Yo! Gay men!

Aimhigh2000

Point taken

That is so true. Politicians are crooked, the metro lines aren't straight. The roads lead to circles, and you can't get an honest answer hardly out of anyone. About the only thing straight in DC is the fact that it is out of whack. But that isn't a straight forward answer either. Oh well, actually, about the only straight thing in DC is the Washington Monument, unless it leans

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Aimhigh2000
Heck, if ya ever met me, ya probably would never be able to guess I was queer LOL.
I'd introduce you to Christy. If you started hitting on her, I'd know you were gay. :jet:

cityboy

Re: Re: gay cliques

Originally posted by Chasey_Lane
There's nothing 'str8' about D.C. :rolleyes:

Are you talking about the people that live there? Or are you talking about all the diagonal avenues? I don't understand, what makes southern maryland more straight then DC? Most of the Gay men and women that live their came from rural places like southern maryland. Example, myself, and probably someone else that you think is straight.

Last edited:

cityboy

Back On Subject

I think a lot of people are cool with it, but they just need to see more gay people being open in public so they would get used to it. I wear my homosexuality on my sleave for a reason, for the simple fact that if I didn't people down here wouldn't know that we exist (except for on TV).

There are people down here that hate gays and lesbians. It's because they don't understand them, or know them. Once they do they find out that we're normal just like them. (if they're normal to begin with):cool:

Last edited:

Aimhigh2000

oh, the church

Yeah, there is a good book of fiction.

Originally posted by Boudicca
Dear Dr. Laura:

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination... End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of

God's Laws and how to follow them.

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2. The passage clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? - Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I am confident you can help.

Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your adoring fan

Just makes ya think

cityboy

Bible

Originally posted by Barbra
A lot of ppl down here & elsewhere hate gay ppl because the Bible & their church tells them to. The whole God is love thing gets thrown out the window & doesn't apply to homosexuals. :rolleyes:

I don't understand that concept. People only follow certain parts of the Bible. In the Bible it also says you can't divorce, but by golly you have no fault divorce written into american law. It also says you can sell your daughter into slavery but I don't see to many fathers auctioning off there daughters.:clap:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Re: Back On Subject

Originally posted by cityboy
I think a lot of people are cool with it, but they just need to see more gay people being open in public so they would get used to it. I wear my homosexuality on my sleave for a reason, for the simple fact that if I didn't people down here wouldn't know that we exist (except for on TV).

There are people down here that hate gays and lesbians. It's because they don't understand them, or know them. Once they do they find out that where normal just like them. (if they're normal to begin with):cool:

I think homophobia is universal, and I think it's mostly by men directed at men who set off their "gaydar."

As I've posted before, I went through several years of being harrassed by guys who thought I was gay. I think that was because didn't fit their idea of masculinity--I was from the city, wore glasses, was scrawny (wouldn't I love to have that problem now!), was bookish and reclusive, didn't smoke, didn't drink, and didn't have an interest in hunting. I always had a healthy interest in females, but I was too shy to ask girls out until my junior year of high school.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think a lot of people are cool with it, but they just need to see more gay people being open in public so they would get used to it.
I think that just about sums it up. Many people think gays are represented by the freak shows - Gay Pride marches, Queer Nation loonys, like that. There are some on here that rail against the "normalization" of gays that's the new trend on TV these days. I say that "normal" gays should get the airplay, not embarrassing and misleading stereotypes like Mr. Slave from South Park (even though he cracks me up :lol:).

If we fall back on the Bible to dictate every social norm, we're no better than the Muslim extremists that blew up our WTC and our Pentagon.

Aimhigh2000

Mr. Slave!!!

OMG, I love South Park though, and even I think that and the whole devil and saddam affair are funny as you know what. I don't care for the Pride Marches and all that other garbage. How about an episode that shows me out mowing the grass, changing the oil on the car, sluggin down a beer, or breakin wind. That would give the Fab 5 a heart attack. I agree, it is the weird ones that give the rest of us a bad name. :dance:

cityboy

Originally posted by vraiblonde
I think that just about sums it up. Many people think gays are represented by the freak shows - Gay Pride marches, Queer Nation loonys, like that. There are some on here that rail against the "normalization" of gays that's the new trend on TV these days. I say that "normal" gays should get the airplay, not embarrassing and misleading stereotypes like Mr. Slave from South Park (even though he cracks me up :lol:).

If we fall back on the Bible to dictate every social norm, we're no better than the Muslim extremists that blew up our WTC and our Pentagon.

I agree with you. By the way I also think Mr. Slave is funny.

(But on another note I was standing in front of my home talking on the phone and three adolescents yelled out queer for no provoked reason, are they cool with it?)

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child

Good post. My wife and my mother-in-law watch Christopher Lowell on the Discovery Channel, and I'm convinced that his mincing is all an act. No one can be that over-the-top in real life. The other night we turned on Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, which I had never seen before, and the blond guy was almost as mincing as Lowell.

I wonder if most gays regard the Queer Nation types like blacks regard Amos 'n' Andy.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
(But on another note I was standing in front of my home talking on the phone and three adolescents yelled out queer for no provoked reason, are they cool with it?)
I'd say yell back but it's probably not worth what might ensue. I was coming out of the Target the other day and some punks drove past and yelled, "B*tch" at me. I yelled back "Pimple faced loser!" but I'm a middle-aged woman (less challenging) and was in a populated area. You probably better not do that.

cityboy

I'd say yell back but it's probably not worth what might ensue. I was coming out of the Target the other day and some punks drove past and yelled, "B*tch" at me. I yelled back "Pimple faced loser!" but I'm a middle-aged woman (less challenging) and was in a populated area. You probably better not do that.

These were just neighborhood rats, but I bet in a year or two they'll be used to me and my partner. (I just moved to Mechanicsville) It will become normal to them. (after they see that I'm not doing drugs, or having sex on the front lawn, even though that does sound like fun...):crazy:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I yelled back "Pimple faced loser!"

:killingme you go vrai ... way to tell 'em! :clap: :lol:

Well, I'm here to tell you that the flaming feminine types of gay men really, really do exist, and not just on tv. I've met a few over in "Gay"hobeth as Tater calls it, and lemme tell ya ... complete with the hip swinging, wrist flipping, high-pitched girlie voice accented with a lisp. What's funny though is that it has no effect or stomach churning ache on me that it seems to have for most straight men. Personally, I'd love to have more gay friends. All of 'em I've met have been more honest, sincere, caring and morally upstanding than a lot of the homophobes who ##### about them. And as much as I might crack a joke here or there (like my suggested av for AimHigh :lol:), that's all it is -- a joke. Hell, I'd rather be surrounded in my neighborhood by gay couples vs most straight couples who don't take care of their homes, ##### and fight all the time, let their kids wander around, are full of 'give me' attitude, etc.

Cityboy ... feel free to swing by my pad in M-ville anytime you get sick of the bigots where you are. :cheers: