Why you celebrate Easter?

Why do you celebrate Easter?

• To celebrate the death and ressurection of Jesus

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • I don't believe in all that but it gives us a chance to spend family time together

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • I don't celebrate Easter because I am not a Christian

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • I celebrate Jesus' death and ressurection and enjoy the family time.

Votes: 25 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
I used to let my kiddo go to a Pentacostal church with her bus driver.. I thought it would be a good thing to at least expose her to what it's like to go to church but when she only learned songs about fear and "the devil", I nipped it in the bud.

Then she wanted to see The Passion of the Christ when she was about 7 or 8 and I agreed. Once it got so bad I was bawling, it got turned off. I think she got the gist of the film though and since then she's shown no interest in going back to church.

My son just believes what he believes and has never asked questions about church because he's never been in one.

I can't think of anything more unappealing about religion than their watered down teachings to children of many men killing men in the name of some "god". You can make it a cartoon or put it in a song, but that just makes it more frightening.

Happy "wishing the dead would come back to life and save you from yourself":flowers:

T

toppick08

"This is a day you are to commemorate; for the generations to come you shall celebrate it as a festival to the LORD -a lasting ordinance. For seven days you are to eat bread made without yeast. On the first day remove the yeast from your houses, for whoever eats anything with yeast in it from the first day through the seventh must be cut off from Israel. On the first day hold a sacred assembly, and another one on the seventh day. Do no work at all on these days, except to prepare food for everyone to eat—that is all you may do. "

That's the definition of Passover from the old testament. Again I ask, how does that relate to Easter?

Read Luke 22........The Last Supper was the Passover, except this time the Lamb that was slaughtered was Jesus Christ.......

Beta84

They're out to get us
Read Luke 22........The Last Supper was the Passover, except this time the Lamb that was slaughtered was Jesus Christ.......

I'm aware the last supper was a Passover sedar, but to my knowledge Easter isn't celebrated in any way, shape, or form like Jesus celebrated Passover. I was also under the impression that Easter celebrated something entirely different (the whole death and resurrection bit) and that Passover was just happened to be the "last supper".

river rat

BUCKING GOAT
To me....
Easter marks the resurrection of all things.

The flowers, trees and longer days.
Many forms of Life and utimately our souls. :flowers:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
We'll be celebrating Easter on Saturday instead of Sunday. My dad is taking my neice to see the circus on Sunday. Works for us because now we can go to Easter service at church and the egg hunt beforehand.

nomoney

Cool. I'm not a religious person at all, but I'm a firm believer that it's a personal choice as to whether or not one needs a faith in some form of religion to manage their life and the only way that can know what works best for them is through exposure and education.

:yeahthat:

I'm not religious either, but my boys still go to a catholic sunday school. When they come home with questions about stuff that doesn't make sense -I'm very honest with them about what religion is for and we try to find other answers besides the ones they just get at Sunday school or at their fathers. Ideally, I would like to start exposing them slowly to different churches as they grow older. But right now this is working for them.

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
Why on earth would you let a child watch that movie?

:sigh: To show her that Christianity is a shiny, happy facade for a violent, criminal enterprise that force feeds bull#### to people with not enough sense to think for themselves?

Really,she wasn't as mortified as I was over how violent it was. She asked to see it because she had questions about the movie and questions about religion. Normally I don't let my kids watch that kind of stuff but she wanted to be educated. She's a pretty perceptive kid.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
:sigh: To show her that Christianity is a shiny, happy facade for a violent, criminal enterprise that force feeds bull#### to people with not enough sense to think for themselves?

Really,she wasn't as mortified as I was over how violent it was. She asked to see it because she had questions about the movie and questions about religion. Normally I don't let my kids watch that kind of stuff but she wanted to be educated. She's a pretty perceptive kid.
You have an awful lot of attitude about something that isn't even a part of your life. :eyebrow: