Youth football is great

Pete

Repete
No surgery for the boy. Clean break, both bones and they got them set last night. No surgery is a relief, it will make his recovery easier.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
And heartbreaking. Had a boy today get a Joe Theisman style fracture of his lower leg. One of the most gut wrenching things ever to see when you get to an injured player on the field.

Very sobering.
WOW! Poor kid. Hope the give him plenty of pain killers.

Zguy28

Yea great kid, it's terrible. Just one of those rare things, got rolled up in the flow. My boy was in on the tackle and heard it snap. Said is almost made him hurl.
Ugh, man, that's bad. I had my TE break his wrist last year. Cheap shot 20 yards away from the play, kid hit him in the back and he fell and his hand curled under and snap.

Hope he get's well soon and glad to hear his leg is gonna be okay.

kickstand

De omnibus dubitandum est
No surgery for the boy. Clean break, both bones and they got them set last night. No surgery is a relief, it will make his recovery easier.

I was there for that game. One of my girls is on the cheer squad for the unlimited. I knew it was bad when I heard the call to the sidelines for 9-11. I'm glad he's doing well.

KDIVA

The apple analogy is quite true and why I said "maybe". It is common knowledge that Lexington Park is statistically higher in crime. Nothing more nothing less. From what ETB said about his experience at Lancaster Park, it sounds like I was probably incorrect. :shrug:

Thanks for your common sense responses which is one of the reasons I respect your posts and I certainly enjoy reading them.

Zguy28

Some good football

Saw some good football today at the Mechanicsville Braves Homecoming. The 85lb matchup was really good between the two 4-0 teams (Braves White & Raiders Retro). Good, hard hitting game, but in the end the State Champion Braves were victorious and still undefeated.

Unfortunately though a player on the Raiders was seriously hurt during a pass play over the middle of the field. He got leveled by a safety or linebacker and they took him out in an ambulance with a possible neck injury. Hopefully he is not seriously injured. :frown:

Also, the 95lb game immediately following was good too. The Braves RB Rackey is a beast.

hollywood33

Saw some good football today at the Mechanicsville Braves Homecoming. The 85lb matchup was really good between the two 4-0 teams (Braves White & Raiders Retro). Good, hard hitting game, but in the end the State Champion Braves were victorious and still undefeated.

Unfortunately though a player on the Raiders was seriously hurt during a pass play over the middle of the field. He got leveled by a safety or linebacker and they took him out in an ambulance with a possible neck injury. Hopefully he is not seriously injured. :frown:

Also, the 95lb game immediately following was good too. The Braves RB Rackey is a beast.

YEAH, 85lb White Braves all day!!! Hard to be humble in victory but it really wasn't a good game, 3-4 TD's called back for the Braves, could have easily been 36-0 not 22-0. Excellent defensive effort holding a Raiders team that was averaging 30 points a game to a goose egg.

Hope the young Raider is ok!!

However, I do think we corner the market on "beast" running backs tough!! If your gonna name names!! LOL

Zguy28

YEAH, 85lb White Braves all day!!! Hard to be humble in victory but it really wasn't a good game, 3-4 TD's called back for the Braves, could have easily been 36-0 not 22-0. Excellent defensive effort holding a Raiders team that was averaging 30 points a game to a goose egg.

However, I do think we corner the market on "beast" running backs tough!! If your gonna name names!! LOL
Yes, Vontae is quite the running back also. He's pretty darn fast. He's got game changing skills.

Last edited:

Area51

Same here, I hope the young man is ok.

I was really expecting a good game also. The entire team showed why they were state champs last year. Hats off to you guys.

Another good game was going on at the same time as this one on field 2. 95lb White Braves and Black Raiders, the only score was in the middle of the 4th quater.

Last edited:

Giantone

Youth football like it use to be ....yeah it was good but todays youth football .....it's a joke.Why?Becuase of the parents and the coachs...and good lorf the high school coachs arounf here are idiots!From the youngest player to high schoolers they are miss guided and miss coached....by the parents and the coaches. Kids are wearing reciver gloves.....no one is taught fundamentals any more...9-10 year olds feel left out or are told they can't play if they haven't been on a contact team yet.....9 and 10 ?????I've seen plenty of youth coaches in Charles county from the Bears to the Bull Dogs and not one has a good coach maybe a parent but not a good coach, youth football unless it's Pop Warner ....at least in So. Maryland is a joke.:coffee:

Zguy28

Youth football like it use to be ....yeah it was good but todays youth football .....it's a joke.Why?Becuase of the parents and the coachs...and good lorf the high school coachs arounf here are idiots!From the youngest player to high schoolers they are miss guided and miss coached....by the parents and the coaches. Kids are wearing reciver gloves.....no one is taught fundamentals any more...9-10 year olds feel left out or are told they can't play if they haven't been on a contact team yet.....9 and 10 ?????I've seen plenty of youth coaches in Charles county from the Bears to the Bull Dogs and not one has a good coach maybe a parent but not a good coach, youth football unless it's Pop Warner ....at least in So. Maryland is a joke.:coffee:
I guess that's why the Mechanicsville Braves won a state championship in their division last year?

When I've coached (I took this year off), I've always taught fundamentals of blocking (low man wins, wedge blocking etc.) and tackling (hint: it's not about hitting as much as it is about wrapping the man up low), taking good angles, how to catch correctly etc.

hollywood33

Have to ask: What does "wearing reciver gloves" have to do with being "taught fundamentals"? Since when is using bare hands a fundamental? You use the advancements in technology that are available: gloves for cold, slippery hands, rib guards for protection, visors to prevent facemasks and poking in the eyes, etc....

You can't paint a board brush of no good coaches....there are a quite a few!