Youth football is great

bfncbs1

Can you ping me now? Good
Irreplaceable good "Dad" moments. :yay:

Great bonding time between Dad and son. We generally have a 9am game an stay and watch every game after us. Its what we do because we both love it!

I look forward all week to spending this time with him.

KDIVA

Omg!

Great bonding time between Dad and son. We generally have a 9am game an stay and watch every game after us. Its what we do because we both love it!

I look forward all week to spending this time with him.

Well apparently you were not at the game on Saturday at Lancaster Park(The Hornets Homecoming) where the parents and a few other guys were fighting in the parking lot. Everyone did an about face to their cars.

bfncbs1

Can you ping me now? Good
Well apparently you were not at the game on Saturday at Lancaster Park(The Hornets Homecoming) where the parents and a few other guys were fighting in the parking lot. Everyone did an about face to their cars.

I can honestly say I have never seen a fight at a youth football game. I'm glad I wasn't with my kid to witness something like that. It is uncalled for regardless of there reasoning. Its about the kids and that should be the first concern for all parents involved. No excuses and those involved should be barred from the fields.

I also play in La Plata so I've never been to a St. Mary's game other then scrimmages we have against them in August.

Zguy28

Perhaps this was more a product of the geographic area and not the sport?

ETB

Perhaps this was more a product of the geographic area and not the sport?

What's that supposed to mean? PRR have been playing at lancaster for 5 yrs and I can't remember ever having any fights. Maybe it has something to do with the Hornets? Maybe they were upset because they got shut out and couldn't get a 1st down?:popcorn:

ToBeDetermined

My understanding is the 2 individuals that were fighting were in their late teens to early 20's and it was a spill over from the night before (not sports related). Now to say whether the spill over incident occurred geographically close to Lancaster I can not answer.

KDIVA

What's that supposed to mean? PRR have been playing at lancaster for 5 yrs and I can't remember ever having any fights. Maybe it has something to do with the Hornets? Maybe they were upset because they got shut out and couldn't get a 1st down?:popcorn:

Well before you assume that it had anything to do with the kids and the game it did not! It was actually one parent from the team and some people that came that were not there for the game only to start trouble with this person.

While you are correct that the 7,8 and 9 year olds could not compete with the other team they are children and I don't think your comment considered the age of these kids.

With that said, the Hornets as a club is disgusting and I know that on a personal level. The management not the kids!

Last edited:

ETB

I didn't assume anything, that's why I put a ? at the end of the statements. I should of said hornets parents/management?

^^^^You must of assumed since YOU posted this on a football thread^^^^

I still don't understand what zguy was trying to imply!

KDIVA

I didn't assume anything, that's why I put a ? at the end of the statements. I should of said hornets parents/management?

^^^^You must of assumed since YOU posted this on a football thread^^^^

I still don't understand what zguy was trying to imply!

I think we all know what was being implied and although my zipcode is 20653, I certainly do not represent or condone what happened at the park. However, I understand what is being said and while there is some truth to the statement, a few bad apples does not spoil the entire box.

Zguy28

I think we all know what was being implied and although my zipcode is 20653, I certainly do not represent or condone what happened at the park. However, I understand what is being said and while there is some truth to the statement, a few bad apples does not spoil the entire box.
The apple analogy is quite true and why I said "maybe". It is common knowledge that Lexington Park is statistically higher in crime. Nothing more nothing less. From what ETB said about his experience at Lancaster Park, it sounds like I was probably incorrect. :shrug:

Pete

Repete
And heartbreaking. Had a boy on our team get a Joe Theisman style fracture of his lower leg. One of the most gut wrenching things ever to see when you get to an injured player on the field.

Very sobering.

Last edited:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
And heartbreaking. Had a boy today get a Joe Theisman style fracture of his lower leg. One of the most gut wrenching things ever to see when you get to an injured player on the field.

Very sobering.

Poor kid, that sucks.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
And heartbreaking. Had a boy today get a Joe Theisman style fracture of his lower leg. One of the most gut wrenching things ever to see when you get to an injured player on the field.

Very sobering.

That stinks, your team member?