Tragedy in Calvert County

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
You would think that is the case but it's not.
Once the police are done with their investigation they leave.
If asked they may offer 'suggestions' on who to call.

It's up to the homeowner or family to arrange to have cleaned.

If it's a private residence and the door can be locked shut then it is left.
It's up to the homeowner (now probably the bank in this case) to call for a cleaning company.
Believe it or not but a homeowners policy could cover all or part of this.
The county does not get involved unless it is in a public area.
Sounds good to me. :yay:

PRIVATEYE

I wasn't questioning if it happened. When & where is important. 2004 in St. Mary's is some time ago. Regulations change.

AA County is prolly more up to date on this stuff than St. Mary's as evidenced by SoMDGirl42 being allowed to do the clean up herself. That's not likely to happen today.

Family members/citizens CAN do it themselves, however, most elect NOT to. there is no statute/law that says a certified cleaning company MUST do it.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Doesn't it make you people feel weird to just overtly stalk strangers like that?

It's pretty unfortunate that this thread turned into a "how in the hell did they afford this big ass house?", to "how much do you think he earned?", to "were they in financial distress?".

The only thing on my mind is that there is a 12-year old boy who has lost everything that he has ever known. A mother who probably was his entire world. A sibling who he was just getting to know. A father....as bad as the situation ultimately turned.... that this child still probably loved.

He is now alone in the world.

The people that most loved him in the world are no more.

That breaks my heart.

I agree with you completely. We can all sit here and ASSume why he may've turned into Satan yesterday...was it due to marital problems, financial problems, etc? But really, what does that matter at this point? A wife and an innocent 2 year old little girl were brutally murdered by a monster they trusted and loved. A 12 year old little boy has lost everything he's ever known. All that's on my mind is that I hope he pulls through and that he has family to love him through this nightmare.

My hubby said, "I would've taken those kids if he didn't want them anymore. Who does this sh!t?" He's a POS and will rot in hell, no doubt.

I think some of us are just looking for causes as to how something this tragic could happen. We were talking about this yesterday in our office saying that it is our hope that if somebody is going through a long standing domestic situation that they decide to change their own life from what they have heard or seen here. I know I’m interrogating by nature and that suits me well in certain situations. I want to understand *HOW* something like this could happen and it isn’t because I’m an uncaring person. In fact, I know that I am well above average when it comes to genuinely caring for others. It may be hard to believe by some, but I’m a huge cry baby with a very large heart that has a strong compassion for others when I know the victims didn't have any role in the outcome. Example... I bawled my eyes out just seeing the photos of the victims of the movie shooting knowing that there are family members left behind who have to live without them and live with the fact that they were robbed of life by a crazy lunatic. I believe Frank Jr. will survive, or at least it is my hope he does, and that he can look past the scars that are not only seen but those scars that are not seen and come to find his way in life. It doesn’t take that much intelligence to see those things apparent here from what is available on the internet and because of that I do believe Frank Jr. grew up (so far) in a volatile situation consisting of domestic violence and who knows what else. It has just got to get better for him from here on out. He deserves it.

poster

I wasn't questioning if it happened. When & where is important. 2004 in St. Mary's is some time ago. Regulations change.

AA County is prolly more up to date on this stuff than St. Mary's as evidenced by SoMDGirl42 being allowed to do the clean up herself. That's not likely to happen today.

Wrong.
Clean up is not a police problem, in any county, unless it is in a PUBLIC area.

SoMDGirl42 is a wonderful person for doing the clean up for someone.
I could not do it myself.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Family members/citizens CAN do it themselves, however, most elect NOT to. there is no statute/law that says a certified cleaning company MUST do it.
You want to double check that?

According to the OSHA standard CFR 29 1910.1030, “personnel associated with the biological clean up must be trained, immunized and properly equipped to do so”. Biohazard Cleanup Laws

FAQ
Q: Why can't I do bio-hazard clean up myself?

A: There a great deal of state and federal mandates that govern the bio-hazard clean up industry. There are a great number of risks for a business who chooses to perform bio-hazard clean up internally, including:

Employee exposure to hazards that can cause numerous diseases and medical conditions. Among these are Critical Incident Stress Syndrome and Secondary Traumatic Stress Disorder. Exposure can result in workers compensation claims and other liabilities.

State and Federal mandates have been established regulating the collection, handling, and disposal of human bio-hazardous waste. Companies can face serious penalties for not adhering to these regulations.

Personnel conducting hazardous water collection and disposal are required to follow specific training and medical mandates set by state and federal agencies. Failure to comply can result in serious penalties.

Last edited:

SoMDGirl42

Wrong.
Clean up is not a police problem, in any county, unless it is in a PUBLIC area.

SoMDGirl42 is a wonderful person for doing the clean up for someone.
I could not do it myself.

It had to be done. At the time, no one was in the frame of mind to look for someone else to do it. I think we also have more information available via the internet now as compared to then.

I know what this young boy has ahead of him. I pray for a full recovery, both mentally as well as physically. I pray his family will make sure to treat both. The mental scars are sometimes worse than the physical ones.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I think that pertains to a business regarding biohazard. You need to find regulations on a private residence. :shrug:
It does not differentiate between business or residential. They are State & Federal Regs.

Here's more...

Besides the Federal Government's OSHA standards, many state Health, OSHA or EPA departments have created similar standards and regulations. Similarly, the Center for Disease Control establishes standards and regulations for working with blood soiled environments as well as exposure reporting.
Crime scene cleanup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SoMDGirl42

It does not differentiate between business or residential. They are State & Federal Regs.

Here's more...

Can I have an employee, family member, or colleague clean the crime scene?

Federal Regulation 29CFR1910.1030 states that no employee can be placed in a position to be exposed to blood spills without first:

1.Receiving blood-borne pathogen (BBP) training.
2.Having a written BBP exposure control plan.
3.Having been provided personal protective equipment.
4.Having been offered Hepatitis B vaccine and exposure evaluation and follow-up.
5.Being provided with a method to remove and properly store the bio-hazardous waste in properly marked containers for disposal at an approved site.

All employee regulations. Family members are not employees.

Agree to disagree? or find me a regulation that states private residence.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Baja

Baja, does someone need to start a rabid pit-bull thread for you to move away from this topic?

If so, I'll dig one up for you to jump on. :yay:

jetmonkey

"I am the owner of a Crime and Trauma Scene Decontamination Company. I am very sorry to hear about the tragedy that happened today. If the family is looking for a company to help get the house back together we are equipped to handle this delicate matter. Please have them contact us at 443-220-8205 we are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week."

I think my bathrooms qualify, I'm calling these guys!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Can I have an employee, family member, or colleague clean the crime scene?

Federal Regulation 29CFR1910.1030 states that no employee can be placed in a position to be exposed to blood spills without first:

1.Receiving blood-borne pathogen (BBP) training.
2.Having a written BBP exposure control plan.
3.Having been provided personal protective equipment.
4.Having been offered Hepatitis B vaccine and exposure evaluation and follow-up.
5.Being provided with a method to remove and properly store the bio-hazardous waste in properly marked containers for disposal at an approved site.

All employee regulations. Family members are not employees.

Agree to disagree? or find me a regulation that states private residence.

Meh. When faced with that kind of situation some years back, I just took a 5-gallon bucket and a flat shovel and cleaned up the worst of it..then a garden hose and a big scrub brush for the rest.

But I was the owner of the place and not an employee..so I guess I didn't violate any rules...?

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Meh. When faced with that kind of situation some years back, I just took a 5-gallon bucket and a flat shovel and cleaned up the worst of it..then a garden hose and a big scrub brush for the rest.

But I was the owner of the place and not an employee..so I guess I didn't violate any rules...?
I'm strugglin to verify that....:lmao:

Baja you are an idjit. Your postings would imply we need to hire profession services to clear the area of a dropped tampon.

Nothing I've read stops personal clean-up of a crime scene. What you keep quoting is the rules/regulations for someone who makes a business of it.

Chris0nllyn

Baja you are an idjit. Your postings would imply we need to hire profession services to clear the area of a dropped tampon.

Nothing I've read stops personal clean-up of a crime scene. What you keep quoting is the rules/regulations for someone who makes a business of it.

I'm pretty sure OSHA is for the workplace also.

Hence the "Occupational", in Occupational Safety & Health Administration.