11 yr old hurt boarding school bus : Bus driver just drove off

AndyMarquisLIVE

Thor said:
Whatever man, all I know is thank god my wife is a school teacher so we have the ability to drive our child to school. Who the hell knows what those drivers are on.
Bus drivers are also subject to random drug tests, and from my understanding, these are administered quite often.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
AndyMarquisLIVE said:
She DID NOT get on the bus. Bus drivers are supposed to report whenever a student DOES NOT GET ON THE BUS! I know this because I've worked inside more schools than you have probably ever gone to. I've also worked inside the Board of Education - the area where they would transmit messages to the buses and the department that would handle other communications to the buses such as disorderly conduct and need of police presence or etc.
WOW, for a 19 year old you sure have worked in a LOT of places.. because I've been to a CRAPload of schools..

So if lilttle jonny fuquad is home sick he's supposed to call someone and tell them.. "Little Jonny Fuquad didn't get on my bus this morning!" :bs:

Do school busses have comm equipment on board? None I've been on have had any.. No CB radios.. No UHF/VHF.. no Sat Link..

AndyMarquisLIVE

itsbob said:
WOW, for a 19 year old you sure have worked in a LOT of places.. because I've been to a CRAPload of schools..

So if lilttle jonny fuquad is home sick he's supposed to call someone and tell them.. "Little Jonny Fuquad didn't get on my bus this morning!" :bs:

Do school busses have comm equipment on board? None I've been on have had any.. No CB radios.. No UHF/VHF.. no Sat Link..

If someone doesn't board the bus even though they are standing there, yes.

And yes, buses do have radios, at least in Charles County. This is probably a standard nationwide, horsevomit.

Last edited:

pingrr

AndyMarquisLIVE said:
She DID NOT get on the bus. Bus drivers are supposed to report whenever a student DOES NOT GET ON THE BUS! I know this because I've worked inside more schools than you have probably ever gone to. I've also worked inside the Board of Education - the area where they would transmit messages to the buses and the department that would handle other communications to the buses such as disorderly conduct and need of police presence or etc.

I don;t buy that. I realy doubt that the bus driver keeps track of what kids ride the bus on what days.

pingrr

itsbob said:

when I was in school all of the buses had CBs on them.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I'll have to ask a bus owner then to get the info on the radios..

I can't find anything that suggests it's a requirement.

MMDad

Lem Putt
AndyMarquisLIVE said:
If someone doesn't board the bus even though they are standing there, yes.

And yes, buses do have radios, at least in Charles County. This is probably a standard nationwide, horsevomit.
Why are you debating Chuck County policy when this all happened in Nashville? If you think the driver broke the rules, cite a NASHVILLE rule, bonehead.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
itsbob said:
Tripped and fell??

What article are you reading??

She stepped up, and stepped back down...

NOT the drivers job to help her on the bus, or carry her bookbag.. or wipe her little tears.
Bob, for god's sake. :rolleyes:

She stepped onto the bus and her hip went out. She fell back out of the bus and was leaning on a mailbox for support. Idiot bus driver says, "You getting on?" and she says no, she's hurt.

What part of this is so difficult for you to get into your pea brain????? :bonk:

Are you trying to tell me that if Bubba hurt himself while getting on the bus and the driver just drove off and left him, you wouldn't be pissed as hell???? And don't say it's your intention to walk Bubba to the bus stop every single day until he's old enough to drive, because we all know that's horse####.

:rolleyes:

PsyOps

Pixelated
Pete said:
I believe this is an error. By saying you "could" care less means you do care to a certain degree that would allow you to actually decrease your degree of caring, thus caring less, while still caring some measurable degree. If you said "couldn't" care less then that would mean you are devoid of any caring at all. Being that you have no measurable care you could not possibly care less.
Oh gees, here we go again. :duh: I had this thrown at me before.

I could and do care less (less and less as time goes on) about this. How's that?

AndyMarquisLIVE

pingrr said:
I don;t buy that. I realy doubt that the bus driver keeps track of what kids ride the bus on what days.

Listen up whistledick, in Charles County, if a student is at the bus stop and does not/refuses to get on, it is the bus driver's obligation to report that. Do you need me to state it any clearer you effing moron.

AndyMarquisLIVE

vraiblonde said:
Bob, for god's sake. :rolleyes:

She stepped onto the bus and her hip went out. She fell back out of the bus and was leaning on a mailbox for support. Idiot bus driver says, "You getting on?" and she says no, she's hurt.

What part of this is so difficult for you to get into your pea brain????? :bonk:

Are you trying to tell me that if Bubba hurt himself while getting on the bus and the driver just drove off and left him, you wouldn't be pissed as hell???? And don't say it's your intention to walk Bubba to the bus stop every single day until he's old enough to drive, because we all know that's horse####.

:rolleyes:

Because he's a conservative who has to place blame on an individual or child or parent instead of a bigger, larger company. That's how conservatives operate with their "ban frivilous lawsuits" thing. It's impossible for Goatvomit (AKA Bob) to put 2 and 2 together and come up with 4.

MMDad

Lem Putt
AndyMarquisLIVE said:
Listen up whistledick, in Charles County, if a student is at the bus stop and does not/refuses to get on, it is the bus driver's obligation to report that. Do you need me to state it any clearer you effing moron.
WTF does Charles County have to do with this? It happened in Nashville! You are so obtuse!

AndyMarquisLIVE

itsbob said:
I'll have to ask a bus owner then to get the info on the radios..

I can't find anything that suggests it's a requirement.

Do you want me to start asking people about this that are far more important than you?

So even if reporting it isn't a requirement in this county, would you be mad if your child were just left for nothing there? Would you be flooded with guilt if your injured child were picked up and molested? Would you be flooded with guilt if your child had sustained a very serious injury?

Even if it's not a standard requirement in every county, would you only do the bare minimum of your job? Do you tell your boss often, "I'm not gonna do this, it's not in my job description."

If you were this bus driver and that child had died, would you be flooded with guilt?

:tap:

AndyMarquisLIVE

MMDad said:
WTF does Charles County have to do with this? It happened in Nashville! You are so obtuse!
As much as I hate your ass on here, Full Metal Jacket is a great movie. :yay:

And Hartman is effing hilarious :killingme

AndyMarquisLIVE

TAPT:

<B>
3. Crossing Road Because of Destination.

Where the six-year-old victim each day for five months previous to the accident had waited at the bus stop for her mother after being dropped off, but on the day of the accident crossed the street instead, and was hit while crossing, the victim was not within the protection of subdivision (a)(4) as one "whose destination (caused her) to cross the road or highway"; therefore there was no issue of negligence on the part of the bus driver and a directed verdict was proper. Traylor v. Coburn, 597 S.W.2d 319 (Tenn. Ct. App. 1980).

</B>​
[font=APFAMM+Arial,Arial]http://www.tapt.org/TN%20Laws.pdf[/font]

[font=APFAMM+Arial,Arial]I would say, judging by this, that this was not negligence by this bus driver under TENESSEE laws. There is no clear cut requirement on this paticular incident, but it may not have been his responsibility. That said, I still don't condone his actions.

Sorry Vrai, Bob's right, to a point. The ethics are still debatable.
[/font]

AndyMarquisLIVE

MMDad said:
That is the best compliment you could give me. Thank you, Andy. It really does mean a lot to me.
JOKER

(whispering)
Is that you, John Wayne? Is this me?

HARTMAN

Who said that? Who the #### said that? Who's
the slimy
little communist #### twinkle-toed
####sucker down here, who just
signed his
own death warrant? Nobody, huh?! The fairy
####ing
godmother said it! Out-####ing-
standing! I will P.T. you all until
you ####ing
die! I'll P.T. you until your #######s are
sucking
buttermilk.

---

HARTMAN
Quickly! Get your fat ass over there,
Private
Pyle! Oh, that's right, Private Pyle ... don't
make any
####ing effort to get to the top of
the ####ing obstacle! If God
wanted you up
there He would have miracled your ass up
there by
now, wouldn't He?

PYLE
Sir, yes, sir!

HARTMAN
Get your fat ass up there, Pyle!

PYLE
Sir,
yes, sir!

HARTMAN
What the hell is the matter with you
anyway?
I'll bet you if there was some pussy up there
on top of
that obstacle you could get up there!
Couldn't you?!

PYLE
Sir, yes, sir!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
AndyMarquisLIVE said:
Sorry Vrai, Bob's right, to a point. The ethics are still debatable.
Repeat after me:

Bob is NEVER right.

Unless he is agreeing with me. :razz:

I'm not saying the bus driver is negligent for the kid falling or anything like that. I'm saying that as a common decent human being and responsible adult, the driver shouldn't have just driven off and should have helped the child.

When the 6 year old you cited above got hit by the car, do you think the friggin' bus driver just said, "Oh well, not my problem..." and drove off??

AndyMarquisLIVE

vraiblonde said:
Repeat after me:

Bob is NEVER right.

Unless he is agreeing with me. :razz:

I'm not saying the bus driver is negligent for the kid falling or anything like that. I'm saying that as a common decent human being and responsible adult, the driver shouldn't have just driven off and should have helped the child.

When the 6 year old you cited above got hit by the car, do you think the friggin' bus driver just said, "Oh well, not my problem..." and drove off??
I agree, morally. It appears though that Bob would only do what's in his job description. I wonder if his boss is seeing this...