Tragedy in Calvert County

Danzig

Now that this thread has turned the conversation to the house, I will share with you an actual comment that was NOT approved on SMNEWSNET yesterday.

"I am the owner of a Crime and Trauma Scene Decontamination Company. I am very sorry to hear about the tragedy that happened today. If the family is looking for a company to help get the house back together we are equipped to handle this delicate matter. Please have them contact us at 443-220-8205 we are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week."

I wanted to approve so the public could see it, but thought it would make us look bad. I just wonder how many calls he would have gotten from pissed off people had we approved it?

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Now that this thread has turned the conversation to the house, I will share with you an actual comment that was NOT approved on SMNEWSNET yesterday.

"I am the owner of a Crime and Trauma Scene Decontamination Company. I am very sorry to hear about the tragedy that happened today. If the family is looking for a company to help get the house back together we are equipped to handle this delicate matter. Please have them contact us at 443-220-8205 we are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week."

I wanted to approve so the public could see it, but thought it would make us look bad. I just wonder how many calls he would have gotten from pissed off people had we approved it?

I would have found that information to he helpful, and not at all insensitive.

My friend, who had to clean up the brain debris from her father's suicide, would have gladly used this service.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

That makes sense since the comments were locked.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
It's on the larger side but nothing spectacular IMO. :biggrin:

I don't think it is all that spectacular either but for different reasons. The house seems so industrial to me - not cozy or personal. However, by definition, Baja is right, it is considered a McMansion. I believe the 3200 square feet doesn’t include the finished basement. Like Hank, I thought thumbing through the pictures was strange also but something I noticed seemed to stand out. This couple cleaned up all the appliances on the kitchen counters yet left 1/3 of the bar full of alcohol bottles. It made me think they like to drink.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out

I do see where you are coming from.... at first i was pissed... but then thought about it.. and did find it helpful

:shrug: where else would they advertise this type of service? Next to Servpro? Stanley Steamer?

Maybe if it was written a little different?

Hell I would look to them for a PT job :coffee:

I would have found that information to he helpful, and not at all insensitive.

My friend, who had to clean up the brain debris from her father's suicide, would have gladly used this service.

:yay:

Danzig

That makes sense since the comments were locked.
They were locked because we were getting so many comments about their personal lives, their relationship, there finances, and all kinds of other personal info that had no business being posted.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
They were locked because we were getting so many comments about their personal lives, their relationship, there finances, and all kinds of other personal info that had no business being posted.

I agree with you completely.

Sweet 16

^^8^^

An amateur internet sleuth could put together a general picture of the family and their situation from info. readily available on the internet. His record was not so stellar and they were relatively young. I'm just curious what he did for a living to be living such a high-falutin' life. I guess none of that really matters now though. :ohwell:

Hank

my war
Sweet 16 said:
An amateur internet sleuth could put together a general picture of the family and their situation from info. readily available on the internet. His record was not so stellar and they were relatively young. I'm just curious what he did for a living to be living such a high-falutin' life. I guess none of that really matters now though. :ohwell:

Think I read he was a pipe fitter or something of that nature.

smts

:yeahthat: Still not, in my opinion, something that would produce the income to afford the lifestyle, JMO.

wondered the same thing. He had judgements against him a few years back then all of a sudden he has a house that size with a gorgeous pool, brand new cars.?.?. Something seemed amiss to me.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
:yeahthat: Still not, in my opinion, something that would produce the income to afford the lifestyle, JMO.

Maybe they sold a house a few years back and made a good amount on it? Maybe the family had inherited some money? It doesn't always have to be someone's income as an example of how one should live.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
This doesn't take into consideration OT. :larry:
Ok lets say he makes $100K w/OT. Take 28% out for taxes... $72K take home.

$72K/12months = $6K month - $3.7K mortgage = $2,300.00 left for:

food
car
gas
electric
phone
insurance
maintenance
TV
clothes
activities

Not gonna happen on his salary alone.

Like I said, she'd have to work AND make the same money

SoMDGirl42

There's got to be a better way for this company to advertise. I know their services would be needed on many locations, but there's got to be a better way.

I had to help clean up a crime scene and scrape brain matter off the walls and doors. It's not pleasant. Especially when they are friends/family you are doing this for.