Tragedy in Calvert County

SoMDGirl42

The DISPATCHER calls the company, not the on scene personnel.

I'm pretty sure (could be wrong) the authorities cannot leave a hazmat area like this. They will call the company & pay them. How they get reimbursed I do not know.

Since both owners are dead, who would pay? I suspect the county handles this stuff.

DISPATCHER isn't going to hire a company to clean the scene.

and I KNOW for a fact, that they did leave the scene of a murder/suicide and the FAMILY cleaned up the scene. I was there. Not something I will forget easily.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
DISPATCHER isn't going to hire a company to clean the scene.

and I KNOW for a fact, that they did leave the scene of a murder/suicide and the FAMILY cleaned up the scene. I was there. Not something I will forget easily.
When did this happen and where?

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
When did this happen and where?

trust me it did happen... and she HELPED clean it up
(and was on scene when they were able to gain entry to the house).... very, very sad day

2004 in St. Marys

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
It's pretty unfortunate that this thread turned into a "how in the hell did they afford this big ass house?", to "how much do you think he earned?", to "were they in financial distress?".

The only thing on my mind is that there is a 12-year old boy who has lost everything that he has ever known. A mother who probably was his entire world. A sibling who he was just getting to know. A father....as bad as the situation ultimately turned.... that this child still probably loved.

He is now alone in the world.

The people that most loved him in the world are no more.

That breaks my heart.

PRIVATEYE

I'm pretty sure (could be wrong) the authorities cannot leave a hazmat area like this. They will call the company & pay them. How they get reimbursed I do not know.

Since both owners are dead, who would pay? I suspect the county handles this stuff.

police department/sheriff's dept hands off the name of critical incident cleanup companies that are available in the area. being that the homeowners are both deceased, the information may possibly get passed on to next of kin, estate reps, etc.,. The homeowners insurance covers the CIC bill... at least most insurance policies cover it. (unknown fact by many homeowners) but my former husband was a partner in a cleanup company so this is factual, not just my guess. the home is closed up tight until a company is hired - the police/fire dept are released from the scene once their specific work is done. in the event of a suicide, where other family members are still living in the home, these companies are usually on the scene before the police are finished their investigation and get the work started as soon as they get the okay from the police. they are 24/7 companies. my husband spent many nights running to/from incidents all hours of the night. his specific company was also a licensed transport company, and transfered the body to the morgue in baltimore. morbid yes, but someone had to to do it.

Hank

my war
It's pretty unfortunate that this thread turned into a "how in the hell did they afford this big ass house?", to "how much do you think he earned?", to "were they in financial distress?".

The only thing on my mind is that there is a 12-year old boy who has lost everything that he has ever known. A mother who probably was his entire world. A sibling who he was just getting to know. A father....as bad as the situation ultimately turned.... that this child still probably loved.

That breaks my heart.

Well, hopefully he survives. I think he is still critical.

Rt235

Who was the older woman who ran out of the house and called 911?
Grandmother?
Living there to watch the kids while parents worked?
Just wondering...

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie

That breaks my heart.

I agree with you completely. We can all sit here and ASSume why he may've turned into Satan yesterday...was it due to marital problems, financial problems, etc? But really, what does that matter at this point? A wife and an innocent 2 year old little girl were brutally murdered by a monster they trusted and loved. A 12 year old little boy has lost everything he's ever known. All that's on my mind is that I hope he pulls through and that he has family to love him through this nightmare.

My hubby said, "I would've taken those kids if he didn't want them anymore. Who does this sh!t?" He's a POS and will rot in hell, no doubt.

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
Who was the older woman who ran out of the house and called 911?
Grandmother?
Living there to watch the kids while parents worked?
Just wondering...

I think it was the wife's great Aunt. Not sure if she babysat the kids or what but my understanding is that both parents worked.

poster

Noooooo....... the on scene EMS don't call them. The dispatcher does. The police will tape off the area until a hazmat team arrives.

You would think that is the case but it's not.
Once the police are done with their investigation they leave.
If asked they may offer 'suggestions' on who to call.

It's up to the homeowner or family to arrange to have cleaned.

poster

If it's a private residence and the door can be locked shut then it is left.
It's up to the homeowner (now probably the bank in this case) to call for a cleaning company.
Believe it or not but a homeowners policy could cover all or part of this.
The county does not get involved unless it is in a public area.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
trust me it did happen... and she HELPED clean it up
(and was on scene when they were able to gain entry to the house).... very, very sad day

2004 in St. Marys
I wasn't questioning if it happened. When & where is important. 2004 in St. Mary's is some time ago. Regulations change.

AA County is prolly more up to date on this stuff than St. Mary's as evidenced by SoMDGirl42 being allowed to do the clean up herself. That's not likely to happen today.