Youth shotgun

Winn Dixie

Song of the South
Nucklesack said:
So besides acclimatizing wild animals to become a nuissance by expecting food from humans (which damages the wild animals) what have you done to help both wild animals and the environment.

i know what my son, myself and millions of other hunters have done

If you consider killing the animals helping them, I guess you've done a lot more than me. What exactly is "acclimatizing"? So, what you're saying is that if we're good to the animals that's bad but if we kill the animals that's good?

Mikeinsmd

Winn Dixie said:
Wow, I hope you're not at work putting all this together. :lmao:
You sign his paycheck?? :confused:

I guess it's not ok to catch fish either? Oysters, crabs???

Spray for mosquitos, flys, roaches?? Hmmmmm...??? Ever kill a bug?

What about plants?? They're one of Gods living creatures and have feelings too yanno!!!

What do you eat to sustain life anyway?? :tap:

Mikeinsmd said:

What about plants?? They're one of Gods living creatures and have feelings too yanno!!!

That's where I was going. Next question. Do you ever take antibiotics? Mouthwash?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Winn Dixie said:
If you consider killing the animals helping them, I guess you've done a lot more than me. What exactly is "acclimatizing"? So, what you're saying is that if we're good to the animals that's bad but if we kill the animals that's good?
So what do you eat??

Are you a 100% vegetarian??

itsbob said:
So what do you eat??

Are you a 100% vegetarian??

It can be done...

My brother is... has been since the age of 17. Reads all labels, doesn't eat anything with meat byproducts in it either.... no gelatin, no lard, etc.

He doesn't wear leather. Doesn't kill rodents or insects.

Winn Dixie

Song of the South
Mikeinsmd said:

You're just getting silly now. My point is I just don't think it's right to take a young impressionable mind, hand it a gun and tell it it's okay to kill. Goodness knows I have friends and relatives who are hunters but it doesn't mean I just look the other way when I see children being handed guns. Life is precious and that's what the children need to be taught. How do you say to a 9 year old, "Okay, go kill the squirrel but leave the cat alone?" Why is the cat more important than the squirrel, just because you've decided to have a cat for a pet? I just don't think children are ready emotionally, morally or mentally to make those decisions. I will never understand hunting and I certainly will never understand why people think it's a great thing for children to do.

Mikeinsmd

kwillia said:
It can be done...

My brother is... has been since the age of 17. Reads all labels, doesn't eat anything with meat byproducts in it either.... no gelatin, no lard, etc.

He doesn't wear leather. Doesn't kill rodents or insects.
Besides the obvious, what the difference in killing a living plant and killing a living animal?? :confused:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Winn Dixie said:
You're just getting silly now. My point is I just don't think it's right to take a young impressionable mind, hand it a gun and tell it it's okay to kill. Goodness knows I have friends and relatives who are hunters but it doesn't mean I just look the other way when I see children being handed guns. Life is precious and that's what the children need to be taught. How do you say to a 9 year old, "Okay, go kill the squirrel but leave the cat alone?" Why is the cat more important than the squirrel, just because you've decided to have a cat for a pet? I just don't think children are ready emotionally, morally or mentally to make those decisions. I will never understand hunting and I certainly will never understand why people think it's a great thing for children to do.

You don't eat cats, well most people don't. Most kids who grow up hunting, know the difference in right and wrong when it comes to killing animals.

Winn Dixie

Song of the South
jwwb2000 said:
You don't eat cats, well most people don't. Most kids who grow up hunting, know the difference in right and wrong when it comes to killing animals.

And you know this because. . .?

Mikeinsmd

Winn Dixie said:
You're just getting silly now. I'm the silly one??? :killingme My point is I just don't think it's right to take a young impressionable mind, hand it a gun and tell it it's okay to kill. That's your opinion. Goodness knows I have friends and relatives who are hunters but it doesn't mean I just look the other way when I see children being handed guns. I bet they tell you to STFU too. Life is precious and that's what the children need to be taught. Who says he's not teaching his kids life is precious?? How do you say to a 9 year old, "Okay, go kill the squirrel but leave the cat alone?" You say: "Okay, go kill the squirrel but leave the cat alone. We don't eat cats in the USA" Why is the cat more important than the squirrel, just because you've decided to have a cat for a pet? See above. I just don't think children are ready emotionally, morally or mentally to make those decisions. Again, that's YOUR opinion. You don't know his kid. I do. Based on your posts, she's smarter than you. I will never understand hunting and I certainly will never understand why people think it's a great thing for children to do. Because it's over your head. Let it go. :huggy:
:duh:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Winn Dixie said:
And you know this because. . .?

I grew up in a house where hunting was the thing to do, especially deer, squirrel, dove, quail, duck, ect. I was taught at a very young age how to shoot, what to shoot and what NOT to shoot. I didn't go around the neighborhood killing dogs and cats just for the fun of it. I would have gotten my azz tore up because that isn't what was acceptable, still isn't imo.

To lighten the mood... let me tell you a true story from the life of kwillia....

My son has a friend who's family has chickens. They collect the eggs and sell them. He came home after spending the weekend there and was raving about how delicious the eggs were at breakfast and said I need to start getting my eggs from them from now on. I replied, "Are you kidding me? I'm not buying those eggs! Those eggs come from a chicken butt, I get my eggs from the store!"

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Winn Dixie said:
Goodness knows I have friends and relatives who are hunters but it doesn't mean I just look the other way when I see children being handed guns. Life is precious and that's what the children need to be taught.
AS you reach for another Burger off of the grill...

Kids should be taught that thrre is more to eating then going to the grocery store.. there is more to putting food on the table then running your ATM card through the slot in the check out line.

SOMEONE has to do the "dirty" work to get your food there, or you can do it yourself.

You kill what you eat, and you eat what you kill..

jwwb2000 said:
I grew up in a house where hunting was the thing to do, especially deer, squirrel, dove, quail, duck, ect. I was taught at a very young age how to shoot, what to shoot and what NOT to shoot. I didn't go around the neighborhood killing dogs and cats just for the fun of it. I would have gotten my azz tore up because that isn't what was acceptable, still isn't imo.
:yeahthat: All hunting families that I know personally live by the same rule.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
kwillia said:
To lighten the mood... let me tell you a true story from the life of kwillia....

My son has a friend who's family has chickens. They collect the eggs and sell them. He came home after spending the weekend there and was raving about how delicious the eggs were at breakfast and said I need to start getting my eggs from them from now on. I replied, "Are you kidding me? I'm not buying those eggs! Those eggs come from a chicken butt, I get my eggs from the store!"
Now that there is funny!!

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Oh and I wanted to add this.....

For fun and to practice shooting, I shot at cans, water filled milk containers, paper targets, ect. I never shot at houses nor at people.

Safety was always #1 when hunting or just having fun with targets.