Why you celebrate Easter?

Why do you celebrate Easter?

• To celebrate the death and ressurection of Jesus

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • I don't believe in all that but it gives us a chance to spend family time together

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • I don't celebrate Easter because I am not a Christian

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • I celebrate Jesus' death and ressurection and enjoy the family time.

Votes: 25 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
T

toppick08

I'm aware the last supper was a Passover sedar, but to my knowledge Easter isn't celebrated in any way, shape, or form like Jesus celebrated Passover. I was also under the impression that Easter celebrated something entirely different (the whole death and resurrection bit) and that Passover was just happened to be the "last supper".

Jews For Jesus....:lol:

:huggy:.you will always be a bud of mine..

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
How many reasons do you want?
  1. I was born on an Easter Sunday so it's kind of always been "my" holiday.
  2. It is a holiday that reminds me that "death" is not the end of everything good.
  3. It happens in Spring when the earth is beginning to come alive again.
  4. It is a reminder of what faith can accomplish.
  5. I love Easter lilies.
  6. bunnies are cute.
  7. I like to dye eggs, even though I'm allergic to them (family eats them).
  8. and then there's the chocolate....:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

tygrace

I celebrate Easter because I love God.

For those of you that have posted that you don't allow or expose your children to God, you're keeping something very precious from them. My son has been going to Church since he was 18 months old. He used to be in the nursery until he turned 5 in January. He now sits in the sanctuary with me every Sunday for the sermon. He enjoys going to church, and enjoys learning about God.

He also goes to AWANA once a week, and loves it. If you want to give them a small taste of God, please enroll them. It only costs @ $25.00 for the entire year. It runs from September to the end of May. You drop your child off and pick them up at the end. You don't have to attend the church, you don't have to do anything.

It's a great time for the kids, they play games (they get a little exercise), and they recite verses from the bible. It is completely age appropriate. The bonus is, you as the parent get a short break (6pm to 7:45). The starting age is 3, up to 5th grade.

I believe just about every church offers AWANA, but my church is Southern Calvert Baptist Church.

Just try it, I'm sure your kids will enjoy it, do not let the church intimidate you or allow your feelings for religion to spill over to your children. Give them the right to decide on their own.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't celebrate Easter because I'm not a Christian. Christmas has become fairly secular, but Easter to me is still a truly Christian holiday, so it's like Rosh Hashana or Immaculate Conception to me and I don't observe.

Black-Francis

How many reasons do you want?
  1. I was born on an Easter Sunday so it's kind of always been "my" holiday.
  2. It is a holiday that reminds me that "death" is not the end of everything good.
  3. It happens in Spring when the earth is beginning to come alive again.
  4. It is a reminder of what faith can accomplish.
  5. I love Easter lilies.
  6. bunnies are cute.
  7. I like to dye eggs, even though I'm allergic to them (family eats them).
  8. and then there's the chocolate....:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

wow