Youth shotgun

I started going with my Dad when I was about 5. Didn't hunt until I was 10, but by that time you know what is for shooting and what isn't. I think if anything hunting gives you respect for life. Doesn't mean you don't shoot it, clean it, cook it and eat it. You just respect it while you are doing those things.

Nucklesack said:
I have friends who's kids were born and raised in Alaska, never had cow meat in their life (grew up on Bear and Elk).

they couldnt stand store Hamburgers/steaks to fatty and didnt taste right to them
I don't think we had any store bought meat until I was about 9. It was deer, antelope, rabbit and trout.

Nucklesack said:
Grew up in Germany, best friends dad was a Jägermeister (not only a good alchohol it also means Master Hunter) and we used to eat this all the time

MmMm Hassenfeffer Link
Looks good.
Whatever you do never try to cook and eat a desert jackrabbit. They are so tough I'm suprised a .22 could penetrate. I tried stew and chili simmered for hours. That is all.

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
desertrat said:
I started going with my Dad when I was about 5. Didn't hunt until I was 10, but by that time you know what is for shooting and what isn't. I think if anything hunting gives you respect for life. Doesn't mean you don't shoot it, clean it, cook it and eat it. You just respect it while you are doing those things.
:yeahthat: My point exactly. She has respect for life.

sockgirl77

Nucklesack said:
She ignored it multiple times, probably because it would be hard for her to say hunting is bad, while reaching for the Bacon Cheeseburger
Probably. I have issues with guns. They scare me. I've never held or touched one. I will not be buying my son one. I do not believe in buying kids toys guns either. Well, atleast not ones that look real. There are too many other educational toys that he can play with. However, I eat meat. Someone needs to kill animals so that I can munch on my deer jerky every winter. So, I'm staying out of this one. I'm not going to sit here like that dumbass and sound like a hypocrit blah blahing over Bambi and Thumper killing when chomping on jerky. :shrug:

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
Well, she went dove hunting with me this evening. She killed 3 birds. All clean shots. No cripples. I was so proud. Charles Daly fit her perfectly and now she can't wait for tomorrows hunt. Damn I'm proud. :clap: :clap: :clap: (Tear drips from cheek)

gumby said:
Well, she went dove hunting with me this evening. She killed 3 birds. All clean shots. No cripples. I was so proud. Charles Daly fit her perfectly and now she can't wait for tomorrows hunt. Damn I'm proud. :clap: :clap: :clap: (Tear drips from cheek)
I had lunch with your sister today...:coffee:

Mikeinsmd

gumby said:
Remind her I'm her favorite uncle!!!

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
Mikeinsmd said:
Remind her I'm her favorite uncle!!!

Wanna go tomorrow?? I'll pick you up at noon. There were at least 50 birds on the lines when we got there. :yay: :yay:

Mikeinsmd

gumby said:
Wanna go tomorrow?? I'll pick you up at noon. There were at least 50 birds on the lines when we got there. :yay: :yay:
Can't. I'm in a poker run tomorrow. We'll get together. Prolly be winterizing the boat soon.

CMC122

Go Braves!
I think it's awesome you take your daughter hunting! My first gun was a 410 and I can't wait to get it back one day from the parents :lol: I always loved being able to go out with my Dad and he loved telling everyone what a good shot I was:lol: Heck, I think he still talks about it:lmao:

One day when I'm not so tied up with raising kids I'm going to take it back up again:yay:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
*bump for Morgie*

kwillia said:
To lighten the mood... let me tell you a true story from the life of kwillia....

My son has a friend who's family has chickens. They collect the eggs and sell them. He came home after spending the weekend there and was raving about how delicious the eggs were at breakfast and said I need to start getting my eggs from them from now on. I replied, "Are you kidding me? I'm not buying those eggs! Those eggs come from a chicken butt, I get my eggs from the store!"

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
Winn Dixie said:
Doesn't make it right now, does it? :smack: I just can't imagine being 12 years old and wanting to kill animals -- maybe it's just me. :jameo: We worry about people like Jeffrey Dalmer (sp?) who killed the family kittens, but we don't worry when we hand them a gun, show them how to use it and then say have at it? :whistle:

This is still the most ignorant statement that I have ever read here.:dork:
This old thread should be bronzed for future generations.:lmao:

Last edited:

DrummerRob

Winn Dixie said:
She wants to kill bambi and the bird of peace? :nono: :frown:

im a hunter too and also a member of PETA...

( people for the eating of tasty animals )

deer burger is better for you than beef burger less fat and not all the added chemicals

DrummerRob

i cant believe that people eat only vegetables

those poor helpless defenseless oxygen breathing plants

i guess cutting the grass is mass execution

dont poison those poor defenseless dandelions and crabgrass

oh no you chopped that carrot into a thousand pieces

vegetarian, old indian word for bad hunter