Why you celebrate Easter?

Why do you celebrate Easter?

• To celebrate the death and ressurection of Jesus

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • I don't believe in all that but it gives us a chance to spend family time together

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • I don't celebrate Easter because I am not a Christian

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • I celebrate Jesus' death and ressurection and enjoy the family time.

Votes: 25 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beta84

They're out to get us
Easter is the Passover...read your Bible.........old and new books.

"This is a day you are to commemorate; for the generations to come you shall celebrate it as a festival to the LORD -a lasting ordinance. For seven days you are to eat bread made without yeast. On the first day remove the yeast from your houses, for whoever eats anything with yeast in it from the first day through the seventh must be cut off from Israel. On the first day hold a sacred assembly, and another one on the seventh day. Do no work at all on these days, except to prepare food for everyone to eat—that is all you may do. "

That's the definition of Passover from the old testament. Again I ask, how does that relate to Easter?

sockgirl77

They don't go into all the gory details, but children that young are taught that Jesus died and was resurrected.

Eh. Guess that's just me sheltering my kids. I would rather them not know about death at such a young age. :shrug:

Cowgirl

Eh. Guess that's just me sheltering my kids. I would rather them not know about death at such a young age. :shrug:

Well, they have to learn sometime. Besides, we didn't really have that luxury because we can't control what they learn at their mother's. :whistle:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
They don't go into all the gory details, but children that young are taught that Jesus died and was resurrected.

It's ok to believe 2000 years ago, some guy rose from the dead, but it's ludicrous that someone today thinks, after killing their son, that he will do the same..

Your honor, I plead guilty to Murder, IF you agree to drop the charges once my son is resurrected.

My blackberry bush told me to make fun of you today..

sockgirl77

Like you are single parent so yuo dont have to worry about sending your kids to their fathers where he teaches them the complete opposite of what you do.

At least that is what I took it to mean :smile:

That means what you say goes. You don't have to worry about the second parent's opinion, and you don't have to deal with the kids learning different things at the other parent's house. :yay:

Both of you are incorrect. However, it is known how I feel about certain subjects. Religion is one of them. What I say goes.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Socki, Cowgirl was sharing her experience. She is the s/o of the father of the children in the house. She and their father may have beliefs and teachings that differ from what they get when they are at their mother's.

It's like - if your kids were to have set rules at your house and then go to their dad's and have the freedom to do whatever they want - it's pretty conflicting and very confusing to the kids. :shrug: In Cowgirl's case, the kids are learning things that she and their father may not agree are necessary for them to know at their age.

Am I right Cowgirl?

JULZ

BFJ
Both of you are incorrect. However, it is known how I feel about certain subjects. Religion is one of them. What I say goes.

:confused: But isn't it correct? You are a single parent (fathers not in the picture) so you can make the decisions of what/what not the children are exposed to without the fathers exposing the children to their beliefs.

It's not a bad thing, if you are taking it that way. I personally think it's great not having someone else to have to answer to for the way I want to raise my children.