To the driver of the blue car, huge rims "4x4"

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
True....

No one here said anything about his lack of rights to look ridiculous driving down the road. I've served and I applaud his demonstration of his hard earned/fought for rights. I even applaud his service to our great country....

Still though, we have a right to post about how ridiculous we think his ride looks, we can laugh at him and poke fun at how he chooses to modify his family sedan. Isn't America great!

Kind of makes you wonder - what's next?

Maybe a Mazda Miata - with the same 26" rims and tires? :lmao:

Like, how far is too far?

GreenHornet

Kind of makes you wonder - what's next?

Maybe a Mazda Miata - with the same 26" rims and tires? :lmao:

Like, how far is too far?

Who knows what's next. All I know is that this is a "culural" thing and is about getting attention by standing out in a crowd. People who do these things to their cars do it for the attention and they don't care if it's negative attention because for them it's all about being noticed. I think the whole culture in general is a joke and does nothing for the image their intelligent counterparts try to shed.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Who knows what's next. All I know is that this is a "culural" thing and is about getting attention by standing out in a crowd. People who do these things to their cars do it for the attention and they don't care if it's negative attention because for them it's all about being noticed. I think the whole culture in general is a joke and does nothing for the image their intelligent counterparts try to shed.

That's pretty sad, when you think about it. If, in fact, it's all about getting noticed, that your ride is so far out there, and you pay out that much - big bucks - I'm sure, then it doesn't say much for your character, or who you are.

"It's all about me! Check me out! Like, I'm so insecure about myself, I need you to notice me!" :bigwhoop::bigwhoop:

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
That's pretty sad, when you think about it. If, in fact, it's all about getting noticed, that your ride is so far out there, and you pay out that much - big bucks - I'm sure, then it doesn't say much for your character, or who you are.

"It's all about me! Check me out! Like, I'm so insecure about myself, I need you to notice me!" :bigwhoop::bigwhoop:

Whatever happened to 'sleepers'?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Whatever happened to 'sleepers'?

Obviously, they're a thing of the past. They don't say enough about YOU!

They don't get you NOTICED! Again, it's a sad state of our youth today, when a clean, cool looking ride ain't enough for your swollen ego. :frown:

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
Obviously, they're a thing of the past. They don't say enough about YOU!

They don't get you NOTICED! Again, it's a sad state of our youth today, when a clean, cool looking ride ain't enough for your swollen ego. :frown:

Bling to get noticed. I just liked it when my 'sleeper' put some jerk in his place. Even more rewarding when he was just showing off for his girlfriend. :lmao:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Bling to get noticed. I just liked it when my 'sleeper' put some jerk in his place. Even more rewarding when he was just showing off for his girlfriend. :lmao:

The last "sleeper" I owned(and had built up) was a'69 Volks Karman Ghia, that had a 2180cc engine, w/dual Webber carbs, 009 distributor, Crower cam and Thunderbird headers on it.

I seriously scared the crap out of 350ci Camaros off the line/red light! Mine was geared low, in the transaxle, so it really moved out from 1st through 3rd gears, but when they hit their 3rd gear, I was toast. But, it was fun watching their faces during those first 7 or 8 seconds.:lmao:

Used get 35mpg out of it too!

T

toppick08

The last "sleeper" I owned(and had built up) was a'69 Volks Karman Ghia, that had a 2180cc engine, w/dual Webber carbs, 009 distributor, Crower cam and Thunderbird headers on it.

I seriously scared the crap out of 350ci Camaros off the line/red light! Mine was geared low, in the transaxle, so it really moved out from 1st through 3rd gears, but when they hit their 3rd gear, I was toast. But, it was fun watching their faces during those first 7 or 8 seconds.:lmao:

cool....:yay:

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits

My MGB was pretty similar. But I did rework the tranny. Had overdrive as a switch in the shifter. Pretty quiet too, but folks did wonder why I had dual exhausts.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
My MGB was pretty similar. But I did rework the tranny. Had overdrive as a switch in the shifter. Pretty quiet too, but folks did wonder why I had dual exhausts.

Sounds definitely like a sleeper!

I had mine lowered to about 4 inches, had the 'Ghia painted Porsche Ruby Red, installed mag wheels with 195r 75x15 radials, and had the inside of them painted to match the body color, the outer rims were chrome, however. Tinted all the windows dark gray, a baitchin stereo w/new amp and speakers throughout. Interior was totally redone to match the overall color of the car:
Upholstery and all were a dark maroon. Yeah, even the engine shroud and compartment was painted the same color as the body.

I dumped around $3,000.00 into it, as I recall. $600.00 was the initial cost paid for the car up front.

mattvivslivesou

www.meerkatsound.com
Makes oil changing a breeze though! :lmao: There is a 90's Camaro Convertible in Charles county all hooptied up like that as well. Whatever trips your trigger buddy. :pete:

its also has a custom paint job with checker flags... I've seen him at Hotel Charles a few times...

Funny thing about his car, my V8 4Runner with a trailer that weights about 3k loaded, can out run him at a stop light.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
its also has a custom paint job with checker flags... I've seen him at Hotel Charles a few times...

Funny thing about his car, my V8 4Runner with a trailer that weights about 3k loaded, can out run him at a stop light.

Not only that, he probably increased his cars stopping ability, not good when you have to lay on the brakes!!!

D

doubt_me

Not only that, he probably increased his cars stopping ability, not good when you have to lay on the brakes!!!

increased stopping ability is good. you probably mean its increased stopping distance or decreased stopping ability.

to me the car is rediculous, but to each his own.

im sure the rims and tires cost big $$$$$

J

jjsmommy99

increased stopping ability is good. you probably mean its increased stopping distance or decreased stopping ability.

Dear Sir,

Your spelling is weedickerous!!!!!!!

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!

Sorry correct, I meant decrease his ability to stop... :whistle:

When that big, the tires normally cost more than the rims...

Andras

Attachments

• sm36284.JPG
    sm36284.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 65

foodcritic

I saw it

Your car is the most ridiculous looking thing on the road. I'll be laughing at you when it tips over going around a corner....

Anyone else seen this thing? Its a jacked up Ford Crown Vick or Mercury with these huge chrome rims, custom exhaust and low profile tires....... All I can say is why? and what a jack ass!

GH

Works at the base I think. Used to have lots of tint....Think he got the message. :whistle: