Tragedy in Calvert County

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
There's got to be a better way for this company to advertise. I know their services would be needed on many locations, but there's got to be a better way.

I had to help clean up a crime scene and scrape brain matter off the walls and doors. It's not pleasant. Especially when they are friends/family you are doing this for.
They shouldn't have to advertise at all. Not anyone can clean up a bio-hazmat scene like this one. Companies have to be certified & licensed as do the workers. All he needs to do is let all of the local EMS agencies know about his company. There aren't that many companies that can do this.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Ok lets say he makes $100K w/OT. Take 28% out for taxes... $72K take home.

$72K/12months = $6K month - $3.7K mortgage = $2,300.00 left for:

food
car
gas
electric
phone
insurance
maintenance
TV
clothes
activities

Not gonna happen on his salary alone.

Like I said, she'd have to work AND make the same money

That is what I was thinking as well - knowing 'about' the ballpark of what they make. but like Chasey said earlier...

Maybe they sold a house a few years back and made a good amount on it? Maybe the family had inherited some money? It doesn't always have to be someone's income as an example of how one should live.

I thought that as well but a Mr. Davis (a neighbor they interviewed) said the house was on the market because "things haven't been well" something he quoted Frank as having said to him. (Channel 5 news at 5 last night) that could mean financial or with the relationship - who knows...

They shouldn't have to advertise at all. Not anyone can clean up a bio-hazmat scene like this one. Companies have to be certified & licensed as do the workers. All he needs to do is let all of the local EMS agencies know about his company. There aren't that many companies that can do this.

:yeahthat: My husband and a friend used to run a business like this in DC.

SoMDGirl42

Problem I see with this is, the EMS are not going to stay on the scene when the victims are already deceased. Not all families show up on the scene, many have to be contacted by the police department and notified. I don't see the police advertising for them. :shrug: It's a no win situation. Their family member is dead, and they don't know who to call for help. Sucks.

Hank

my war
Baja28 said:
Ok lets say he makes $100K w/OT. Take 28% out for taxes... $72K take home.

$72K/12months = $6K month - $3.7K mortgage = $2,300.00 left for:

food
car
gas
electric
phone
insurance
maintenance
TV
clothes
activities

Not gonna happen on his salary alone.

Like I said, she'd have to work AND make the same money

3.7 k on mortgage would be now if it sold. They didn't buy it for the price it is listed now, so their mortgage is lower than that.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Problem I see with this is, the EMS are not going to stay on the scene when the victims are already deceased. Not all families show up on the scene, many have to be contacted by the police department and notified. I don't see the police advertising for them. :shrug: It's a no win situation. Their family member is dead, and they don't know who to call for help. Sucks.
Noooooo....... the on scene EMS don't call them. The dispatcher does. The police will tape off the area until a hazmat team arrives.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
3.7 k on mortgage would be now if it sold. They didn't buy it for the price it is listed now, so their mortgage is lower than that.
Good point. Wonder what they paid. I'll guarantee in the $500's. Mamma would still need a decent job to supplement the income.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Now that this thread has turned the conversation to the house, I will share with you an actual comment that was NOT approved on SMNEWSNET yesterday.

"I am the owner of a Crime and Trauma Scene Decontamination Company. I am very sorry to hear about the tragedy that happened today. If the family is looking for a company to help get the house back together we are equipped to handle this delicate matter. Please have them contact us at 443-220-8205 we are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week."

I wanted to approve so the public could see it, but thought it would make us look bad. I just wonder how many calls he would have gotten from pissed off people had we approved it?

That is tacky as ####. Not on your part, but on the part of the ambulance-chasing cleaning company, posting advertising on a story such as this.

What the hell gets into people?

SoMDGirl42

Noooooo....... the on scene EMS don't call them. The dispatcher does. The police will tape off the area until a hazmat team arrives.

You are confusing me even more. :confused: You said let all the EMS agencies know. What good are they going to do if they aren't on the scene?? The disbatcher isn't going to call a company to come clean up the scene, someone has to be responsible for paying the bill. They aren't going to do it without someone saying they'll pay the fee and negoitating a price. The police will not stay on the scene until a hazmat team arrives. At least they didn't when I had to go in an clean up brain matter. The fire department will hose off all the bodily fluids if it's in a publc place. Private residence is a different matter entirely.

Hank

my war

THey bought the house on 12/14/2010 and paid $562,000

wrong

In summer 2007, Cynthia Hayward filed for divorce. At the time of the divorce, Frank was working at Stephens Pipe and Steel in Bladensburg, and Cynthia worked at Anne Arundel Diagnostics. They lived in a $349,000 home that was on the market.

SoMDGirl42

wrong

In summer 2007, Cynthia Hayward filed for divorce. At the time of the divorce, Frank was working at Stephens Pipe and Steel in Bladensburg, and Cynthia worked at Anne Arundel Diagnostics. They lived in a $349,000 home that was on the market.

what does the summer of 2007 have to do with december of 2010?

Owner Name: HAYWARD FRANK J JR &
CYNTHIA MARIE Use: RESIDENTIAL
Principal Residence: YES
Mailing Address: 1800 CANDLELIGHT CT
OWINGS MD 20736-3616 Deed Reference: 1) /03632/ 00476
2)

Location & Structure Information
Premises Address Legal Description
1800 CANDLELIGHT CT LT 26R PLAT 2
OWINGS 20736-0000
FAIRVIEW FARM

Transfer Information
Seller: ICE, JERRY & JANICE Date: 12/14/2010 Price: $562,000 Type: ARMS LENGTH IMPROVED Deed1: KPS /03632/ 00476 Deed2:

now what????????????

Hank

my war
what does the summer of 2007 have to do with december of 2010?

Owner Name: HAYWARD FRANK J JR &
CYNTHIA MARIE Use: RESIDENTIAL
Principal Residence: YES
Mailing Address: 1800 CANDLELIGHT CT
OWINGS MD 20736-3616 Deed Reference: 1) /03632/ 00476
2)

Location & Structure Information
Premises Address Legal Description
1800 CANDLELIGHT CT LT 26R PLAT 2
OWINGS 20736-0000
FAIRVIEW FARM

Transfer Information
Seller: ICE, JERRY & JANICE Date: 12/14/2010 Price: $562,000 Type: ARMS LENGTH IMPROVED Deed1: KPS /03632/ 00476 Deed2:

now what????????????

Oh, maybe the 349,000 was the house they lived in before.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
You are confusing me even more. :confused: You said let all the EMS agencies know. What good are they going to do if they aren't on the scene?? The disbatcher isn't going to call a company to come clean up the scene, someone has to be responsible for paying the bill. They aren't going to do it without someone saying they'll pay the fee and negoitating a price. The police will not stay on the scene until a hazmat team arrives. At least they didn't when I had to go in an clean up brain matter. The fire department will hose off all the bodily fluids if it's in a publc place. Private residence is a different matter entirely.
The DISPATCHER calls the company, not the on scene personnel.

I'm pretty sure (could be wrong) the authorities cannot leave a hazmat area like this. They will call the company & pay them. How they get reimbursed I do not know.

Since both owners are dead, who would pay? I suspect the county handles this stuff.