Woodburns

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
what we really need is no more building. we need to keep calvert country. no more chain stores. we already have to many, along with to many people.
Don't think anyone would mind if you left to the great unspoiled west (except the people of the west)

Toxick

Splat
what we really need is no more building. we need to keep calvert country. no more chain stores. we already have to many, along with to many people.

There's a lot of empty space in Antarctica. Not a lot of buildings, not many people. You'd love it there. You should totally move there.

Or Siberia.

Or the Western Territory of Australia.

All great choices.

Southern Belle

For the best meat go to NICK's in Prince Fred. But Woodburns has great seafood.

I use to be a big fan of Nicks. I went to the Prince Fred store a several months ago for steaks and they were horrible. I said what the hey and went again a couple of months ago, they were still horrible. I won't go back. I went to Woodburns a couple of weeks ago and got steaks, they were outstanding. I hope they don't close because I will be going back. Their desserts are awesome and OMG, you gotta get something off the salad bar. They are pricey but worth every penny.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
today's price observation whilst shopping around for seltzer water.
12pk of 12oz cans:
Woodburns $3.65 (vintage brand)
McKays $3.99 (vintage brand)
Food Lion $2.50 (food lion brand on sale, off sale It's still like 2.99)

frequentflier

happy to be living
I miss Wegmans ...........

When I was in upstate NY last weekend, I went to Wegmans twice!!!
They started out as a vegetable stand and grew to what they are now. The *owner* still makes surprize appearances at stores and is a nice and personable man. Wegmans was voted the #1 place to work in the country for several years. They still buy local produce for their stores and they have an excellent scholorship program.
I LOVE WEGMANS!!!

frequentflier

happy to be living
I hear over the weekend that Woodburns is closing at the end of the year. Please tell me that is just a horrible rumor :frown:

That would suck. They just gutted and remodeled the store a couple years ago. Also, Spyros recently moved in and have the bakery area full of incredible breads and sweet things. :yum: I love their breads. Also, their salad bar is always great.

4ps

I shop in Woodburns often, and love that Spyros is there now! Smart move. Fresh baked goods, healthy foods with less preservatives...the best! We've had the cakes for special occassions and they are delicious!!
Milk is cheaper there too!
Watch the rumor mill on SMOnline, it can hurt people....always check your info before posting.

SquirrelBait

Look at her SMILE
I shop in Woodburns often, and love that Spyros is there now! Smart move. Fresh baked goods, healthy foods with less preservatives...the best! We've had the cakes for special occassions and they are delicious!!
Watch the rumor mill on SMOnline, it can hurt people....always check your info before posting.

Yeah Jameo, since your new around here you need to learn to watch the forums and not to suffocate your donkey :jameo:

PrepH4U

oh oh Jameo you violated the posting monitors rules :killingme

pssst this is somd online, who is this SMOnline? (always check your info before posting)!