Wow!!!

mainman

Set Trippin
otter said:
and then Frost kicks an even worse punt..Think that was the only time I screamed at the TV during the game. (&(^^%%* IDIOT, YA EFFED UP THE DO-OVER.
I think he kicked a whopping 24 yarder...:lmao:

mainman

Set Trippin
What do you guys think the league should do with Albert Haynesworth?

I think he should be banned....period...

Otter

Nothing to see here
mainman said:

That the guy that did the stomp on that players head? 4 game suspension and a huge fine.

mainman

Set Trippin
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Oct. 1, 2006) -- Tennessee defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth was ejected early in the third quarter after he stomped on Dallas center Andre Gurode's face.

Julius Jones had just scored on a 5-yard touchdown run, putting Dallas up 20-6. Gurode's helmet came off, and Haynesworth, standing over him, used his right foot and stomped Gurode's head.

A flag was thrown, and Haynesworth followed an official toward the Titans' sideline, protesting.

Haynesworth had pulled off his helmet and slammed it to the ground, prompting another flag. Referee Jerome Boger disqualified Haynesworth, and the player walked off the field after talking briefly with Titans coach Jeff Fisher.

Gurode walked off the field with ice held to his cheek. He received stitches above his left eye.
:thug:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I have a feeling he's going to be looking for new home soon.. coach didn't seem to happy with him, and I think he'll have a hard time finding a team to take him after that.

Think by Wednesday or Thurs, we'll hear about a multi game suspension: 2 or 3.. and he's going to lose some $$$.. But he's a lineman right? Probably not a crap load of money to start with..

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
mainman said:

Maybe 4-5 game suspension, super hefty fine....(since he did it to a cowgirl)

If he had done it to the Redskins....life long ban, super duper hefty fine, maybe like 5mil or something

Any other team... season long ban, with more than a years salary worth of fines

itsbob

I bowl overhand
mainman said:
What I saw on the Sports Machine last night was..

His helmet didn't just "come off".. Haynesworth kicked his helmet off his head, THEN he stomped on him..

mainman

Set Trippin
itsbob said:
What I saw on the Sports Machine last night was..

His helmet didn't just "come off".. Haynesworth kicked his helmet off his head, THEN he stomped on him..
I didn't catch that...:yikes: After the game JF told the tuna that if the league did not deal with it accordingly or to his satisfaction that the titans would handle it themselves....

Every other offense in the league has him marked now, imagine how many extra elbows and knees he is gonna get while in pile ups now...:yay:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'm thinking...

mainman said:

...out for the year IF he has no other incidents like this. He kicked a downed opponent and could have put the guys eye out.

This is a strong case for the NFL to CLEARY define that, as violent as football is, it's still not the Coliseum and this is not Rome.

mainman

Set Trippin
Larry Gude said:
...out for the year IF he has no other incidents like this. He kicked a downed opponent and could have put the guys eye out.

This is a strong case for the NFL to CLEARY define that, as violent as football is, it's still not the Coliseum and this is not Rome.
I agree with this.. I think a year is warranted and just...

Ponytail

I'm interested in seeing how the team Handles haynesworth, regardless of what the League does. Fischer was understandably pissed and quite embarrassed about it.

I was surprised to hear form the SI dude on the post game show, that he felt that Haynesworth would only get a $25,000 fine, and no suspension. The others felt that this was a criminal act and it should go far beyond the league. I tend to agree with that. As far a the league is concerned, I don't feel that Haynesworth should play in the NFL ever again. He came very close to ending the career of another player. The act was intentional. He lost control of his emotions, maybe. It doesn't belong in an organized sport.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Just some statistics...

Only four penalties for 40 yards.

Over 35 minutes in the time of possession.

481 yards of offense not including the 176 on returns.

152 rushing yards (112 for CP) and 329 through the air.

Defense garnered four sacks. The famed Jag's 'D' and their front four garnered none.

Defense held Fred Taylor and the speedy Matt Jones-Drew to only 33 yards.

Hall made all of his kicks with a long of 44 yards.

Cartwright averaged 30 yards on kickoff returns!

With this win the Redskins are considered to be the 3rd best offense.

nomoney

Larry Gude said:

I was watching the game and he deserves at least a year.

Maybe a stupid question though, the game was on a grass field and not turf - so wouldn't they be wearing metal cleats and not turf shoes? Or is that just a girly question? :lol: Dude's lucky if there were metal cleats involved that he ONLY walked away with 30 stitches.