15 Year Old Shot at Solomons Landing

Ok.... I've got a question. The area in question is a gated community, right? As such, don't they have their own rent-a-cops to enforce community rules? If so, where were they?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Read the wall.... other "friends" have open walls.... several state they were there. funny how quick walls are disappearing though... parents on here - kids arent even home from school yet, so how could their walls be disappearing??? because 2/3 of them are suspended from school... well, according to their rants on FB anyways.

Just read one..

"Suspended from school for 10 days, feds picked me up at school and took me in, handcuffed me to a bench."

Yep, society's best..

greeneyes36

Just read one..

"Suspended from school for 10 days, feds picked me up at school and took me in, handcuffed me to a bench."

Yep, society's best..

missed reading that one. Mom of one is posting all over those new sites. sad for her though. she is trying to be best friend so son doesnt move to west coast with dad. wonder if daddy knows what boy is up to these days???

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I find it interesting to read the comments section of the baynet article... seems several who do live there have stated:

they've called cops numerous times, these boys have be caught on camera starting a fire, they've broken into condos, commited vandalism, they've verbally threatened elderly residents who have asked them to stop skating...etc.

Sounds like escalation from nusiance to terrorism to me... the police force or lack there of should be held accountable for this old man getting to this breaking point.

The mom of the boy shot was on the radio this morning. She said her son was a good kid. :yawn: He's had his skateboard taken away. :yawn: What's next, XBox? :lmao:

greeneyes36

another from that same page ... "Old dude that Casey fought at the landing 7".... in response to someone asking who shot his brother...another great friend made the comment.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yep, just some nice young boys, playing with their friends until some mean old man came and shot them for no reason.

:lmao:

onel0126

Bead mumbler
another from that same page ... "Old dude that Casey fought at the landing 7".... in response to someone asking who shot his brother...another great friend made the comment.

If I were the old man's lawyer, I would be screen shotting the hell out of all of these kid's FB pages.

SoMDGirl42

If I were the old man's lawyer, I would be screen shotting the hell out of all of these kid's FB pages.

I may be wrong, but I was told that you can not delete a FB page, you can only disable it. Couldn't they supena FB to get the info?

itsbob

I bowl overhand

So this wasn't their first encounter, and they are actually bragging about fighting a 66 year old man?

onel0126

Bead mumbler
Still, not a reason to pull out a shot gun.

Maybe not but during the trial when they have gotten hair cuts, put on belts, attended charm school and just recently baptized, the defense attorney will be able to paint a different picture.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
Maybe not but during the trial when they have gotten hair cuts, put on belts, attended charm school and just recently baptized, the defense attorney will be able to paint a different picture.

Sure they are bad kids, I agree on that. I just do not see justification to pull a shot gun out and fire not once, but twice.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Still, not a reason to pull out a shot gun.

So when is it time?

What if these kids kept coming to your house and harassing you, fighting you in your driveway.. and they'd go away and come back the next day to do it again and again..

When would you resort to doing SOMEthing, ANYthing to make them stop?

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
So when is it time?

What if these kids kept coming to your house and harassing you, fighting you in your driveway.. and they'd go away and come back the next day to do it again and again..

When would you resort to doing SOMEthing, ANYthing to make them stop?

Like I said elsewhere...we do not know how he treated the kids from the start or how it all began. Why would you piss off a bunch of hoodlums if you know they will keep coming back? Tons of maybes... but I do not think shooting kids is the answer.

bohman

Did you not read the comments from residents that this has been an ongoing problem with these kids? So he retreats then, and is back at it the next day. And do you think there would have been no retaliation?

Honestly, some of you are really making me puke with your defense of punk criminals who victimize the elderly.

I think you really need to get a grip on this one. No one is advocating backing down - they are saying that murdering minors over harassment is overkill. And IMO, firing a shotgun is attempted murder unless your safety is in clear and present danger.*

You do realize that there are other ways of dealing with unruly teenagers besides firearms?

*Had one of them pulled a knife or gun on the guy, then all bets are off. Fire at will. Minor status carries no weight with me if my life, or the life of a family member, is in danger.