was what I was looking for. Everyone changes. Once you get married your attitude changes whether you think so or not.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Just got this from a friend via email ... seems fitting to put it here.

Married 30 years, I took a look at my wife one day and said, "Honey, 30 years ago, we had a cheap apartment, a cheap car, slept on a sofa bed and watched a 10 inch black and white TV, but I got to sleep every night with a hot 25 year old blond.

"Now, we have a nice house, nice car, big bed and plasma screen TV, but I'm sleeping with a 60 year old woman. It seems to me that you are not holding up your side of things."

My wife is a very reasonable woman.

She told me to go out and find a hot 25 year old blond, and she would make sure that I would once again be living in a cheap apartment, driving a cheap car, sleeping on a sofa bed....

dustin

UAIOE
Preceptor1 said:
We dated for 2 years and everything was fine. We married and around 5 or 6 months later she has developed a case of the 'I can't just talk to you, I want to harp on you' and 'Why do you still have to...' :jameo:

I liked it just the way we had things.

I don't go out bar hopping, I don't chase other women, I still let her know I love her and appreciate the things she does for me... that kind of stuff.

Kindness does not mean weakness; I don't take her crap though.

What is wrong with the female species? This does not indicate all women... just most!
That's part of it buddy. Get used to it. Beer helps.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
crabcake said:
She told me to go out and find a hot 25 year old blond, and she would make sure that I would once again be living in a cheap apartment, driving a cheap car, sleeping on a sofa bed....
:lmao: I LOVE IT!

That story is actually very profound, if you think about it. Guys seem to lament the past - wondering where all that hot nightly sex went, but not appreciating what they got in return. Until they have some silly mid-life crisis and run off with their secretary, only to find themselves stuck with a vapid idiot (albeit a good-looking one) and an ex-wife who is living large with no crabby husband and kids all grown and gone.

:banana: :party: :starcat:

Toxick

Splat
vraiblonde said:
but not appreciating what they got in return. Until they have some silly mid-life crisis and run off with their secretary

Sure is a good thing that women never cheat, and run off.

somd whisper

rack'm said:
Men find a woman they love and hope she never changes and she does.......women find a man she feels she can make into the man of her dreams and he doesn't change.

At first I was going to just read this to lift my spirits but after reading this blog I have to say BRAVO!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
bresamil said:
Did we used to meet for dinner? :confused:

Here's how I handled it:
Me: I'd love to go out this weekend.
Him: Not me. I'm bushed. I just want to hang around the house.
Saturday late afternoon, I am dressed and ready to leave.
Him: Where are you going?
Me: Out to dinner.
Him: I said I didn't want to go.
Me: I heard you.
Him: Okay then what about the kids?
Me: You're staying home, remember?

I'd just make plans with friends. It's not like he wasn't given an option early on.

Please note: This method is not for eveyone. I'm divorced. :lmao:

Secret to keeping a man moving.. do NOT buy comfortable furniture to put in the lving room..do NOT set said furniture in front of a TV if you do buy it, and NEVER, EVER buy a recliner and expect to see him out of it..

I can picture what some guys would consider "paradise" A dorm fridge next to the recliner full of beer.. a storage compartment in the recliner full of snacks.. and sitting and watching TV til bedtime every night..

I look at most men my age, and I remeber my dad at the same age emulating Archie Bunker.. his assprint in the recliner from it being sat in 4 or 5 hours a day (10 - 12 on the week-ends) I refuse to own a recliner, I don't want to get comfortable in a chair in front of the TV.. I don't want to get comfortable with my life that all I want to do is sit in the house all day..

I guess this is why I don't like NASCAR.. five or six hours sitting in front of the brain sucker?? No thanks..

It's not enjoying life.. it's called a RUT.. and you should just take a long walk off of a short pier and get it over with.

W

Wenchy

itsbob said:
Secret to keeping a man moving.. do NOT buy comfortable furniture to put in the lving room..do NOT set said furniture in front of a TV if you do buy it, and NEVER, EVER buy a recliner and expect to see him out of it..

I can picture what some guys would consider "paradise" A dorm fridge next to the recliner full of beer.. a storage compartment in the recliner full of snacks.. and sitting and watching TV til bedtime every night..

I look at most men my age, and I remeber my dad at the same age emulating Archie Bunker.. his assprint in the recliner from it being sat in 4 or 5 hours a day (10 - 12 on the week-ends) I refuse to own a recliner, I don't want to get comfortable in a chair in front of the TV.. I don't want to get comfortable with my life that all I want to do is sit in the house all day..

I guess this is why I don't like NASCAR.. five or six hours sitting in front of the brain sucker?? No thanks..

It's not enjoying life.. it's called a RUT.. and you should just take a long walk off of a short pier and get it over with.

:yay::yay:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
itsbob said:
:clap: Very, very true and something I understand only too well. Life is much too short to just be a spectactor. Go out and LIVE. It's a beautiful world out there full of possibilities and amazing discoveries. :yay: