Youth football is great

goinggoing_gone

....someone did,a kid just doesn't do something like that on his own............it not a coach then a parent.

Are you for-real or just saying every stupid thing you can come up with in attempt to spark a reaction?

Are you seriously so stupid, you think that the only way a kid would make a dirty play is if he was instructed to do so?

I have been around all walks of coaches...and as much as I have felt that some were just not meant to be coaches...some had no connection with kids...some were stupid...and some were even mean...I have been lucky enough to have NEVER witnessed a coach instruct their players to take a cheap shot. Not saying it never happens, but I am saying it is not the norm.

Good chance the kid referenced didn't know what he was doing or simply made a mistake. Possible it was malicious...but if he learned it from anywhere, it was probably something he saw watching an NFL game...not what he was told by his coaches or parents. Could even be that he was going in for a block and the kid turned around at the last second. Who knows, wasn't there. But you can't make these fist-down definitive declarations ... too many possibilities, scenarios and situations for that nonsense.

Zguy28

Are you for-real or just saying every stupid thing you can come up with in attempt to spark a reaction?

Are you seriously so stupid, you think that the only way a kid would make a dirty play is if he was instructed to do so?

I have been around all walks of coaches...and as much as I have felt that some were just not meant to be coaches...some had no connection with kids...some were stupid...and some were even mean...I have been lucky enough to have NEVER witnessed a coach instruct their players to take a cheap shot. Not saying it never happens, but I am saying it is not the norm.

Good chance the kid referenced didn't know what he was doing or simply made a mistake. Possible it was malicious...but if he learned it from anywhere, it was probably something he saw watching an NFL game...not what he was told by his coaches or parents. Could even be that he was going in for a block and the kid turned around at the last second. Who knows, wasn't there. But you can't make these fist-down definitive declarations ... too many possibilities, scenarios and situations for that nonsense.
The play in question was in a game I coached. My TE got hit from behind when the Tailback was more than 20 yards (in reality about 40 or so) downfield about to score on a big run and the kid just plowed him from behind. He was either stupid or mean, maybe both. But regardless, nobody hear knows why he did it and to pretend to know is just foolishness.

Giantone

No nit-wit, I referenced the 85lb and 95lb division. 95lb division goes as high as 12 year olds. Can you get off point any more? The point was there's experienced kids up in those weight classes and those experienced kids will damage a first year player significantly more often than a first year pee wee kid.

You didn't tell parents to talk to different doctors. You told us all that no child should play tackle football until they're at least 11. And that my doctor is an idiot.

I'm quite certain I didn't say to throw them in front of a bus...but if you want to go with that analogy...do you consider the 6 year old the bus? I think I'd call the 6 year old a tricycle and the 11 year old the bus.

You're the rocket scientist,you're the one telling everyone that your Doctor said it's ok and as I said before he's an idiot,I will tell every parent that has a child in pee wee football to yank them... it's not safe.Pretty much the arrogance and ignorance the other poster show in this thread proves my point.
What I will tell you is weather it's kids age of 6,7,8,9,10, children are not physicaly ready for contact football till 11 years of age.

Giantone

reading comrehension.Did'nt say it was the norm what I said was "if a coach didn't teach him to do it ...a parent did.

Zguy28

What I will tell you is weather it's kids age of 6,7,8,9,10, children are not physicaly ready for contact football till 11 years of age.
Based on what? Not saying I necessarily agree or disagree with you on this, but I want to know where this arbitrary age of 11 comes from.

PrepH4U

YEH THET BRING BACK THE COCHES THET WERE HERE JUST A TWO YEARS AGO WHEN ST MARYS HAD POP WARNER IF YOU WANT TO SAVE FOOTBALL THEN GET RID OF ALL IDIOT PARENTS AND COCHES AND HIGH SCHOOL COACHES WITHOUT SOME BIG CHANGS FAST ARE THREE HIGH SCHOOLS WILL STATY AT THE BOTOM OF SMAC AND NEVER GET A SHOT AT STATE LEVEL PAYOFS.

SO WHET IS YOUR POINT HERE IF YOU DONT LIKE KIDS PLEYING FOOTBALL THAN DONT LET THEM PLAY A PARENT IS MORE THEN CAPIBLE OF MONIOTORING HOW THERE KIDS COACHES INTERACT WITH THEM IF A PARENT FEELD THERE CHILD IS BEING INTIMIDTED THEY CAN ADRESS IT IF A PARENT FEELS IT UNSAFE THEY CAN SIMPLY REMOVE THEM FROM THE TEAM AN FIND A NEW SPORT ALL LEAGUES AND COACHES ARE VOLUNTERES THET DO THE BEST THEY CAN YOU SEEM HAVE SOME ADJENA EVER SINCE YOU FOUND OUT THET NO ONE WENTS A HAS BEEN TO COACH SPECAL TEAMS

Hay seaing thet you must have pleyed football, survived sum nasty hits and are know cruising the fouroms to try and increase your speeling skills...
may be you can find a voluntere coch too halp you :whistle:

Zguy28

I see the morons are starting in so I'll jump out but it's plain to see the kids are just doing what there told bye either parent or coach...so next time you think this is a joke ..........watch this and laugh.

Concussions Hit Youth Football Hard -- Back Porch FanHouse
I don't know any coaches in the local youth league that would send a kid back in who says he is dizzy or has other signs of concussion. I still want to know where the age of 11 comes from. Is it a statistic? Medical fact that I can read about in a peer-reviewed medical journal? A clinical study?

Put the "morons" on ignore if they bother you. I want to see where this came from and where it goes. Don't just do a drive-by.

goinggoing_gone

You're the rocket scientist,you're the one telling everyone that your Doctor said it's ok and as I said before he's an idiot,I will tell every parent that has a child in pee wee football to yank them... it's not safe.Pretty much the arrogance and ignorance the other poster show in this thread proves my point.

I said my doctor approved it for my boys.

Which poster are you referring to?

What are you basing age 11 on?

goinggoing_gone

The play in question was in a game I coached. My TE got hit from behind when the Tailback was more than 20 yards (in reality about 40 or so) downfield about to score on a big run and the kid just plowed him from behind. He was either stupid or mean, maybe both. But regardless, nobody hear knows why he did it and to pretend to know is just foolishness.

How old were these kids? (just curious)

ETB

My boys both have played contact football since the age of 5. Most injuries that I have seen in the past 10 years happened to the kids at the ages of 11 and up. In fact, there was never a serious injury to any kid during any game that my boys played in until age 12. I don't have the statistics of injuries/age but if the majority of the kids younger than age 11 are not getting hurt, why not let them learn football skills and learn to love the game? Watch a few freshmen football games. Most of the kids that are on the sidelines and not in the game are there for a couple of reasons. Injuries or they don't have the skill sets yet to play at the HS level. Take that age 11 bull sh#t somewhere else unless you are trying to start some kind of "kickers" clinic so you can pass along your awsome skills!

Zguy28

Wow, a boy who played with me last year got a concussion last night. He was immediately pulled and taken to the doctor after displaying symptoms. Out for two weeks. And he was the starting QB. Who said the coaches around here would just tell him to "shake it off" again?

goinggoing_gone

8-10 75lb.

I could definitely believe an 8-10 year old just didn't know what he was doing...and plowed the kid from behind thinking he was doing the right thing.

I at least think it's more likely than a coach or parent telling him to do that. I'd like to think the kid was just poorly coached/trained...or less than 'bright' :shrug:...but not malicious.

I know I've had a couple kids in the past that just heard the screams of "Hit somebody" and didn't apply any extra thought, such as, hit them in the chest or don't hit them if my RB is already 20 yards down the field--despite me having explained that scenario 500 times lol!

goinggoing_gone

My boys both have played contact football since the age of 5. Most injuries that I have seen in the past 10 years happened to the kids at the ages of 11 and up. In fact, there was never a serious injury to any kid during any game that my boys played in until age 12. I don't have the statistics of injuries/age but if the majority of the kids younger than age 11 are not getting hurt, why not let them learn football skills and learn to love the game? Watch a few freshmen football games. Most of the kids that are on the sidelines and not in the game are there for a couple of reasons. Injuries or they don't have the skill sets yet to play at the HS level. Take that age 11 bull sh#t somewhere else unless you are trying to start some kind of "kickers" clinic so you can pass along your awsome skills!

:yeahthat: