"You can't hold me, take care of the kids...":

truby20

Fighting like a girl
Mikeinsmd said:
!
What these dolts ignored was this was a CAT 5!!! Only the 4th time in recorded history that a CAT 5 has hit the continental USA. All you had to do was look at any internet or news weather site to see the size and magnitude of this thing. It seems people have lost good ole common sense!!

Not to split hairs here but Katrina's intensity at landfall was 145 mph with a central pressure of 918 mb. This puts her as the third strongest recorded storm to ever hit the US, ahead of Andrew and behind Camille. So based on wind speed she was a category 4 but when we get a real idea of the amount of destruction the land falling wind speed may be kicked up. That's exactly what happend with Andrew, into the late 1990's Andrew was still considered to be a category 4 but once a reanalysis was done of the damage it was determined that the sustained winds were over 145 mph. Andrew was reclassified as a category 5 a few years ago.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Railroad said:
It's in the Florida Keys. That's a string of islands that extends South and East of Florida, between Florida and Panama.

:rolleyes:

Where is "Pig Pine Key"? Is it above Boca Chica Key? Were you being sarcastic when you called it "Pig Pine"?

C

CapsFan

I saw video today from FOX news that showed two Dolphins swimming in someones pool. Hope there is enough time to save them and get them back to the ocean. The video being shown today is unbelieveable, the destruction is enormous.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
elaine said:
:rolleyes:

Where is "Pig Pine Key"? Is it above Boca Chica Key? Were you being sarcastic when you called it "Pig Pine"?

Let me try again...Is it below Marathon? Between Marathon and Tavernier? Between Marathon and Sugar Loaf? Help me out here, since you know where that little string of islands is located.

truby20

Fighting like a girl
Mikeinsmd said:
Truby beat me but she has an advantage! :lol:

just by a few seconds....the time stamp on the messages are the same. :dance: And I wouldn't say much of an advantage, tropical meterology is a whole other beast compared to what I work with.

Mikeinsmd

truby20 said:
just by a few seconds....the time stamp on the messages are the same. :dance: And I wouldn't say much of an advantage, tropical meterology is a whole other beast compared to what I work with.
oh ok. I just knew you worked in the field. :yay:

SamSpade

elaine said:
Let me try again...Is it below Marathon? Between Marathon and Tavernier? Between Marathon and Sugar Loaf? Help me out here, since you know where that little string of islands is located.
I think he must be referring to "Big Pine Key".

Yeah, I thought the same thing as you probably did - as in "damn! I thought I knew all the major ones already". I used to go down there way back in college days.

Agee

CapsFan said:
I saw video today from FOX news that showed two Dolphins swimming in someones pool. Hope there is enough time to save them and get them back to the ocean. The video being shown today is unbelieveable, the destruction is enormous.
They were moved there from an Aquarium that was in the strike zone before the storm hit. Salt was also added to the Hotel pool.

C

CapsFan

Oh ok, I thought the storm surge brought them in and they somehow found the pool.

I'm a :dork:

Agee

CapsFan said:
Oh ok, I thought the storm surge brought them in and they somehow found the pool.

I'm a :dork:
:lmao:

I figured that's what you were thinking. Reading your post, I did have a vision of Dolphins surfing the surge through downtown Biloxi :lmao:

Airgasm said:
:lmao:

I figured that's what you were thinking. Reading your post, I did have a vision of Dolphins surfing the surge through downtown Biloxi :lmao:
Now I have that vision...how cute! :lmao:

Qpid

Damn alot of you are soooo harsh!!!

Alot of people were too poor to evacuate.

How are you suppose to evacuate if you have no car, no family or friends??

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Qpid said:
Damn alot of you are soooo harsh!!!

Alot of people were too poor to evacuate.

How are you suppose to evacuate if you have no car, no family or friends??
:confused: Were they too poor to walk? There were shelters set up all over the place. :shrug:

truby20

Fighting like a girl
crabcake said:
:confused: Were they too poor to walk? There were shelters set up all over the place. :shrug:

Evidently they weren't too poor to loot:

Looting begins in New Orleans

One man, who had about 10 pairs of jeans draped over his left arm, was asked if he was salvaging things from his store.

"No," the man shouted, "that's EVERYBODY'S store."

Did this happen after Andrew and Hugo? Or is New Orleans just sleazy?

Qpid

truby20 said:
Evidently they weren't too poor to loot:

Looting begins in New Orleans

Did this happen after Andrew and Hugo? Or is New Orleans just sleazy?

You do what you have to do to survive!!!

First the people were suppose to evacuate when they had no means to.

Now their homes are going to be washed away and they have no means to eat, what do you expect for them to do??!!!

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Qpid said:
You do what you have to do to survive!!!

First the people were suppose to evacuate when they had no means to.

Now their homes are going to be washed away and they have no means to eat, what do you expect for them to do??!!!

Yeah because we all know jewelry is essential for survival. :confused: