Why you celebrate Easter?

Why do you celebrate Easter?

• To celebrate the death and ressurection of Jesus

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • I don't believe in all that but it gives us a chance to spend family time together

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • I don't celebrate Easter because I am not a Christian

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • I celebrate Jesus' death and ressurection and enjoy the family time.

Votes: 25 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sockgirl77

Well, most split parent households don't always work like that. It's nice that you have split custody. :smile:

I have soul custody of my kids however their fathers have visitation rights based on my descretion. They both know my views on religion and I'm lucky enough that both of the idiots feel the same way I do.

lovinmaryland

Socki, Cowgirl was sharing her experience. She is the s/o of the father of the children in the house. She and their father may have beliefs and teachings that differ from what they get when they are at their mother's.

It's like - if your kids were to have set rules at your house and then go to their dad's and have the freedom to do whatever they want - it's pretty conflicting and very confusing to the kids. :shrug: In Cowgirl's case, the kids are learning things that she and their father may not agree are necessary for them to know at their age.

Am I right Cowgirl?

Taht is what I said and she told me I was wrong :cds:

sockgirl77

:confused: But isn't it correct? You are a single parent (fathers not in the picture) so you can make the decisions of what/what not the children are exposed to without the fathers exposing the children to their beliefs.

It's not a bad thing, if you are taking it that way. I personally think it's great not having someone else to have to answer to for the way I want to raise my children.

God I love how people in here assume they know me.

Cowgirl

Socki, Cowgirl was sharing her experience. She is the s/o of the father of the children in the house. She and their father may have beliefs and teachings that differ from what they get when they are at their mother's.

It's like - if your kids were to have set rules at your house and then go to their dad's and have the freedom to do whatever they want - it's pretty conflicting and very confusing to the kids. :shrug: In Cowgirl's case, the kids are learning things that she and their father may not agree are necessary for them to know at their age.

Am I right Cowgirl?

Yes, you are right. It's a tricky situation. While their father and I don't agree with everything their mother does (like letting the 5 yr old watch Twilight), most things are fairly minor. It's not worth a big battle, because it'll just cause more problems. We sure don't want her telling us how to raise them, so D doesn't tell her how to raise them. They agree on the major stuff, which is great.

This is what you were incorrect about.

Visitiation is a hell of a lot different than spending 50% of the time in another home with different parents and different rules/beliefs.

It's not a big deal. You said what you said goes, and I said you're lucky that it's that way, because a lot of people don't have that.

sockgirl77

I was under the impression, from your postings, that your children's fathers were not in the picture.

I was just trying to help explain what Cowgirl was saying.

:bubble:

Nope, you judged based on others postings about me. :yay:

lovinmaryland

Visitiation is a hell of a lot different than spending 50% of the time in another home with different parents and different rules/beliefs.

I have to agree w/ you on that. My friend didnt know what she was in for when her X went from visitation to split 50-50 custody!

JULZ

BFJ
I have to agree w/ you on that. My friend didnt know what she was in for when her X went from visitation to split 50-50 custody!

I'm lucky that I have full custody and X is only allowed supervised visitation, of which he doesn't exercise. We are very lucky he is not in out lives one single bit!

Highlander

ONE NATION UNDER GOD
I have soul custody of my kids however their fathers have visitation rights based on my descretion. They both know my views on religion and I'm lucky enough that both of the idiots feel the same way I do.

So, what church do you go to? Or do you just move around and go to whatever church your boyfriend of the week goes to.

They can go to any church they want and learn about all religions. :yay:
Cool. I'm not a religious person at all, but I'm a firm believer that it's a personal choice as to whether or not one needs a faith in some form of religion to manage their life and the only way that can know what works best for them is through exposure and education.

sockgirl77

Cool. I'm not a religious person at all, but I'm a firm believer that it's a personal choice as to whether or not one needs a faith in some form of religion to manage their life and the only way that can know what works best for them is through exposure and education.

I have faith that there's a God, but no one religion so to speak of. If that makes any kind of sense. Growing up I was exposed to ALL religions. None I completely agree with. I think they're all a crock. :lol: