Yellowstone volcano increased activity. Possible eruption?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Just like climate change, there isn't a damned thing we can do about it. Why worry? Make your peace with your maker.

Not worried, but ... I'd rather scratch out an existence with what is available and wait it out as long as possible before that happens, I'm in no hurry to meet the maker.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I love your sense of humor. If it happens it will take most folks by surprise since only those of us interested in volcanoes are usually aware of their potential for devastation locally.

Sadly a massive Yellowstone Supervolcano eruption would kill probably half the world's population (over time) due to the food shortages.

You know...if this scenario was happening in Europe...it would have 24 hour media coverage, people would be building bunkers, storing a year of food, developing green usages for ash, planning refugee centers. They go bonkers over climate change--AND catastrophes.

Americans? "What's a yellow stone?"
"Supervolcano?...wasn't that James Bond guy in that & the chick from Terminator?"

Only news junkies and geologists are nervous about this BUT...There have been cluster quakes MORE severe in 2002, 2004, & 2008. So, magma movement is possible, but unless it is venting a lot more...and surface temps spike, its not time to start digging a hole in the back yard yet.

Check in on youtube discussion between two very informed guys with "Suspicious Observers" & "Suspicious Sky" 6/19
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A17LwfLPpbA&feature=youtu.be

About 4 quakes higher then 4.0 in the last 17 years...and it is one of the most active...allowing pressure to steadily ease over time.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
When I worked in Yellowstone NP (2012) the joke was if the volcano blew we'd have a ringside seat to the show.

Hijinx

If I may ...

Not worried, but ... I'd rather scratch out an existence with what is available and wait it out as long as possible before that happens, I'm in no hurry to meet the maker.

Did I say not to? I only said we should be prepared. But then it doesn't take a Volcano to get prepared.
Any one of us could die in seconds, from natural or un natural causes.
I worry more about cancer than some volcano takin me away.

Sapidus

and how does the USA go from a superpower to a Third World country in less than a minute? Yellowstone erupting. This would be bad with a capital BAAAAA

Trumps $1 billion in cuts to FEMA and one huge eruption, hurricane or Katrina.

Imagine Trump trying to be presidential during a nationwide emergency?

Help us all

Hijinx

Trumps $1 billion in cuts to FEMA and one huge eruption, hurricane or Katrina.

Imagine Trump trying to be presidential during a nationwide emergency?

Help us all

If Yellowstone erupts as a super volcano the last thing that your stupid brain has to worry about is Trump.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
If Yellowstone erupts as a super volcano the last thing that your stupid brain has to worry about is Trump.

No! .... He'll be wearing his pussy hat and safety pins when archeologists his body out of the volcanic ash in 2000 years.

:lmao:

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
just a thought, wonder if a nice ripple of 6-10 MOABS dropped on this b1tch would relieve the pressure and let us continue to live ??????????????
just a thought, wonder if a nice ripple of 6-10 MOABS dropped on this b1tch would relieve the pressure and let us continue to live ??????????????

So, do you have a thought on the subject? :popcorn:

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
yes, i think it's worth a try, just think of this nasty firebreathing behemouth like ISIS and we drop one, then two then three then four then five and then six. That should get us down to about 1000 feet, maybe even 2000 feet, Phuck maybe 10000 feet. Relief from the pressure, just like a good fart and we're good for another 1000 years.

You asked.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

yes, i think it's worth a try, just think of this nasty firebreathing behemouth like ISIS and we drop one, then two then three then four then five and then six. That should get us down to about 1000 feet, maybe even 2000 feet, Phuck maybe 10000 feet. Relief from the pressure, just like a good fart and we're good for another 1000 years. You asked.

Unfortunately, and I think this is correct, but the weight if the earth over the cauldron is what is keeping everything contained. There have even been studies that indicate that the earth in the area is actually rising, somewhat akin to a big bubble, from all the pressure. If many MOAB's where to be dropped, at depth, It just may remove the cork, so to speak. Then we'd be in a world of hurt.

Wishbone

If I may ...

Unfortunately, and I think this is correct, but the weight if the earth over the cauldron is what is keeping everything contained. There have even been studies that indicate that the earth in the area is actually rising, somewhat akin to a big bubble, from all the pressure. If many MOAB's where to be dropped, at depth, It just may remove the cork, so to speak. Then we'd be in a world of hurt.

So instead of a fart, you'd get the ####!